Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

350z UTEC comments from TurboXS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:09 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cersoft
So this brings me to my biggest point of contention with trying to tune the 0% column, say you pick a number -18 for example, if this is too lean then the ECU will auto add in more fuel and so it'll seem like this is a good number. The same will happen if the number that you pick is too rich, the ecu will scale back the fueliing ...

One thing I've noticed is that when I am driving along under light load conditions and I let off the throttle completely, the AF will swing back to about 12.8 and then swing back up because of being a free air condition. So, my question is, what should the AF do once you let off the throttle completely ???

Colin
The best way to tune the idle is to get something to read the ECU and the fuel trims specially the short term fuel trims and try to get them to 0, it wont be perfect at zero but at least in the vicinity. Otherwise the ECU will keep bouncing around trying to maintain 14.7
Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
hji1945

But the funny thing is my AFR at idle is around 13.8 all time.. No matter what I do to change it, it won't change a bit.. Should I change my Open TPS Treshold value to 0?? So Utec controls the ecu from the idle?? Or is that even possible? And seems like everyone else has FI.. I'm still NA.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
cersoft

Originally Posted by westpak
The best way to tune the idle is to get something to read the ECU and the fuel trims specially the short term fuel trims and try to get them to 0, it wont be perfect at zero but at least in the vicinity. Otherwise the ECU will keep bouncing around trying to maintain 14.7
Hmmm, interesting, out of interest, are there any tools (cypher etc) that will let you see this info???

Colin
Old 04-19-2007, 11:01 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Hmmm, interesting, out of interest, are there any tools (cypher etc) that will let you see this info???

Colin
Unfortunately Cypher doesn't I use Digimoto www.digimoto.com you can see both short and long term fuel trims with it and on both banks.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:48 AM
cersoft

Unfortunately Cypher doesn't I use Digimoto www.digimoto.com you can see both short and long term fuel trims with it and on both banks.
Man, I don't need my idle $190 fixed, it's good enough as it is

Colin
Old 04-19-2007, 11:57 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Man, I don't need my idle $190 fixed, it's good enough as it is

Colin
It is your call no one is forcing you to do it but 190.00 bucks to make sure things are running smoothly seems like peanuts compared to what you have spent already, it is also good for many things like clearing codes, diagnostics.....
Old 04-19-2007, 04:11 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

How is it that Cipher ISN'T covering parameters that are present in standard OBD-II? Or does Digimoto have something Nissan-specific in their product???
Old 04-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Looks pretty useful for scanning and what not...We use the Snap on Modius for our scanning.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Looks pretty useful for scanning and what not...We use the Snap on Modius for our scanning.
Yeah I got it a few years ago before Cypher came out and it is a pretty cool tool, we use the snap on as well.

Originally Posted by rcdash
How is it that Cipher ISN'T covering parameters that are present in standard OBD-II? Or does Digimoto have something Nissan-specific in their product???
Don't know why, the last time I tried it wasn't there. Digimoto is not manufacturer specific, even their new cable is not manufacturer specific like the old one was.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:39 AM
cersoft

It is your call no one is forcing you to do it but 190.00 bucks to make sure things are running smoothly seems like peanuts compared to what you have spent already, it is also good for many things like clearing codes, diagnostics.....
Too true, too true ... I guess I'll just pop out on the street corner and earn me some cash to pick it up ...

The other benefit I can see for getting your short fuel trims correct is that when shifting and the UTEC is interpolating back to the 0% column, if you have set that column too rich it'll log as all the cells back to 0% being rich wich is kinda confusing ...

Colin
Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

What are short fuel trims?

If it's a Nissan parameter in the ECU, it seems like something the Cipher guys could add.

UpRev was supposed to come out with a new version of Cipher in February, but it seems to have been set back a few times. Maybe short fuel trim monitoring will be included.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:47 PM
hji1945

Ok.. I reflashed my UTEC and the ThrottleControl.mot.. And my CEL went away.. So Hopefully it won't come back.. And I was wondering what should I set my TPS Open Treshold thing? It is the one that you can set from 20 to 100 I think.. It was 65 when I received it.. Should I just leave at 65?? Cause when I reflashed it went to 25.. So.. Just curious.. Thanks guys..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:08 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

any updates on 2007 UTEC?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Kenk2
Professional

Originally Posted by ZLadie2000
any updates on 2007 UTEC?
^ +1

Hey have you been to the track yet with the '07
Old 04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

No, I've been practicing my driving...going soon though.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:19 PM
keznevin

did anyone still have the power loss problem after the grounding fix?
Old 05-29-2007, 01:46 PM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by keznevin
did anyone still have the power loss problem after the grounding fix?
You shouldn't have the problem after grounding? How do you know if you are having the problem?

07 UTEC
Honestly, we have not started work on the new stuff yet. I just picked up my 07 about 3 weeks ago. I will keep you guys up to date whenever we do start making developements.

Thanks,

jermaine@turboxs.com
Old 05-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Kenk2
Professional

Jermaine,

If you could enlighten us on the subject of an update for us as far as more resolution for the UTEC that would be great.. I know Shariff had mentioned something was in the works and he saw some software during SEMA? and said alot of new features were coming.. Can you please let us know if this is in fact the case or no. I really appreciate it!

Ken
Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 PM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by Kenk2
Jermaine,

If you could enlighten us on the subject of an update for us as far as more resolution for the UTEC that would be great.. I know Shariff had mentioned something was in the works and he saw some software during SEMA? and said alot of new features were coming.. Can you please let us know if this is in fact the case or no. I really appreciate it!

Ken
Well what I am pushing for is a complete revamp of the way the speed density tuning currently works. I'd like to see more of an AFR Target Map and a VE table correction map. This is similar to the way the current WRX software works. With the added AFR Target map and VE correction table we gain the use of the IIRC 32x32 background AFR map it could actually be more but this is what works well. With this map set correctly you gain resolution but also it becomes much easier to tune, in the VE correction map. I also will be getting the launch control, flat shift etc. back into the software suite.

As we get closer I will let you know.

Thanks,

Jermaine~
Old 05-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Kenk2
Professional

Thank you for the prompt reply..

FWIW, I would be willing to PAY for this update.. The sooner we can get our hands on it the better..

Quick Reply: 350z UTEC comments from TurboXS