Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Someone is working on an intake manifold for us

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 04:41 PM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is another pic of the Intake. Just so everyone knows this will be a bolt on affair.
Attached Thumbnails Someone is working on an intake manifold for us-350z-intake2.jpg  
Old 04-15-2010, 06:20 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S&R Performance
Here is another pic of the Intake. Just so everyone knows this will be a bolt on affair.
Strictly an engineering question, but was it not feasible to take a more direct approach into the chamber rather than the "DE Style" > 90 degree elbow?

Does the design retain the same shape/length of the OEM runners? Same/similar volume of manifold chamber?

On an somewhat related note: Is it possible using tuning software e.g. UpRev, to get the HR to run on 2 DE TBs? Depending on the answer to this question, is it in the realm of possibility to design the manifold for the DE sized throttle, using an adapter/reducer to mount the OEM HR TBs?

These are just some ideas I've had floating around, since the SG test. If this thing really can be optimized for NA, with the strength for high pressure, it really can be the end-all solution for the HR, with the addition of a slightly different bolt pattern casting for the VHR.

Last edited by T_K; 04-15-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:37 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks pretty good in there. I would like to see a bit more of a "horn" setup in there.

In reference to TK. I'm assuming the longer runners are to bring the tq up for better driveability.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
nismomike

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pardon the noob question, but how would the factory and/or aftermarket intakes hook up to those throttle body inlets? Would the N/A applications have a curve so that the intakes can connect to them? Obviously, the TB's are more to the side and not straight forward like the new design is?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:59 AM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Well, since it is still in the modeling phase, it is far from done. The manifold is actually being designed with stock TB in mind, so that all aftermarket intakes, etc would still fit.

i do, however, like the idea of setting the flange size to accept DE TB's with a machines reducer for HR TB's to those who still run them. I'm sure ill see the guy today thats modeling this and bring it up to him

-Taylor Durdan of S&R
Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 AM
jblz

I like the look. It is sort-of reminiscent of the R35 look. As for performance...im in for testing
Old 04-17-2010, 08:47 PM
T_K

Well, since it is still in the modeling phase, it is far from done. The manifold is actually being designed with stock TB in mind, so that all aftermarket intakes, etc would still fit.

i do, however, like the idea of setting the flange size to accept DE TB's with a machines reducer for HR TB's to those who still run them. I'm sure ill see the guy today thats modeling this and bring it up to him

-Taylor Durdan of S&R
Based on that feature alone, I'd buy if it made the same power as stock.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:08 AM
J. Dub

I would like 1 of these as well. Even if the gains were minimal.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Peak350

Have you guys run any pressure modeling on these? I've seen some manifolds of similar design and depending on the firing order the "end" entrance plenums can benefit from a front balance tube, a baffle, or some other pressure modifying device.

Consider that each runner creates a low pressure zone at its firing time, and as air flows past the TB it will be a pulsed fashion. If the front cylinders airflow has to pass through a rear cylinders low pressure zone, it may have a lower VE.

I seem to remember reading of a few engines dropping the same valve, could be a heat issue related to localized lean burn (which could also be related to the overly rich stock tune Nissan ran).
Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by Peak350
Have you guys run any pressure modeling on these? I've seen some manifolds of similar design and depending on the firing order the "end" entrance plenums can benefit from a front balance tube, a baffle, or some other pressure modifying device.

Consider that each runner creates a low pressure zone at its firing time, and as air flows past the TB it will be a pulsed fashion. If the front cylinders airflow has to pass through a rear cylinders low pressure zone, it may have a lower VE.

I seem to remember reading of a few engines dropping the same valve, could be a heat issue related to localized lean burn (which could also be related to the overly rich stock tune Nissan ran).
It will have a balance tube. No worries, this is being professionally designed by someone that knows what they are doing and knows way more than we will probably ever know

We are expecting the first prototype by the end of this week or early next week!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:09 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by GAMERMODZoCOM
It will have a balance tube. No worries, this is being professionally designed by someone that knows what they are doing and knows way more than we will probably ever know

We are expecting the first prototype by the end of this week or early next week!
Old 04-22-2010, 03:10 AM
blue350zed

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I may have missed this part, but will a strut tower bar still be able to fit, or will that no longer be an option?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:39 AM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by blue350zed
I may have missed this part, but will a strut tower bar still be able to fit, or will that no longer be an option?
x2... Subscribed to know the same thing.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 AM
jblz

Im pretty sure it will. GamerModz is building this with resale in mind.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:48 AM
S&R Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

This intake will work with the factory brace.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:02 AM
J. Dub

This intake will work with the factory brace.
When/where do I go, to pre-order? I recall earlier these may be produced for both DE and HR engines. Which one will be ready first?

Last edited by J. Dub; 04-22-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Lakeside

-Taylor Durdan of S&R

There was no mention of them producing a DE manifold. Only allowing the larger DE TB's to work on their HR intake manifold.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
J. Dub

O... Reading slower, owns me.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:38 PM
J. Dub

Found some others:

Attached Thumbnails Someone is working on an intake manifold for us-ssr_manifold_2.jpg  

Last edited by J. Dub; 04-22-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

I love that yellow Z's!!!

Quick Reply: Someone is working on an intake manifold for us