Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Expensive wheels = more expense & frustration. Not getting the "wheel-thing"

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007 | 09:28 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697
Premier Member

Originally Posted by myZter
notice how the rims are useless now.. just threw away some money right there.

dont race with nice wheels
Yeah let's go out there and race with ROTAS....so they'll be shattered in pieces instead. If you ask me the wheels play a HUGE roll in the guy walking away safely.
Old 08-26-2007 | 05:07 AM
QdotJ

One of the many problems with threads like this, is that they are full of opinions and not many facts.

Either buy them or don't - simple enough.

The thing I really don't understand is the constant desire to criticize, and **** on others for their choice. No matter the reason behind the choice, who are we/ you to make someone feel like they committed mortal sin because of it?
Old 08-26-2007 | 11:00 AM
Zexy

Just spend the dough on a wheel that is known for quality..

If you decide some ghey altezza tailights. Fine. But i'd like to know my wheels are made with quality process. Doesn't it irk people to drive around in a POS china made wheel? Ughhh... I'd rather stay with OEM nissan made quality over the POS china wheel.
Old 08-26-2007 | 02:00 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Zexy
Just spend the dough on a wheel that is known for quality..

If you decide some ghey altezza tailights. Fine. But i'd like to know my wheels are made with quality process. Doesn't it irk people to drive around in a POS china made wheel? Ughhh... I'd rather stay with OEM nissan made quality over the POS china wheel.
I completely agree! When you doubt, go with OEM! I have nothing against OEM wheels but I do have a problem with Zs rolling on low quality, mass made, pos such as "American" Racing wheels...which there is nothing american about - they're all made in China anyway.
Old 08-27-2007 | 10:41 AM
soleil
NolaZcc
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rexy7
totally hawtness
thanks bro...
Old 08-27-2007 | 11:36 AM
twenzel

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Yeah let's go out there and race with ROTAS....so they'll be shattered in pieces instead. If you ask me the wheels play a HUGE roll in the guy walking away safely.

A rim does NOTHING, with out a tire on it. That work wheel is worth as much as a shattered rota in that condition. Believe me, those Work wheels had nothing to do with that guy walking away. I would say its due to the strong chassis of the Z, and a lot of luck.
Old 08-27-2007 | 02:16 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I completely agree! When you doubt, go with OEM! I have nothing against OEM wheels but I do have a problem with Zs rolling on low quality, mass made, pos such as "American" Racing wheels...which there is nothing american about - they're all made in China anyway.
not for nothing but you've got a lot of learning to do

American Racing is one of the world largest OEM manufacturer of wheels.....

Almost everything is made somewhere in the far east nowadays, or a component of that item is.

Qdotj might have the only truly intelligent post in this entire thread, unfortunately

To the OP - as you can guess, people buy wheels for the same reason people buy anything else that they don't need beyond basic survival - because they want it. Now, you might question the reason why they want it, and I guess that's fine to do as a bit of introspectiion (or, as a study of the human condition), but then again, one could begin to question anything that we spend $ on, including a Z in and of itself. Some people buy them to show off to others, some people buy them as an extension of self expression (to separate their car from the one they might pull up to at a traffic light), some buy them for some performance aspect.
Old 08-27-2007 | 05:21 PM
jjellyneck

Well, we all know people who understand neither art nor functionality. The question of being worth it is always a personal financial factor.
Old 08-27-2007 | 05:30 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by jjellyneck
Well, we all know people who understand neither art nor functionality. The question of being worth it is always a personal financial factor.
Very wise statement... we do what we do for a lot of reasons that may not be understood by others, or even by us.

--Spike
Old 08-27-2007 | 11:57 PM
medic165

I was looking at my Z from behind, and it looks bad a$$, wide look, sporty, then i try looking at the OEM 18"s i have on from behind and wanted to cry .
I think the OEM's 18's from 03 to 07 look really nice when looking from the side, but look at them from behind and it's not fair having skinny,whimpy tiny wheeny rear tires. Having wide set up, makes the Z look like it has 500hp.
Old 09-05-2007 | 09:28 AM
QdotJ

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
not for nothing but you've got a lot of learning to do

American Racing is one of the world largest OEM manufacturer of wheels.....

Almost everything is made somewhere in the far east nowadays, or a component of that item is.

Qdotj might have the only truly intelligent post in this entire thread, unfortunately

To the OP - as you can guess, people buy wheels for the same reason people buy anything else that they don't need beyond basic survival - because they want it. Now, you might question the reason why they want it, and I guess that's fine to do as a bit of introspectiion (or, as a study of the human condition), but then again, one could begin to question anything that we spend $ on, including a Z in and of itself. Some people buy them to show off to others, some people buy them as an extension of self expression (to separate their car from the one they might pull up to at a traffic light), some buy them for some performance aspect.
Thanks, I think..lol, but seriously should all of us start threads about what we dislike and almost castrate other forum members for their choice?

I remember one of my first posts was about something very similar and boy did I get an ear(eye) full... After going over what everyone said (the logical responses actually) I definately understood where they where some of them were coming from.

At the end of the day, who really cares what "YOU" don't like?? Not to say that opinions and voicing them should be "banned" Sometimes we just go a little overboard with our rationalizations for things.

Believe it or not, there are not that many Z's with "expensive" aftermarket accessories. We are simply in a concentrated area full of enthusiasts that only make up only a fraction of the demographic; even we having varying tastes.

At the end of the day you only have to answer to yourself, your wife, or to whom you worship... (sometimes the lines between the latter two are blurred...lol )
Old 09-06-2007 | 05:07 PM
highflyinkilla

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
I've never "got it" on why people trade out stock rims.

Personally, I don't think I've ever seen a set that looks better than OEM rims.

I guess people just want to "customize" their car and wheels is easy way.

Not knocking anyone; only stating an opinion. To each their own on sports cars.
So you like those ugly *** 17 in Camry rims that came stock on the 03s and 04s better than a nice set of Volks?