Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Turned off from the Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 08:15 PM
futuredeadguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO Zs are made in Smyrna. 2 of our club members work at the Smyrna plant. We'd be the first to know if this were the case. Your saleperson is either misinformed or was willingly lying to you.

Smyrna builds Xterras, Frontiers, Altimas and they are just finishing up their trial run of 2003 Maximas. No Zs!

BTW, this plant is awesome! They offer tours. If you are ever in the area, GO THERE! You'll be glad you did.

Dead

Last edited by futuredeadguy; 11-23-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-23-2002, 10:34 PM
Them Bones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: In defense of dealers

Originally posted by futuredeadguy
The logic is that the hype surrounding the 350, combined with the THOUSANDS of fans who have owned the older cars and have beaten a path to the dealers' doors makes the Z a MUCH more high demand car than the Infiniti. I don't know if there is a MyG35Coupe.com, but I doubt it. The interest is not as high in the Infiniti, and YOU know it. There are fewer Infinitis you say. That's probably true, but there sure are a LOT more of them available than Zs - at least in my locale.

Not sure why you chose the Civic Si to make your point about my comment about doctors and lawyers wasting my time. It weakens your argument.

1. There are several G35 boards, and at least two that I've seen are very active.

2. My Civic Si comment was in reference to YOUR second paragraph. If para two and three were not related, I apologize for misunderstanding you.

3. I know the Z is popular, but my local dealers have become jaded. There really is no excuse for their behavior. The first time I saw a Z in person was at a local dealer. Someone was looking at it and all of the doors were open. The customer was walking away as I approached the car. The sales guy saw me coming, closed all of the doors, locked the car, and walked away. Rude! I went inside and asked about the car. I was told that it was a cancelled pre-order and the price was MSRP + $4000. They would not be getting that from me. The guy inside finally unlocked the car so I could look at it. I have been back to a couple local dealers a few times and the treatment has been bad every time. I am not a kid looking for a joyride. I have never had to try so hard to spend $35K in my life.

Oh yea, at one of my more recent dealer visits, I asked about a test drive. The sales guy said maybe this time next year. He then proceeded to tell me that someone bought a Z for $90K sight unseen. I said "you're talking about the E-bay auction of VIN #1 for charity, right?" He was speechless because I knew the truth. Moron.

Anyway, I'm happy for those of you who are happy. I just wish a dealer would put forth a little effort to get me in a Z. I would still consider the attitudes I've seen poor if they were GIVING the car away.

-TB