Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 PM
ATX350

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UpRev
The DE has weaker rod bolts, and shorter ring lands. The rings shatter, or the piston cracks, the rods come flying off. It's just not pretty, plus most of the DE motors have more than a few miles on them at this point, and honestly who doesn't flog their cars. So overall it's not a good idea to try and hit hero power targets on the DE unless you plan on building yourself a new motor soon.
Sorry if I'm going off track here but I recently had a V2 Rev-Up long block installed after having oil consumption issues. Can this block handle 350-400whp more reliably then a normal rev-up engine? I've had my eye on a vortech s/c kit for awhile but the only thing holding me back is the affects to the engine. Of course I would make the small trip to uprev afterwards if I were to pull the trigger.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
2007 Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uprev, could you pm me your list of pro-tuners in Florida. I'm going TT soon and would like to use Osiris.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:03 PM
ATX350

Originally Posted by 2007 Z
Uprev, could you pm me your list of pro-tuners in Florida. I'm going TT soon and would like to use Osiris.
Saw this on page 73:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silvia View Post
Where can the florida guys get this tuning done? Closest place Tampa? I'm just getting into my NA mods and a tune would REALLY wake my Z up, need one bad, especially after seeing the roller coaster of AFR numbers I was getting on the dyno a few months back.
Florida is crazy all of a sudden. Jared just went and did the Technology Day at S&R performance, and they get really good reviews from customers. But you have three options currently, with rumors of more coming shortly.

* S & R Performance
9507-A North Trask St.
Tampa, FL 33624
sandrperformance.com
(813) 961-0609

* Harbor Nissan/
Relentless RPM
4336 Tamiami Tr.
Port Charlotte, FL 33980
harbornissan.com
relentlessrpm.com
(941) 629-1171

* HorsePower Logic/
Limitless Performance
843 West 13th Ct.
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
horsepowerlogic.com
(561) 842-8333

Oh and yes Harbor Nissan is our first official Nissan Dealership. Maybe Grubbs Infiniti will come online soon so we have one of both!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:14 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by ATX350
Sorry if I'm going off track here but I recently had a V2 Rev-Up long block installed after having oil consumption issues. Can this block handle 350-400whp more reliably then a normal rev-up engine? I've had my eye on a vortech s/c kit for awhile but the only thing holding me back is the affects to the engine. Of course I would make the small trip to uprev afterwards if I were to pull the trigger.
Shouldn't be technically any real difference between the original RevUp and your replacement motor. The only thing your motor needed was a basic ring job and probably new valve seals. Problem is that would cost Nissan a fortune to pay the dealerships to do under warranty in flag hours alone. The easy way out is for Nissan to just send out a new long block and pay a basic flag hour set to the dealer for it.

From what we've seen and everyone has noted here, 400-450whp is usually safe on the RevUp as long as you don't bump the RPM limit and your fuel system and tune are safe.

The Vortech V3 tuner kit seems like a great choice and makes good reliable power for the money. We usually get the kit in 5-7 business days (vortech builds the kit after they are ordered) and we can have it up and running in no time.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 PM
ATX350

Shouldn't be technically any real difference between the original RevUp and your replacement motor. The only thing your motor needed was a basic ring job and probably new valve seals. Problem is that would cost Nissan a fortune to pay the dealerships to do under warranty in flag hours alone. The easy way out is for Nissan to just send out a new long block and pay a basic flag hour set to the dealer for it.

From what we've seen and everyone has noted here, 400-450whp is usually safe on the RevUp as long as you don't bump the RPM limit and your fuel system and tune are safe.

The Vortech V3 tuner kit seems like a great choice and makes good reliable power for the money. We usually get the kit in 5-7 business days (vortech builds the kit after they are ordered) and we can have it up and running in no time.
Please pm me the total cost for such a service and everything that is included.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by ATX350
Please pm me the total cost for such a service and everything that is included.
PMs turned off. rich@uprev.com
Old 02-19-2009, 04:26 PM
ATX350

PMs turned off. rich@uprev.com
Old 02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Hahaha...

That's a good one...
Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
drew313

Default Osiris, G35, and Idle Air Volume Learning?

I recently cleaned the throttle body on my 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT and after putting everything back together, my car began idling pretty high around 1100-1400 RPMs. It threw a P0507 code. I tried the manual Idle Air Volume Learning procedure and although it would adjust the idle, it wouldn't keep that setting after I shutoff and restarted the engine. I thought the throttle body may have gone bad so I swapped it out with a new one but still have the same problem. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't get the idle to set with Consult either.

My question is, could the Osiris flash prevent the ECU from relearning the idle correctly? Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/74376...79577767_EBsBJ pictures from UPREV's event.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by drew313
I recently cleaned the throttle body on my 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT and after putting everything back together, my car began idling pretty high around 1100-1400 RPMs. It threw a P0507 code. I tried the manual Idle Air Volume Learning procedure and although it would adjust the idle, it wouldn't keep that setting after I shutoff and restarted the engine. I thought the throttle body may have gone bad so I swapped it out with a new one but still have the same problem. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't get the idle to set with Consult either.

My question is, could the Osiris flash prevent the ECU from relearning the idle correctly? Has anyone encountered this problem before?
I forget all the exact rules for cleaning the throttle body, but it seems to very often cause this problem.

My guess is that you aren't getting the timing down correctly.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.

Operation Procedures
1. Perform “Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning”.
2. Perform “Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning”.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch “OFF” and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11. Wait 20 seconds.
12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.
You may need to reset the throttle and accelerator again, too.

I'm surprised the dealer couldn't help you.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:15 PM
drew313

Smile Problem solved

It looks like the remanufactured throttle body that I got was defective. No matter what the dealer tried, they couldn't get it to relearn the idle. I gave them my original TB to try, which I thought was damaged when I cleaned it, and they were finally able to set the idle.

I guess remanufactured throttle bodies are no good.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:54 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Here are my dynos....

One had a slight machine malfunction so it stopped picking up the information during a portion of it, and the other is missing the TQ due to the software having issues with Vista per UPREV. This is the best I can do.

The 261 RWHP was stock with just K&N drop ins. With UPREV it was 265 tuned without HFCs. And this dyno was 265 before the tune got adjusted for the HFCs, and the 274 was tuned with HFC added and tune adjusted for them.

Hope that makes sense.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
UpRev
Banned

We had RPM Pickup issues that day :-/

For some reason, Dynojets numbers change between WindowsXP and Windows Vista. They tell us it's some issue with our side, so obviously we don't know much about computers. So we're just going to recommend people use XP if they want to view their Dynojet data for the time being.

I'm going to try and update your file on another Windows XP machine in a little bit Russell.

Last edited by UpRev; 02-27-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:24 AM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default E-Tune versus Dyno Tune

Question:
How does an eTune compare to an actual dyno tune in terms of gains?

I just installed my Osiris maps this last week - definitely loving it, but it's made me curious about some things regarding the whole process of it all. I'm wondering 1) how much of a difference my first eTune will make over the initial maps I received and 2) how much of a difference there is between that eTune and what I would see if I just drove down to Austin and let the trained professionals work their magic. Any help? Any answers?

It's just something I've been curious about, because I'm going to be passing through Austin in 2 weeks, and the possibility of foregoing an eTune in favor of a dyno tune sort of piqued my interest. Is it worth the time/money?

Last edited by onagao; 03-01-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:27 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onagao
Question:

I just installed my Osiris maps this last week - definitely loving it, but it's made me curious about some things regarding the whole process of it all. I'm wondering 1) how much of a difference my first eTune will make over the initial maps I received and 2) how much of a difference there is between that eTune and what I would see if I just drove down to Austin and let Uprev work the magic. Any help? Any answers?

It's just something I've been curious about, because I'm going to be in Austin in 2 weeks, and the possibility of foregoing an eTune in favor of a dyno tune sort of piqued my interest. Is it worth the time/money?
Good question. I know there e-tunes have no timing changes or so I have been told.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:54 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by onagao
Question:

I just installed my Osiris maps this last week - definitely loving it, but it's made me curious about some things regarding the whole process of it all. I'm wondering 1) how much of a difference my first eTune will make over the initial maps I received and 2) how much of a difference there is between that eTune and what I would see if I just drove down to Austin and let the trained professionals work their magic. Any help? Any answers?

It's just something I've been curious about, because I'm going to be passing through Austin in 2 weeks, and the possibility of foregoing an eTune in favor of a dyno tune sort of piqued my interest. Is it worth the time/money?
The skinny:

The base tune you get when ordering Osiris Standard will be the tune we've created on our dyno with a car as similar in mods to your car as possible. Meaning if you have XYZ brand headers and we did a car with 123 brand headers instead for your model/year, then it should be fairly close. We may not have an exact match but reasonably close.

However, your car is going to be different in a number of minute ways. You may have 2% leak down, across all cylinders whereas the car we tuned may have had 5% leak down on one cylinder and 7% on the rest. Plus figure in the crank trigger sensor may be 1 degree off, and you may have a single fuel injector that flows 3% higher, etc. There will be differences between two cars no matter what.

The eTune will allow us to make sure your AFR's are reasonably safe, and will allow us to retard the ignition slightly if your car has detonation issues.

The best way to do it is to have a Dyno Tune. The data resolution is so much higher that way, and we get to see how the car is actually running in real time. We can make dozens of adjustments and also do multiple updates quickly. That will create the most accurate tune, and we can always do minor retunes later on the dyno if you add parts. Even the eTunes would be more accurate because of our initial data references.

If you're going to be coming down here, set up a dyno appointment and we'll make sure to get you taken care of. Also we can do our basic checks to make sure your car will maintain it's power an efficiency over time.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Good question. I know there e-tunes have no timing changes or so I have been told.
We can't advance timing in the eTune as it's too dangerous, but we can do minor timing retarding to compensate for detonation or even Nitrous tunes.

We generally try and keep away from timing in the eTune though if we can.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:36 PM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the explanation. That helps a lot.

Last edited by onagao; 03-02-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Hey UPREV, I was wondering if you have expanded your shop? Have yall gotten bigger? I was last there in 07 I think, and you didnt have the dyno yet..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 03-05-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev