Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

309hp & 257.1 ft. lbs. Intake, Test Pipes, Emanage Blue - Dyno Plots Inside (Dynapac

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Peak350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mentioned the Utec harness was "in the works."

Just curious as I'm tempted to pull the trigger on an e-manage; is there a "rough" ETA on that? If we're only talking 2-3 months I'd rather wait and not swiss cheese something on my car (I'd also like ignition timing control in case I run nitrous later), and the Utec would be a better option, but if I have to hardwire I could start with the fuel on the e-manage and play with spark timing later.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
jcleary47

So basically, with the e-manage reflash, how does it work?

I know from the Technosquare thread, you send in your chip to be re-flashed.

Is it the same deal with the e-manage, or is it something you purchase and bring someplace to be setup and tuned?

This is all new to me.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:01 PM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by Peak350
You mentioned the Utec harness was "in the works."

Just curious as I'm tempted to pull the trigger on an e-manage; is there a "rough" ETA on that? If we're only talking 2-3 months I'd rather wait and not swiss cheese something on my car (I'd also like ignition timing control in case I run nitrous later), and the Utec would be a better option, but if I have to hardwire I could start with the fuel on the e-manage and play with spark timing later.
Man.. Emanage install was way simple. I am with you I didn't want to hack the hell out of my harness for this.

Simple Diagram:
Wire Action ECU Pin NOTE
RED TAP 53
BLACK Chassis Ground
BROWN TAP
GREEN INTERCEPT OUT 77/79 TO ECU COMBINE PIN 77 & 79
WHITE INTERCEPT IN 77 IN FROM ENGINE BAY
YELLOW INTERCEPT IN 79 IN FROM ENGINE BAY
Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 PM
itsjiggajames

Originally Posted by BlackTuner
Man.. Emanage install was way simple. I am with you I didn't want to hack the hell out of my harness for this.

Simple Diagram:
Wire Action ECU Pin NOTE
RED TAP 53
BLACK Chassis Ground
BROWN TAP
I'm going to get this done soon at GTM.. but is there anyway to extract even more power out? Or did you max everything out?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Peak350

Simple Diagram:
Wire Action ECU Pin NOTE
RED TAP 53
BLACK Chassis Ground
BROWN TAP
Sweet, exactly what I needed.

Now my already near empty bank account will hate you though.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:23 PM
New JerZ

emanage install and tune setup for 2nd week of may. Dyno sheets will be posted immediatly.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:39 AM
itsjiggajames

nevermind, apparently it costs roughly 600 for a tune. also need to purchase an emanage, better off going through technosquare .. All i wanted was a a/f tune.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:11 AM
New JerZ

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
nevermind, apparently it costs roughly 600 for a tune. also need to purchase an emanage, better off going through technosquare .. All i wanted was a a/f tune.
600???? Where?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:32 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by New JerZ
600???? Where?
Probably GTM as he is in Rancho Cucamunga... did I spell that right?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:33 AM
New JerZ

is that a pretty standard price for a basic tune?
Old 04-30-2008, 06:58 AM
Peak350

Depends how involved the tune is.

Some shops charge by the hour, some have a flat fee plus hourly.

I've got 3 shops I would take my car to (fairly locally) and 2 charge hourly, the 3rd (PF) I have no idea.

One would charge me flat $120 per hour, but is in south Miami. The second is local and would charge I think $150 an hour.

Both have mustang dynos so the tune would be load based....that said, I'd rather have PF tune the car even if its $150 more.

Edit - and it could take 1 hour to finish the tune, or it could take 5, depends on the quality of the tuner, their familiarity with the EMS, and how complex you want to get with stuff (there are a ton of maps).

My friends twin screw system spent 2 weeks on a dyno 14 hours a day 7 days a week, another car spent a week on the dyno (same setup) and they improved the partial throttle considerably. FI can be a whole different ballgame.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:47 AM
BlackTuner

Depends how involved the tune is.

Some shops charge by the hour, some have a flat fee plus hourly.

I've got 3 shops I would take my car to (fairly locally) and 2 charge hourly, the 3rd (PF) I have no idea.

One would charge me flat $120 per hour, but is in south Miami. The second is local and would charge I think $150 an hour.

Both have mustang dynos so the tune would be load based....that said, I'd rather have PF tune the car even if its $150 more.

Edit - and it could take 1 hour to finish the tune, or it could take 5, depends on the quality of the tuner, their familiarity with the EMS, and how complex you want to get with stuff (there are a ton of maps).

My friends twin screw system spent 2 weeks on a dyno 14 hours a day 7 days a week, another car spent a week on the dyno (same setup) and they improved the partial throttle considerably. FI can be a whole different ballgame.
My install was fuel only. I didn't want to hack the ignition harness or injector harness. Could I have gained power by advancing the timing maybe...? I'm not really worried about it... So fuel only, would be a 2 hour tops deal.

I would post my map but I know due to my intake design and maf housing height it will not be ideal for you guys unless you have the same intake.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 AM
itsjiggajames

Probably GTM as he is in Rancho Cucamunga... did I spell that right?
Yes thats the place, they are reputable, but I guess really pricey. 600 for tune, and 105/hour on top of that to install the emanage, which they said will take the longest.. so they said im looking at roughly 1000$ for tune, and they said it is not worth it, and might as well get a Vpro. I wanted a budget tune because i'm NA, so I guess technosquare it is.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:12 AM
BlackTuner

Yes thats the place, they are reputable, but I guess really pricey. 600 for tune, and 105/hour on top of that to install the emanage, which they said will take the longest.. so they said im looking at roughly 1000$ for tune, and they said it is not worth it, and might as well get a Vpro. I wanted a budget tune because i'm NA, so I guess technosquare it is.
For a $1000 I'd fly out install and tune it for that much. I think they are just booked and didn't want to be bothered.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 AM
itsjiggajames

For a $1000 I'd fly out install and tune it for that much. I think they are just booked and didn't want to be bothered.
Probably. With all them turbo installs, who wants to deal with a HR emanage install..

I'd be at your shop already if possible.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:49 PM
hawaiianZ

i have a greddy emanage ult, brand new. never used. its the problem free version, the one with the loose chip is resolved. 450.00 OBO or 550.00 with universal harness, and greddy pressure sensor, and harness all new. having problems posting, emailing pics files to big zip. rar. LMK
Old 04-30-2008, 04:55 PM
chinny

I just got me a GReddy E-Manage Blue for so cheap off my buddy, and the best thing he only used it once in his eclipse! I cant belive i got this deal Im going to slap the puppy on when i install my catback/test pipes see what i can do with it, hopefully a 125 shot is coming soon!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Peak350

Probably. With all them turbo installs, who wants to deal with a HR emanage install..

I'd be at your shop already if possible.
Yeah, I'd tend to agree. But even if you installed it they were going to charge $600 for 2 hours worth of work. I'll be 3 or 4 weeks before I'll have the time (or realistically speaking money) to swing it all, but if I end up getting one installed and tuned I'll see if PF (who I'd like to tune if) would share/sell the map to you. Its not really fair for me to sell/give it away since they are doing the work (even though I'm paying for it, they profit from knowledge and I'm not paying to learn).

But you could at least get an idea of where to start with. I don't imagine it would be that hard to just tune WOT fuel trims back a hair.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:31 PM
itsjiggajames

Yeah, I'd tend to agree. But even if you installed it they were going to charge $600 for 2 hours worth of work. I'll be 3 or 4 weeks before I'll have the time (or realistically speaking money) to swing it all, but if I end up getting one installed and tuned I'll see if PF (who I'd like to tune if) would share/sell the map to you. Its not really fair for me to sell/give it away since they are doing the work (even though I'm paying for it, they profit from knowledge and I'm not paying to learn).

But you could at least get an idea of where to start with. I don't imagine it would be that hard to just tune WOT fuel trims back a hair.
thanks man. let me know
Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Peak350

thanks man. let me know
He pointed out the ECU might just adapt around it.

I'm assuming (I'll look it up tomorrow) the ECU is running in open loop mode when no fault codes are present and has a closed loop "backup" or "limp" mode.

In open loop- if I change the MAF reading with an e-manage, how long before the LTFT (long term fuel trim) just adapts because the O2 sensor sees the wrong value? There will be a limit to adaptation, but it would be nice to be able to just change the targets like with an Fcon.

Quick Reply: 309hp & 257.1 ft. lbs. Intake, Test Pipes, Emanage Blue - Dyno Plots Inside (Dynapac