Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to be safe I do carry a gun, I put it in the glove box. You never know what can happpen in a city like Detroit when driving alone or some ****.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:02 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I carry two, and i dont have a license

MY HUGE BICEPS...

=D
Old 11-14-2005, 04:06 PM
plumpzz

Originally Posted by kcobean
Machine guns require a federal license to own and I can't recall a single incident in recent years where a fully automatic weapon was used in the commission of a crime, can you? It's not like you can buy a machine-gun at Wal-mart. That says to me that allowing ownership of them as currently allowed isn't a problem.

A few years ago two bank robbers in cali robbed a bank with 2 ak47s. The police only had pistols. The two robbers fired somewhere in the hundreds of shots. It was the first time something like that was captured on live TV. It was an incident when two fully automatic guns were used in a crime, in the last 5 years.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Seth-Q8

Get a 10000V tazer.

[/Thread]
Old 11-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Ep3

Originally Posted by sentry65
wassup yo yo

in mah hood we be carrying the gats wit us all over yo. Da Z is da boooooomb wit da gats foo. Put it in da cubby yo. Gat those foos down....werd up yo brotha man

Im sick of people doing this **** Gangster Rap music ruined this country in so many different ways.. that **** sounds funny but it is real to some people. In NY there is no CC but in my time in and arround Yonkers/NYC 7 out of 10 people i know carry or have guns illeagily and im not talking about "gangsters" when it comes down to it how important is your life and the lives of the ones you love?
Old 11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
A few years ago two bank robbers in cali robbed a bank with 2 ak47s. The police only had pistols. The two robbers fired somewhere in the hundreds of shots. It was the first time something like that was captured on live TV. It was an incident when two fully automatic guns were used in a crime, in the last 5 years.
That robbery attempt actually occured in early 1997, but that's beside the point.
Are you sure those were fully automatic AK-47s? Just two weeks ago, I fired an AK47 but it was only semi-auto. With pre-loaded 90 round drum magazines (which the robbers had), I could put hundreds of rounds through it in a matter of minutes. Like the AR-15/M-16, the AK-47 is available with multiple fire-mode configurations. I'm not calling B.S., I just did a search and couldn't find anything that stated whether those AK's were full or semi-auto.

I'm sure you're thinking "regardless of whether they were full or semi automatic, nobobdy needs to own something like that." It's a valid point, and I could make the exact same statement about the 300-ish HP car you're driving that can only carry two people, gets marginal gas mileage and isn't really safe on anything but dry roads. Why do you need to own something like that. The world would be better if the government mandated that we all drive cars that are only capable of the speed-limit, have at least 4 seats, restricted horsepower, etc.

See how the "make it illegal" game gets dangerous in a hurry?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:03 PM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Five-7 Ammo is expensive!! Plus that's such a fast and small round, I don't think it would be very good for defense unless your attacker has on a vest.
+1, availablity is crappy also. It's an awesome pistol none the less. It's based off of the Browning High Power. Good pistol! Like Haraesvelg said though, it's a hot round. If you use it in your house for self defense, plan on dealing with hitting something on the other side of two other walls (dry wall and such). Be careful, it could be your roommate you unintentionally hit (even if he/she is in another room) when shooting at some psycho dude coming in your house. Good luck and let us know how it shoots. I've shot nearly everything but that and the P90.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by 350Z007
Glock 23 here. Well it's a good balance between a .45 and a 9mm. It's got the accuracy of the 9mm but more stopping power like a .45 When I shoot them I want to make sure they don't get up. A 9mm can't give you that kind of power, but a .40 with hollow points can
i'm telling ya, people who choose to carry Glock 23s are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to weapon selections and firearms... the Glock 23 is compact but powerful in terms of penetration.The Glock 23 never jams and is extremely reliable and dependable when it comes to self defense. The Barretas are just a little too big...their 308 cal.(9mm short) is a good size for CC but the caliber is not a good defense round. A 45 cal. handgun may be good for goldcup championship competitions...but in the real world, IMO a 45 is just not practical (excessive re-coil for one). The design of the bullit is over a hundred years old...due to their rounded bullit nose shape...proned to jams after repeated firing. The modern bullit designs are tapered like the .40 and 9mm. They are less likely to jam in the chamber during cycling.
Since that bloody FBI shootout in Florida back in the late 80s, the FBI dropped their 9mm and adopted the .40 caliber. During a FBI bullistic test, the .40 cal. passed with flying color penetrating a specified block of gellatin after going through an auto windshield from a distance of ten feet.

Statistic shows you are ten times more likely to be robbed or carjacked than being caught by the cops for carring a weapon w/o a license.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:16 PM
kalima275Z

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but has anyone noticed the drop in gun-related crime since the Assault Weapons Ban went **** up last year? In every single state, gun-related crime has gone down and in most states, it went down a lot. Other crimes that policy makers assumed would have cascading effects due to the ban has gone down too. I guess the ban was indeed crap. I always thought it was anyway. This just proves that common sense prevails when given the opportunity. Even the states that kept the ban have experienced the oppposite of what most liberals said would be so. Kinda makes you wonder why people even listen to the anti-gun crowd. If you're a sheep, you're easily mislead. Someone needs to ask Michael Moore his opinion on crime rates since last year. I'd be interested in seeing his excuses. He probably has been approached about this subject but skated like he always does when he's confronted about his misleading conspiracy theories that crap the bed when rock solid truth and facts are exposed.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:33 PM
cillinsz

If you think the Z is worth more than your life and family than go ahead and carry a gun. Are you really sure you want to become a murderer just because some stupid *** wants your car? It is not worth it. You'll be as low and uncivilized as the thief who tried to rob you. I would only use it if someone was trying to hurt me and my family.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:36 PM
kalima275Z

[QUOTE=Ztalker]i'm telling ya, people who choose to carry Glock 23s are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to weapon selections and firearms... the Glock 23 is compact but powerful in terms of penetration.The Glock 23 never jams and is extremely reliable and dependable when it comes to self defense. The Barretas are just a little too big...their 308 cal.(9mm short) is a good size for CC but the caliber is not a good defense round. A 45 cal. handgun may be good for goldcup championship competitions...but in the real world, IMO a 45 is just not practical (excessive re-coil for one). The design of the bullit is over a hundred years old...due to their rounded bullit nose shape...proned to jams after repeated firing. The modern bullit designs are tapered like the .40 and 9mm. They are less likely to jam in the chamber during cycling.Since that bloody FBI shootout in Florida back in the late 80s, the FBI dropped their 9mm and adopted the .40 caliber. During a FBI bullistic test, the .40 cal. passed with flying color penetrating a specified block of gellatin after going through an auto windshield from a distance of ten feet.[QUOTE]

Cliff notes:
-I kinda disagree with the above quote
-I know too much about guns for the good of my fellow forum members and
there time.

Bottomline though, there is no perfect round and every pistol will jam, every pistol. Given the wrong conditions, any mechanical device will fail to do it's job at one point or another. There may be a good all-round bullet, but that can be said for about half the pistol rounds out there. I agree that the .40S&W is a great round, hell I use a Walther P99 in .40 for my carry gun, most all of the time and all the time as a home defense weapon. As far as the .45, I disagree, it's an awesome round that has changed over the years and there are now thousands of differently shaped .45 rounds out there. If you are very good to excellent in pistol markmanship, that would be the round of choice for self-defense. With most all semi-automatic weapon (even machine-guns, subs, etc.), the usual point of failure is the source of feed. For example, look at the AK-47. It's very reliable. However, it's built to very low standards. So how does it do it? Look at the magazine. You could run it over and it usually doesn't miss a beat, it's built like a tank. On the flip side of that, look at the AR-15 (especially the early M-16), it can hick-up every once in a while and double-feed, mis-feed, etc. Now look at the AR magazine. It's flimsy and made out of thin aluminum, the follower is plastic. The fix to that though is a good magazine. The H&K .223 AR mag, for example, is what I use in my M4 and my AR at home. Sure, it's heavy and made out of steel (even the follower), but that thing hardly ever misses a beat. It's all about the source of feed man, almost always. I use the .40 b/c my wife may have to use it too. When she's not around I go with .45 for carry. The 9mm is a great round for self-defense also, smaller shooters can benefit from the lack of felt recoil from most 9mm pistols. Capacity also increases with the 9mm, just in case you suck at shooting, you can spray and pray!

Sorry for the long post, I can talk guns for hours. My wife is probably more gun smart than most male gun owners out there.

edit:I have the option of 9mm, .40, and .45 at work and I always go with 9mm. Unless I'm going CC, then it's .45 . I think a 9mm Beretta in the right hands is far more lethal than anything else in wrong hands. Although that applies to many other pistols too. Whatever though.

Last edited by kalima275Z; 11-14-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
kalima275Z

Originally Posted by cillinsz
If you think the Z is worth more than your life and family than go ahead and carry a gun. Are you really sure you want to become a murderer just because some stupid *** wants your car? It is not worth it. You'll be as low and uncivilized as the thief who tried to rob you. I would only use it if someone was trying to hurt me and my family.

What? You won't be a murderer. You'll be a guy who still has his hard-earned Z and more importantly, a guy who just insured that some bastard won't drive your Z over a kid or do something crazy b/c you were to limp wristed to stand up to a criminal. Because who knows what kinda person that thief is. He may be more than a thief. Nobody knows. If you follow the rules of law and are indeed defending yourself, shoot away. If the guy doesn't have a gun, kick his @ss. Or at least try. Try not to pussify any more forum members while you're here. Ha! j/k
Old 11-14-2005, 09:07 PM
itburns

I carry 2 guns everywhere I go, not counting the pistol in my pants.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:10 PM
itburns

Off topic, but San Francisco voted to outlaw all guns in last week's special election! You cannot own a gun in S.F. Those freakin' commies are trying to reverse the U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights! Get me outta heeeeeerrre!!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:21 PM
plumpzz

Originally Posted by itburns
Off topic, but San Francisco voted to outlaw all guns in last week's special election! You cannot own a gun in S.F. Those freakin' commies are trying to reverse the U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights! Get me outta heeeeeerrre!!!!!
they're mostly homosexuals anyway. the only weapon they need is LOVE baby
Old 11-15-2005, 12:34 AM
dedmoonstears

Default u need a antitank just in case someone scratches yr z

dont you hate it when trucks in font of you spit rocks t your hood and sides or wherever ruining you oh so shiny car.

...i have an anti armor just in case the assault rifle doesnt make me feel ive avenged the scratch that my car has suffered.....the handgun is below my seat thats for the slow moving or jaywalking pedestrians that force me to slow down.

..as my girl always says...handguns are for pedestrians. :
Attached Thumbnails Do you carry a gun in your Z?-for-trucks.jpg   Do you carry a gun in your Z?-picture-561.jpg  
Old 11-15-2005, 01:10 AM
illZ

lol.. nice
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Carrying a gun is stupid. If you use it the very BEST result is your going to be arrested & have to pay an attorney thousands of dollars & hope he can convince authorities you acted properly in killing/wounding someone. I dont about the rest of y'all but I've got better things to do with my time and money.

At best carry a large container of pepper spray...fogger type.

As soon as you respond emotionally to some idiotic moron, you just passed contol of a situation to that person. Why would anyone do that? Your best response was to not give the finger.
Or you could be dead, and not live to see the legal rammifications. I'm sure that is the SMART way.

Only a un-informed liberal would have you not carry a gun if you are a responsible citizen.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 AM
mdracer76
Banned

OMG ..LOL.. too funny...

oh.. and Kelly, There was a show on the History channel on that robery. Both AK's were modified to be fully auto.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:21 AM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by cillinsz
This makes absolutely no sense at all! If you think your life and your family are worth anything, carry a gun. How else are you going to protect them?

I'd rather be tried by 12, then carried by six.

Anyone who opposes responsible concealed carry is either a liberal from PRNJ (I'm from the People's Republic of New Jersey, but I have seen the light), PRNY, or PRC.....or a girl.

It's funny that the people who are most afraid of guns have never shot a gun in their lives. People always fear what they cannot understand.

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?