Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 09:20 PM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolverineut
DayBlueZ, question for you. When you had to use a gun in self-defense, was it a gun that was in your car?

Also, people, let me give clarification on my standpoint. Let's say you are driving along, and you somehow **** someone off, just like what happened in the original post on this thread. Now, this person that just got pissed off, comes up to your car with a crowbar and starts hitting your windows with it. You have a gun, and decide to pull it out and point it at him, just to warn him off. He then goes back to his car, THE HOT-HEAD, grabs his gun, and starts walking back. What are you going to do? Shoot him or drive off? I would drive off. Oh, wait, that is what he did in the first place isn't it? So, he did not even need a gun, did he. But, if he would have had a gun, he may have chosen the path of pulling it out and shooting him instead.

Again, I do not think you need a gun, in your car. You can always just drive off. Do I think there may be good reason to have a gun in your house? Yes.
My "reality scalpal" is bloody but still sharp, would you like me to disect yet another scenario of yours?
Old 11-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Gryphin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have a gun in the car... but i do have one of these in my room...
Old 11-16-2005, 09:32 PM
kalima275Z

Originally Posted by DayBlueZ
I have drawn my weapon 3 times. Once at East Lake park, when confronted by 4 or more guys wanting to have a little fun with my GF.
So was it four...or more? I don't want to come across as a d!ck (but I'm sure I have before), but if you don't know a basic factor like the amount of people you are accusing to have caused you to draw your pistol, you should try harder at attaining a little more situational awareness. Believe it or not (mind you, I'm no lawyer), a statement like that could proove you to be obviously unaware to make a reasonable assessment of the so called threatening environment. Thus creating a situation where you forfeit your right to attest to having beyond a reasonable doubt of iminent danger to your life or your GF's. So what? The so what is, of course it's an iminent threat, if what you say is true, but not knowing exactly how many guys were providing this threat may look bad on your behalf. If the number was reasonably higher then it would be reasonably more difficult to have that required of you to determine in say....court. However, just that statement alone, stated in that matter with 4....but not exactly 4, just so happens it's more...how much more? 8 more, 9 more. What were you thinking when you drew your pistol? Why didn't you attempt to flee? How did you know their intent? blah blah blah blah. Get it? Probably not, because I have been a fuctard all day, but anyway, it's something to think about, the next time you go a packin' heat, in the park, with you GF, amongst 4 (or more) dudes with intent to have "some fun" with your GF.

edit: typo fix in bold

Last edited by kalima275Z; 11-16-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:35 PM
kalima275Z

Originally Posted by Gryphin
I dont have a gun in the car... but i do have one of these in my room...
Speaking of guns in rooms, I am selling one that is in my house here it is and read it while you can, b/c I'm sure it'll get the boot to the classy ads section. Sorry Mod's!!! It's sorta on-topic.... in a twisted-entrepreneur/gun kinda way.
Attached Thumbnails Do you carry a gun in your Z?-tiny.jpg  
Old 11-17-2005, 02:44 AM
DayBlueZ

When i say 4 or more i mean that 4 approached while several stood by around their vehicles watching. All within a 15-20 foot radius. People that close that are associated with the attackers can easily become part of the incident. There was a main talker and a bunch of side talkers. If i had NOT difused the situation it would have been more than 4
That isn't going to matter in court. Often in a stressful situation, numbers of attackers, shots fired, people hit are way off.

Last edited by DayBlueZ; 11-17-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:51 AM
paulsmansfield

They have a gun so you have a gun, they think you have a gun so they shoot you or you think they have a gun so you shoot them or you have a gun and so you antagonise a situation to a point where you need to shoot someone, what a fricked up place america is!! I know you view it as your right as an american to blow someones head to bits but surely a culture where guns are very hard to get hold of is a better society to live in.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:53 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsmansfield
They have a gun so you have a gun, they think you have a gun so they shoot you or you think they have a gun so you shoot them or you have a gun and so you antagonise a situation to a point where you need to shoot someone, what a fricked up place america is!! I know you view it as your right as an american to blow someones head to bits but surely a culture where guns are very hard to get hold of is a better society to live in.
Is it harder for criminals or law abiding citizens to get hold of a gun?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:04 AM
DayBlueZ

I would rather have the freedom of choice in chaos than be told how to live in utopia.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Spideynw

DayBlueZ,

Again, your situation differs from mine. I have never been in a situation where I would need a hand gun. Also, of course you have to take the hand gun in your vehicle if you want to carry it on your person. Lastly, the question posed in the first post on this thread was whether or not to have a gun in your vehicle in case a hot-head comes up to you with a crowbar. Can you possibly keep the discussion to this question?

For your information, though, if you are going to be walking around in a dangerous area, I think having a gun on your person is probably a good idea, given, of course, you know how to use it (this in no way is an implication that you do not).

kalima275z,

Not sure what your point is. The outcome is, of course, up to a jury. Given that the jury believes your testimonies, and other evidence provided, you would be let go for self-defense, most likely.

My point, which obviously you did not get, is that I made a statement that I would rather not take a chance at shooting someone, when I do not need to. Then some ***** decides to post a reply insinuating that I have no self-control, instead of just asking for clarification of my statement.

Then a person like you, posts a question to me, and then you end your statement with "scenario-boy". Why don't you grow up and converse as an adult? Or are you still in high school?

[edit] Nevermind, I see that in your own words, you can be a "fuctard".[/edit]

Last edited by Spideynw; 11-17-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:28 AM
Spideynw

I would rather have the freedom of choice in chaos than be told how to live in utopia.
Agreed.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You couldn't have said it better...

Zquicksilver
Old 11-17-2005, 08:39 AM
DayBlueZ

DayBlueZ,

Lastly, the question posed in the first post on this thread was whether or not to have a gun in your vehicle in case a hot-head comes up to you with a crowbar. Can you possibly keep the discussion to this question?
Well, to answer your question, yes, i would carry a weapon with me in my vehicle in case some nut approached me with ANY weapon. But, i would not limit MYSELF to just vehicle carry. I do not feel threatened by road ragers. It doesn't concern me in the least. But, if a road rager want to turn it into a confrontation, with deadly force, i will NOT hesitate to incapacitate my attacker. I do not WANT to shoot anyone. But, i will do so to save my self or others from harm.
And the discussion has evolved so far now you have to roll with the current output of the situation.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Zcool

Would I carry a gun in my Z? No, I carry a gun on me! It's not going to be of much use when its stashed out of sight somewhere in the car.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Spideynw

I never said you should limit yourself to keeping your gun in you vehicle.

Anyways, the only point I am trying to make is that I do not think a gun is necessary to have in your vehicle for the express purpose of protecting yourself from someone who has road rage. However, if society changed, to the point, that getting shot at by other drivers became highly probable, then I would be of the opinion carrying a gun in your car would probably be a good idea.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:32 PM
nickelsnickels

No, but I'm 6'3" 215lbs. and carry a 9" inch "pig-sticker".
Old 11-17-2005, 06:48 PM
kalima275Z

Originally Posted by paulsmansfield

Yah, because there is absolutley no crime in the UK right? If you wanted to make sense, you shouldn't have tried to use that weak insult towards the US......fricked up, what the hell is that? Also, to make your statement anywhere near logical, you should have wrote, "I know you view it as your right as an American to blow someone's head to bits, but surely a culture where guns are very hard to get hold of (illegally) is a better society to live in". Guns that are acquired illegally are the guns that commit the crime. Have you even read any of the prior posts?

Aren't your crime rates per capita higher than ours? I could be wrong, but it definately was around the late 80's early 90's, your point couldn't hold water back then. It shouldn't now either, regardless of the crime rate comparison.

As far as better society, you're talking to the people who left your society peacefully, then told you to shove your queen up your @ss, and then finally, kicked the crap out of you to ensure you stay on your tiny little island. And the funny thing is, throughout the history of your crap @ss country, the majority of your time is spent bowing to an inbred group of losers who your entire country chooses to serve even though they won't even let your water companies use fluoride in the public water........hence your fugly grills. Care for some crumpets and tea? Cheers chap.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:51 PM
kalima275Z

DayBlueZ,

Again, your situation differs from mine. I have never been in a situation where I would need a hand gun. Also, of course you have to take the hand gun in your vehicle if you want to carry it on your person. Lastly, the question posed in the first post on this thread was whether or not to have a gun in your vehicle in case a hot-head comes up to you with a crowbar. Can you possibly keep the discussion to this question?

For your information, though, if you are going to be walking around in a dangerous area, I think having a gun on your person is probably a good idea, given, of course, you know how to use it (this in no way is an implication that you do not).

kalima275z,

Not sure what your point is. The outcome is, of course, up to a jury. Given that the jury believes your testimonies, and other evidence provided, you would be let go for self-defense, most likely.

My point, which obviously you did not get, is that I made a statement that I would rather not take a chance at shooting someone, when I do not need to. Then some ***** decides to post a reply insinuating that I have no self-control, instead of just asking for clarification of my statement.

Then a person like you, posts a question to me, and then you end your statement with "scenario-boy". Why don't you grow up and converse as an adult? Or are you still in high school?

[edit] Nevermind, I see that in your own words, you can be a "fuctard".[/edit]
Sorry man, didn't mean to upset you. I wasn't to worried about your taking insult to it. Guees I was wrong. Again, sorry about that.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 PM
davidgaddy

Let me tell you all a thing or two if a real thug wanted your car they would take your ****.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
kalima275Z

Originally Posted by davidgaddy
Let me tell you all a thing or two if a real thug wanted your car they would take your ****.
I kinda disagree. If a "real" thug, opposed to fake I take it, wanted to steal your Z as it was parked in a parking lot, then yah, he proabably would take it freely. However, if any form of thug wanted to steal my Z while I was in it. Then we'd probably end up having lunch together the next day or something. Life's kinda wierd like that...you know?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Bboy Hustler

I dont carry a gun but i do carry a combat knife with me in the car, just gives me peace of mind..

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?