Any dyno results yet? lol...
Old 08-01-2007, 11:48 AM
turbotoy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dyno Dyno Dyno
Old 08-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Marshall2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting on more performance impressions...
Old 08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

I can give some performance impressions, but I don't have a dyno or anything tangible to back them up.

The map that is tuned for 93 octane gasoline and my specific mods makes more of a difference in my G35 Coupe than I expected. There is a difference in the feel of the accelerator coupled with engine response that I didn't expect. I'm not sure if it's because of the electronic throttle control being remapped or maybe it's part of the overall tune. Operating the engine with the gas pedal feels different... much better. Maybe it's just picking up more mid-range power than I ever had before... I don't know, but I like it!

Overall power has increased also. It climbs through the revs faster than it did before. It feels like it has more power in general than it did before.

I'm still running on the first set of maps I received from UpRev. I'm in the process of creating 0-60 mph performance data runs and sending them back to UpRev to have a set of custom maps created.

I know a lot of you want dyno runs and proof. I'll get my G dyno tuned after the Osiris Tuner Kit comes out. I want to wait until I can have my G tuned on the dyno before I spend the money to dyno it just to see how much horsepower I already have.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:30 AM
scratch137

Hey JB i live in tampa and would really love to see your car. If you are willing to show me some of the performance gains and overall feel the osiris has givin to your car i would really appreciate that. I can drive to you in St. Pete, or if you want on Aug 18th a local shop here in Tampa is having a BBQ and im trying to get a few memebers out there for it. Check the reigonal forums for more info on that.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Marshall2K

Hey John, I am kind of at the point where I don't plan on modding my car anymore. I was going to get an exhaust and then a flash, but Im quite content with my Crawford HFC and Stock exhaust. So I guess now would be a good time to flash my ECU. But I'm at a point where I want a bigger house and all the stuff that goes along with it. So If I do one more big mod, this would be it.
Do you think I would be very happy with the generic Osiris reflash per my mods?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:58 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by scratch137
Hey JB i live in tampa and would really love to see your car. If you are willing to show me some of the performance gains and overall feel the osiris has givin to your car i would really appreciate that. I can drive to you in St. Pete, or if you want on Aug 18th a local shop here in Tampa is having a BBQ and im trying to get a few memebers out there for it. Check the reigonal forums for more info on that.
I'm not sure how I could show you how Osiris improved my car, since you never saw it, or rode in it, before I flashed the ECU.

I'll check out the meet you're talking about. The Florida G35 Club is also having a local meet at the Quaker Steak & Lube in Clearwater on August 12th. You're welcome to come to that.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Marshall2K
Hey John, I am kind of at the point where I don't plan on modding my car anymore.
Hahaha... I've said that a few times...

Originally Posted by Marshall2K
I was going to get an exhaust and then a flash, but Im quite content with my Crawford HFC and Stock exhaust. So I guess now would be a good time to flash my ECU. But I'm at a point where I want a bigger house and all the stuff that goes along with it. So If I do one more big mod, this would be it.
Do you think I would be very happy with the generic Osiris reflash per my mods?
If you really aren't planning on doing any more mods, getting a tune would be a good final mod.

In all honesty, I'm pretty happy with the generic tune I'm running that is from UpRev's library of tunes for G35's with mods like mine. I'm still going to make a few 0-60 data runs in Cipher and send them in to UpRev to get a more accurate custom tune. That should be better than what I have now.

The only thing I might wait for if this was going to be my last mod ever would be the Osiris Tuner Kit to come out. That way a Tuner could tune your specific G35 on a dyno in real time and get everything perfect.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:32 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by __jb
last mod ever would be the Osiris Tuner Kit
Of course, you wouldn't really need that if you weren't ever going to do any further mods to your car, eh?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:24 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

The only thing I might wait for if this was going to be my last mod ever would be the Osiris Tuner Kit to come out. That way a Tuner could tune your specific G35 on a dyno in real time and get everything perfect.
Originally Posted by rcdash
Of course, you wouldn't really need that if you weren't ever going to do any further mods to your car, eh?
I meant that if you were only going to do one more mod, why not make it a dyno tune that would take advantage of all your mods and make your car run the best that it can.

The Tuner would license Osiris from UpRev and you would pay him to tune your car. The Tuner would tune your car just like he would with a UTEC and UTEC Tuner Kit, except that he'd be using the Osiris Tuner Kit and no UTEC.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 AM
skaterbasist

I can give some performance impressions, but I don't have a dyno or anything tangible to back them up.

The map that is tuned for 93 octane gasoline and my specific mods makes more of a difference in my G35 Coupe than I expected. There is a difference in the feel of the accelerator coupled with engine response that I didn't expect. I'm not sure if it's because of the electronic throttle control being remapped or maybe it's part of the overall tune. Operating the engine with the gas pedal feels different... much better. Maybe it's just picking up more mid-range power than I ever had before... I don't know, but I like it!

Overall power has increased also. It climbs through the revs faster than it did before. It feels like it has more power in general than it did before.

I'm still running on the first set of maps I received from UpRev. I'm in the process of creating 0-60 mph performance data runs and sending them back to UpRev to have a set of custom maps created.
I know a lot of you want dyno runs and proof. I'll get my G dyno tuned after the Osiris Tuner Kit comes out. I want to wait until I can have my G tuned on the dyno before I spend the money to dyno it just to see how much horsepower I already have.
Thanks for the review.

Do yourself a favor and log 5-60, 20-80, 30-70... anything but 0-60. It's really hard for anyone, including "professionals" to have consistency in 0-60's due to many variables such as the launch itself.

Just remember to be consistent in how you do these runs.

Just thought I'd give you a slight advise.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:45 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Thanks for the review.

Do yourself a favor and log 5-60, 20-80, 30-70... anything but 0-60. It's really hard for anyone, including "professionals" to have consistency in 0-60's due to many variables such as the launch itself.

Just remember to be consistent in how you do these runs.

Just thought I'd give you a slight advise..
Thanks, but the UpRev guys requested 0-60 runs.

Cipher also calculates 0-60 runs automatically. Actually, Cipher will calculate a 0-anyMPH run depending on what you set the speed limit to.

When I'm out testing for myself, I usually log from a slow roll in 1st gear until after I shift into fourth gear. I'll probably send a few of these too.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:21 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Just a small tip for people using Cipher to log Performance Runs.

For some reason Performance Runs are not suffixed with the .csv file extensions. They will have file names like "0to60_4.81Seconds" Maybe it's because the files would then have double extensions and fall foul of some antivirus software... I don't really know.

That makes them tricky to find when you click "Load" in the Cipher viewer. Just change the File Mask from "*.CSV files" to "All Files" and you will see them pop up. Cipher will then view them as usual.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:19 PM
suprasam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default logging

Yeah...I had the same issue using the performance logging function. However, if you use the manually activated logging mode it will automatically assign the file type extension, .csv, in your files.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Conceyted

I haven't done any logging yet, but I was at the tail of the dragon all weekend and I loved my new 7100 RPM redline. I also had Doug at crawford install some headers for me thursday so they were on and ready to go for the weekend. The original maps I had tuned were for strup headers, but we had problems with fit so I swapped to stock headers and ran the tuned strup map. It felt great! Once I got my car back from Doug, however, the car felt a little less responsive and not as torquey as it did before the headers. Up top it was still pulling like crazy but from 3,000 - 5,000 it was lackluster. I contacted Jared for a retune for Crawford headers and just did the reflash tonight. The car is back to its normal self and it pulls like a raped ape. I am very pleased with my Osiris.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Zshazz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any news for the '07 350Zs? I'd be interested (though, I'd like to have the tunable version, if possible). I looked through, but didn't see any definite answer.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Kieran@DrivenDynamics

None yet, I've emailed them already. I'll give them a call and see what they have to say.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Doc25398

I was messing around with the map switching while waiting at a drive thru, and I switched to map 7 and it blinked 7 times confirming that it was on the seventh map. I didnt drive with it since I didnt know what it would do. I just found it interesting, as I only have five maps to select from. Does this mean my car can support more maps, and what would driving on a supposed map seven do?

Alex
Old 08-05-2007, 11:59 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by suprasam
Yeah...I had the same issue using the performance logging function. However, if you use the manually activated logging mode it will automatically assign the file type extension, .csv, in your files.
Yes, that's true.

The nice thing about performance logging is that the logging starts automatically when you start the car rolling and shuts off automatically when you start slowing down.

When I use the manually activated logging, I sometimes can't hit the "Stop Logging" button right away. I end up getting longer logs where I'm slowing down or braking. Hard to click on stop logging when you're flying down the road...

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev