Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:00 AM
SS21CA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uprev guys, please check out my Dyno results and let me know if it looks good or has room to squeeze more.

https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/4143...and-video.html

Took my car to HB Speed in SoCal and I think it went well, but I dont know much about tuning...

Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
kd07z

Originally Posted by UpRev
Osiris Tuner is available for the HR, but at this time we do not have all the HR ROMs patched. So confirm with us before ordering it that we have the ROM for our car patched.

Other companies will use a single ROM that they have tuned on multiple cars, we don't do it that way. We patch the individual ROMs so that you don't have problems that may not arise right away.
This means its still a work in progress. So can i buy osiris tuner without going to a pro tuner? can i use all the features or are some not ready yet (adjusting cam and ignition timing)? i have HFC and catback do you have a ROM for that?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:07 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got back in from UPREV in Austin, TX. WOW! What a day.

My car has officially woken up. The HFCs I got caused my car to lean out a bit too much. Remember my stock tune was 260hp back when I had it done, I forget the TQ off hand but high 220s.

My first dyno today was 265 and low 230s tq. After they adjusted my car for the cats, it went up to 273 hp and 245 tq on a hot car after running back to back dyno runs with no cool down. The car made a good amount of power from just the cats!

We had two other NISMO's like mine. One was stock, the other had a NISMO intake. Both dynoed identical to each other 254-255 hp, and 225~ tq for stock other than the intake on that one which did nothing other than screw up his A/F. He needs a tune. So comparing my car to theirs the same day, my car is making 20 hp more and around 25 more ft of tq over stock! And this is peak. It gained throughout the whole rpm range.

15% drivetrain loss this is around 346~ hp to the crank. I am happy. No dyno sheet yet till they email it to me. They had many other dyno runs to finish that day.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by kd07z
This means its still a work in progress. So can i buy osiris tuner without going to a pro tuner? can i use all the features or are some not ready yet (adjusting cam and ignition timing)? i have HFC and catback do you have a ROM for that?
All features are working. ROM has nothing to with with the parts you have, ROM is the software running on your ECU. There are multiple versions (and even emission updates to those versions) so we need to make sure we have the ROM for your car patched already. If not, then we can add your ROM to the queue and get you going shortly.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
I just got back in from UPREV in Austin, TX. WOW! What a day.

My car has officially woken up. The HFCs I got caused my car to lean out a bit too much. Remember my stock tune was 260hp back when I had it done, I forget the TQ off hand but high 220s.

My first dyno today was 265 and low 230s tq. After they adjusted my car for the cats, it went up to 273 hp and 245 tq on a hot car after running back to back dyno runs with no cool down. The car made a good amount of power from just the cats!

We had two other NISMO's like mine. One was stock, the other had a NISMO intake. Both dynoed identical to each other 254-255 hp, and 225~ tq for stock other than the intake on that one which did nothing other than screw up his A/F. He needs a tune. So comparing my car to theirs the same day, my car is making 20 hp more and around 25 more ft of tq over stock! And this is peak. It gained throughout the whole rpm range.

15% drivetrain loss this is around 346~ hp to the crank. I am happy. No dyno sheet yet till they email it to me. They had many other dyno runs to finish that day.

I'll get that sent to you shortly. Just got the raffle winners posted and e-mailed. Kevin, who won the Osiris with Dyno tune is here right now, he couldn't wait haha.

Those numbers look great on your car Russell, now lets see it at the track where it matters
Old 02-16-2009, 02:22 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Haha! Which one was Kevin? I am sure he will be happy.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 AM
VR3

Can some provide their review/thoughts on how the Osiris flash is holding up on an oem DE motor with TT w/400-450whp?

I have not been able to find many reviews. Too early still??

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by VR3
Can some provide their review/thoughts on how the Osiris flash is holding up on an oem DE motor with TT w/400-450whp?

I have not been able to find many reviews. Too early still??

Thanks!
I'll tell you right now an OEM DE motor with 400-450whp is going to be short lived no matter what you're using to tune it.

The DE is good for 350-400whp as long as you don't rev it beyond the OEM limit, and even then it's just a matter of time. The RevUp is far more durable and is usually good for 400-450whp as long as you keep it within the stock rev limit.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:48 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I'll tell you right now an OEM DE motor with 400-450whp is going to be short lived no matter what you're using to tune it.

The DE is good for 350-400whp as long as you don't rev it beyond the OEM limit, and even then it's just a matter of time. The RevUp is far more durable and is usually good for 400-450whp as long as you keep it within the stock rev limit.
Do you mean the HR not the REV-UP Richard? Rev-Up is basically the same motor as the 03-05 DE.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

The RevUp has redesigned, stronger rod bolts...
Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 PM
UpRev
Banned

Do you mean the HR not the REV-UP Richard? Rev-Up is basically the same motor as the 03-05 DE.
The DE has weaker rod bolts, and shorter ring lands. The rings shatter, or the piston cracks, the rods come flying off. It's just not pretty, plus most of the DE motors have more than a few miles on them at this point, and honestly who doesn't flog their cars. So overall it's not a good idea to try and hit hero power targets on the DE unless you plan on building yourself a new motor soon.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have limited mods but I am happy with where the car is at (5/16" plenum spacer, JWT pop charger, 3" exhaust (including y pipe). I pretty much sold myself on osiris for the increased throttle response and bumping the rev limiter up 500, but damn, I actually went to a Z tuner shop today who sold me off of the idea saying I wouldn't see anything impressive from a dyno/tune with osiris or any other management system for the matter. he did mention if i was looking to squeeze every last ounce of power out of it, it would help, but really discouraged it being done for the cost.

he was telling me for a street car with limited mods I shouldn't expect to see more then a minor hp gain, minor torque gain. didn't bother asking for anticipated gains because I already kinda expected it to be under 10hp/tq

I know it wasn't going to work wonders or anything but I would have thought a tuner would further sell me on the idea, if anything a very honest shop at least.. definitely sold me on service, took a good 10 mins to answer questions of mine.

I am confused, I've talked to other N/A folks who say its night and day difference after you get this or any other similar ecu flash done.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:01 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Entaille
I have limited mods but I am happy with where the car is at (5/16" plenum spacer, JWT pop charger, 3" exhaust (including y pipe). I pretty much sold myself on osiris for the increased throttle response and bumping the rev limiter up 500, but damn, I actually went to a Z tuner shop today who sold me off of the idea saying I wouldn't see anything impressive from a dyno/tune with osiris or any other management system for the matter. he did mention if i was looking to squeeze every last ounce of power out of it, it would help, but really discouraged it being done for the cost.

he was telling me for a street car with limited mods I shouldn't expect to see more then a minor hp gain, minor torque gain. didn't bother asking for anticipated gains because I already kinda expected it to be under 10hp/tq

I know it wasn't going to work wonders or anything but I would have thought a tuner would further sell me on the idea, if anything a very honest shop at least.. definitely sold me on service, took a good 10 mins to answer questions of mine.

I am confused, I've talked to other N/A folks who say its night and day difference after you get this or any other similar ecu flash done.
Not that I'm selling my own system here. That tuner doesn't have the first clue as to what he is talking about.

Would he rather sell you an exhaust for $900 that you pick up 8hp with? Funny that you'd pick up more power for $700 using our product, and you'd know for certain that your AFR is correct.

Honestly I don't care if you name the shop, but I wouldn't take my car back to that place. If you really want some dead honest answers give me a call and I'll explain things and give you answers to your questions any day. I don't know every thing, but I have a fairly decent clue about most things, and or what it's worth i'll actually explain the reasons why I give the answers that I do rather than just give you answers. Ask anyone who calls here about how detailed I can be.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I could have sworn i read DE's came with pretty shoddy tunes, and youve added quite a bit of mods, wouldnt that make the tune even more valuable. Dunno why the shop would tell you that.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:21 PM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Video Review?

Has anyone done a video review of the Osiris? The reason I ask is that I have yet to see one, and since mine was ordered earlier this week, I'm thinking of doing one myself for the sake of the community. I'm by no means a tuning expert, but I feel that might provide a valuable perspective for Z/G owners in a similar situation.

So, if someone else has done one already, I won't waste my time. Otherwise, I'll do a full review covering installation, as well as before/after results - both quantitative (dyno) and qualitative (personal opinion). What do you guys think?

Last edited by onagao; 02-18-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

do you have an email I could contact you at? PM it to me if so please or shoot me a quick message @ nproul@hotmail.com

would like to hear from you and shoot you a few questions. I much prefer email so I have it in text and can refer back to it.. this would be totally at your convenience. it's a lot easier for me to take in info if I can read it a few times rather then one conversation on the phone : )

Last edited by Entaille; 02-18-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:51 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Not that I'm selling my own system here. That tuner doesn't have the first clue as to what he is talking about.

Would he rather sell you an exhaust for $900 that you pick up 8hp with? Funny that you'd pick up more power for $700 using our product, and you'd know for certain that your AFR is correct.

Honestly I don't care if you name the shop, but I wouldn't take my car back to that place. If you really want some dead honest answers give me a call and I'll explain things and give you answers to your questions any day. I don't know every thing, but I have a fairly decent clue about most things, and or what it's worth i'll actually explain the reasons why I give the answers that I do rather than just give you answers. Ask anyone who calls here about how detailed I can be.
X2. Rich is very knowledgeable in this area. Definitely give him a call.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by onagao
Has anyone done a video review of the Osiris? The reason I ask is that I have yet to see one, and since mine was ordered earlier this week, I'm thinking of doing one myself for the sake of the community. I'm by no means a tuning expert, but I feel that might provide a valuable perspective for Z/G owners in a similar situation.

So, if someone else has done one already, I won't waste my time. Otherwise, I'll do a full review covering installation, as well as before/after results - both quantitative (dyno) and qualitative (personal opinion). What do you guys think?
Video review? Why would you need something like that? They have a video on their website on how the software works. Have you looked?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:09 PM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Video review? Why would you need something like that? They have a video on their website on how the software works. Have you looked?
Yeah, I watched it a couple of times. It's a video of installation and testing of that sort. I was speaking more along the lines of showing and reviewing the whole process - from basic installation, to Cipher data collection, to eTuning, to power/performance gains. It would be a review - not a tutorial.

I mean, if nobody would get anything out of it, then I won't bother. I'm just looking to help out people either sitting on the fence or just interested in what to expect.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:18 PM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by onagao
Yeah, I watched it a couple of times. It's a video of installation and testing of that sort. I was speaking more along the lines of showing and reviewing the whole process - from basic installation, to Cipher data collection, to eTuning, to power/performance gains. It would be a review - not a tutorial.

I mean, if nobody would get anything out of it, then I won't bother. I'm just looking to help out people either sitting on the fence or just interested in what to expect.
Another one of our plans. We're working on a ton of things. If you know what the site looked like a year ago you'd understand we've done a complete change. Part of the upgrades are a wiki and forum along with other support and marketing tools like videos.

All of them are being worked on.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev