Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

UPREV- thought it would be that simple...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013 | 01:05 PM
Eno

Default UPREV- thought it would be that simple...

Eh guys.

Long story short I finally had a chance during a 1000km highway drive to dial in my tune a bit. I thought it would be as easy heading to the compensation tables and dialing it down from there.

MOST of the tune up to 110kph is pretty solid- and WOT is nice and steady around 11.5-12. But the second I go over 110 AFR drops to 10-12 even while cruising. Figured the solution was simple- go there and adjust fuel up or down as necessary.

As I went into various blocks to adjust I found that nothing happened.

I went over to that tuning 101 thread from sparkle and read a lot- but I noticed most of the info was about starting from scratch.

I had the PDF guides open but as explained in other threads they sort of tell you what to do but not really how to do it.

I've had some guys from my old shop street tune with me- but I was driving and never really had a chance to learn and really capture what they were doing... But I know I'm probably going to have to find someone around here (Calgary) to walk me through it again.

Unless I'm really just missing something stupid-

I have it set up to trace fuel x and y during the real time tuning but that's it. It doesn't let me run both cipher and Osiris so though I'd like to see the virtual gauges (especially AFR) I need to watch it on the A pillar then look down to which block I need to adjust.

Suffice to say I never flashed the ecu with my settings- I just turned the car off and on to clear the changes.

When you guys go to dial in your cruising settings- how do you do it?
Old 07-17-2013 | 01:42 PM
djamps

Do you have anti-foulers on your lower (downstream) o2 sensors? I had bad AFR creep at cruising speeds (part/low throttle) until I placed them directly in the exhaust stream.

That said I'm not quite understanding what you're talking about... above 110 km/h? Part or full throttle?

Remember the target map really only works in closed loop (part throttle). MAF and compensation tables (in that order) are used to make the calculations.

You might try running your cruising logs thru the online MAF tool referenced in the tuning 101.

Last edited by djamps; 07-17-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-17-2013 | 02:57 PM
Eno

Anti foulers like the j bungs? I'm quite certain they were mounted directly- as per your suggestion some time ago actually.

At basically part throttle (maintaining speed) the AFRs go straight to pig rich right at 110kph. Perhaps it's the MAF table I was overlooking while making the adjustments.

I'll check to see the status of the logs- the functions I had turned on for the real time tuning and logging were minimal ( just trace) while my other logging function seems to have been logging automatically whenever the cable was plugged in (I guess that is a setting after all).

I'm not near the car and don't have the cable with me but do have the logs. I'll check out that tool and see where I end up. Thanks dj.
Old 07-18-2013 | 03:34 PM
Eno

Whoops- I'm an idiot- I need the cable to muck about with the logs. I guess I wait a week and try again!
Old 08-22-2013 | 01:44 PM
Eno

Okay... finally had a chance to go out with the computer hooked up and get some logs in. I've grabbed the graphing tool but djamps for the life of me I've been going through that 101 page and all I can find is an upload page on that link that you provided.

I do have the logs... and enabled the logging required to submit to Uprev for an E-tune... now then- where do I go from here?

Whooops- Disregard. Found it in your specific thread. Got to the upload page and then realized that was to upload the log into.

Last edited by Eno; 08-22-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2013 | 11:23 AM
Eno

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's some data- but I noticed a bunch of 0s... from the other uprev 101 thread I think it's because I don't have compensation values in the log parameters... is it necessary?
Old 08-24-2013 | 11:29 AM
Eno

What I'm seeing here as a potential issue is that at 2.34 it looks like my target is 12.8 as well as a couple other little variations throughout... Correct me if I'm wrong but if what I'm reading in the 101 thread is correct this might be the best place to smooth out my fuel issue?
Old 08-24-2013 | 12:04 PM
VQ35er

Those wideband correction values are not right...

here is a sample of one of my logs with the dual widebands...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-a...0/djsample.png

Sample data file attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip
CIPHER_8-9-2013_6-43-37_PM.zip (296.2 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by VQ35er; 08-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-24-2013 | 12:22 PM
djamps

Eno, Make sure to set your TPS minimum to at least 1V to filter out on/off throttle transients like VQ35er did.
Old 08-25-2013 | 11:26 AM
Eno

I thought I inputted them the way I saw them in your example but maybe I missed one. I'll try again and post back.
Old 08-25-2013 | 12:16 PM
Eno

Here's the recalc with the proper settings. I'm trying to upload the log and my ROM file from the tune but it's too large. I'll put it on my g-drive here...:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8Me...it?usp=sharing

I guess what I need to know- or what I'd like to know anyway is where to go from here. Which aspects of the tune may look like they need some polishing?

Will I be able to do this just via the MAF table? Are there noticeable gaps I need to touch up? Any explanation whatsoever for the AFR to be dropping to the 12s or lower at 110kph / 2900-3000 rpm?
Attached Thumbnails UPREV- thought it would be that simple...-djamps-maf-3.jpg   UPREV- thought it would be that simple...-djamps-maf-4.jpg  

Last edited by Eno; 08-25-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-06-2013 | 05:40 PM
T_K

The fuel compensation table is messed up. Most of the values in there should be between 95-105.
Old 09-09-2013 | 08:11 AM
Eno

I realized after I didn't have the correction values chosen in the log settings...
Old 01-22-2014 | 05:14 PM
norris_83

One problem I seem to find with Uprev is that you can't actually control COT Protection. That's the added fuel that helps not to burn up the cat convertors which is triggered by EGTs.

If your front 02 sensors are fine, then your closed loop should be perfect.
Old 05-20-2014 | 02:56 PM
Eno

Going to give this one last try... at least to see if anyone can help identify why it is that as soon as I hit ~2600rpm my AFRs go into the 10s-11s while cruising... just humming along on the highway.

I have uploaded the csv file into djamps tool (um that sounds weird) but I'm a little rusty on sourcing out exactly what information I'm looking at. The car has been in the garage pretty much since I first posted here so I haven't been monkeying around with it.

Anyway... I'd like to see if it's something wrong or maybe just the sensor needs to be calibrated again... however it would seem strange since at almost all other speeds / throttles the readings are more within normal parameters.

If someone who knows what they're talking about could take a peak for me I'd really appreciate it.

Logs from today are attached.

Whooops. Of course csv files are invalid. Anyone who would take a look just drop me a line and I'll send them to you via email.

Thanks guys.

Here's a look at my djamps tool inputs...

Old 06-02-2014 | 05:25 PM
Eno

Okay! Well, I went to Lightspeed Innovations in Red Deer, Alberta and Cam Koole came for a ride with me and smoothed out the hole that existed.

We took a quick spin around and I explained to him that it seemed to happen around 2600rpm... in 5th gear at 110kph or so. He had me do a quick rip around in 2nd gear to see if we could replicate, and we could. He did some magic on Cipher / Osiris (whatever)... and flashed my ECU. We went for a spin in 2nd- piglet AFR was gone. Went out on the highway... 110... 120...130... gone!

Fricken finally! After a year... it's like I have a new car- and one that can drive over 110kph!

Kudos to Cam at Lightspeed for getting it figured out!

Last edited by Eno; 06-02-2014 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2014 | 04:36 PM
Uprevtuning

Default how do I upload to the tool?

Originally Posted by Eno
Okay... finally had a chance to go out with the computer hooked up and get some logs in. I've grabbed the graphing tool but djamps for the life of me I've been going through that 101 page and all I can find is an upload page on that link that you provided.

I do have the logs... and enabled the logging required to submit to Uprev for an E-tune... now then- where do I go from here?

Whooops- Disregard. Found it in your specific thread. Got to the upload page and then realized that was to upload the log into.
How do I upload.