JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Is this gun any good ?? (.380)

Old 09-16-2005, 12:27 PM
jkaale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hell yes!

There are a bunch of crazy fu--ers out there! I carry a H&K 40 caliber, and won't hesitate. JK
Old 09-16-2005, 12:29 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkaale
There are a bunch of crazy fu--ers out there!
And those who don't "pack" will consider you to be one of them...
Old 09-16-2005, 01:44 PM
mickey99us

i carry only when i travel out of town but in my own city im cool with a cell phone and pepper spray.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jcn30127

KelTec feels like it was made by fisher price IMO
Old 09-16-2005, 07:46 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
I've carried illegally in California for 20 years and legally in Washington for four more. California has a maximum $200 fine for first time violation of CCW - you'll get hit with $301 for running a red light.

I do not recommend just tossing a firearm into a car and driving around looking for a reason to pull it out. In your crowbar issue you set yourself up for failure by flipping the guy off and then not noticing that he was coming at you. Given the choice between a .45 and a 3200 pound car I'll take the car every time.

I was in the military for nearly 24 years and have trained endlessly in weapon use. I've studied more than a few books on the issue of self defense and the use of a firearm in doing so. Most state require that you be in fear for your life prior to shooting someone. In a carjacking I would argue that I would be in fear for my life as normally the felon is going to commit the grand theft with a deadly weapon of some sort. Shooting some guy driving off with your car after you left it running in front of the KFC isn't legal - except in Texas after dark

I have never once had the occasion to use my firearm while CCW. Around the BLM camp site I've had two cases where having a firearm might have just saved me from getting robbed/beaten by a group of two men the first time, and four the second time.

While I CCW I find that I'm the most mellow of people. I am also the most aware and cautious of men too. There are plenty of places where CCW would be not smart as you'd a high risk of a bad decision - bars and clubs come to mind pretty quickly.

Last holiday I was out driving the Z when two under educated and over alcohol-ed drivers in a truck decided to run the stop sign and cut me off while. I saw them coming and started braking down from my legal 45 mph down to 35 mph. I would have t-boned them perfectly if I hadn't had slowed down and then come to a complete stop as they ran the sign. They took offense to my horn blasting and slammed it into reverse to chase me going back wards - toward cars coming at them driving the right way in their lane.

Once they turned around they started chasing me and my wife. It was pretty crowded in the Z with the four of us - me, the wife, and Smith & Wesson. Rather than confront the mullet wearing toothless fools who were holding their beer bottles out the window trying to get close enough to throw them at me I drove to the nearest entrance to the local military base where if they had followed me they could deal with the MP's and their M-16's.

If anyone is interested in getting some technical advice on firearms I would highly recommend this web site: AR-15.com as it's the largest gun related board on the planet.

Firearms are not for cowboys or fools - nor are they limited to just gangbangers and dopers.
You know, the more I read your posts, the more I like you.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:12 AM
redvert

i have my gun with me almost all the time. i am going to miss her we have been together for over five years and i dont look forward to someone else handling my baby. it will be weird not to have a govt. gun for a couple of months but back to training and more pay defintely helps. i am not for most people having a gun with them b/c this brings in an element that can turn deadly with just a pull of the trigger. a mouth battle might be just that until the gun is brought in. most of the population do not need to being carrying guns for everybodies welfare. i would rather take an *** beating and live instead of getting shot. it is my job to carry a gun but i am mature enough not to ever pull it out unless needed. yes there is times when ******** will **** you off enough were i wanted to shoot their tires out or the such. but i like my life the way it is and i dont need to lose what i have b/c some ******* flipped me off or something. drive to your local police station and let the guys in blue take care of it. dont screw your life up for some *******.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:57 AM
bobmanfoo
Banned

i wouldn't trust my life with that gun, the cheapest gun brand i'd go with is a Taurus, and .380 is a weak round and won't kill with one shot everytime. i'd get a one shot stop caliber gun and aim accordingly
Originally Posted by jcn30127

Last edited by bobmanfoo; 09-17-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:27 AM
cessna

Guys,

I've driven in the U.S, and I might be tempted to pack a gun.....BUT............
It just escalates the perpetual circle of violence in your country.
Bottom line is that your car is not worth your life or that of your passengers.
I was car jacked in N.C two years ago, and the only thing on my mind at the time was to give him the keys....Even if I had a gun, I would not have pulled it out as once again it may have caused more trouble than anything else. Dont get me rong, I understand that the 'right to bear arms' is an integral part of life in the U.S, and in no way am saying otherwise.
Here in Canada, only 4 types of people carry guns....
1)Police
2)Hunters
3)Criminals, Gangsters
4)Crazy Albertans...........
We already live in a scary world, do we realy want to assist in helping the world get anyworse?
Next time I'm in the U.S, I will never flip the bird to anyone in a Z as they might be tempted to riddle my G35 with bullets!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:38 AM
bobmanfoo
Banned

what if the robber shot you in the head after you gave him the keys? why would you trust a person to let you live when they are willing to take your life for a car? why wouldn't they take your life to prevent themselves from going jail for a long time? what if your wife, parents, or kids were with you? would you still put your life or your loved ones' lives in a criminal's hand? its a sticky situation, different people will do handle the situation differently, it has nothing to do with which country you are from

Last edited by bobmanfoo; 09-17-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:43 AM
cessna

Agreed, I guess everyone will have a different view on the matter.
The fact is that nothing is worth your life or your loved ones.
Its simply a case of escalation. Lets face it, if someone wants your car and is willing to shoot you, then not much can be done.
Do many guys carry guns in TX? What are the laws when it comes to carrying a concealed weapon?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:39 PM
DayBlueZ

Well, for all you people who think you can use your wits and outsmart a criminal and those who believe weapons are barbaric and unnecessary and those that think weapons are a bad idea, go on and live your life like there isn't a bad side to the world. But, I’m telling ya, there is.
I spent the day with a significant other at a local park one afternoon just eating and fishing. It started getting dark so we made our way back to the vehicle. I see 2 nice young men, i use this term loosely, begin walking our way, and 2 other young men come from behind a parked van. I am now officially moving to code orange. Well, these 4 guys thought that it was a better idea if my GF left with them instead of me. Code red. She and i naturally thought otherwise. 2 of the guys had beers in their hands and smelled like they had been in a weed house all day. All of a sudden, we were surrounded by 5 guys now who were assuring us that my GF would have a better time in their company. I'll remind you liberal, democrat, tree hugging pukes, that these are NOT the words being used by these individuals. ALSO, i would like to say i am not David Blane and can't transport us to the vehicle , which is less than 50 feet. Nor, is there ANY way to outsmart 5 jacked up individuals determined to have a private party with my GF. By now, these individuals were all within 5 feet of us. So, i picked out the one that was doing most of the talking and drew on him, grabbed my GF with my weak arm and moved quickly towards him. He politely moved aside and i turned so i could see everyone in the group, which was now down to 3. After turning and walking backwards to the vehicle, the mouthy one is now feeling a little braver and begins to run off at the mouth again. We enter my vehicle and leave. No shots, no death, and my GF didn't have to go home with her 5 best new friends.
Now, you guys who are against weapons and feel you can talk your way out of anything, i would liked to have seen you do it there. Because i assure you, the next week for you would be in the hospital with a cracked skull and glass in your A$$ and your GF the newest crack ho on the block.

For future reference, stay the hell away from East Lake Park here in B'ham Al

Last edited by DayBlueZ; 09-17-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Greenvette95

Yes
Old 09-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Greenvette95

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Has anyone thought that if you carry a gun in your car and someone breaks into it... they get everything in your car as well as the gun! That's like putting another gun onto the streets to be used for carjacking or who knows what else! >_<;;
AAAAH, when you leave the car take the weapon with you.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
boma

Originally Posted by DayBlueZ
Well, for all you people who think you can use your wits and outsmart a criminal and those who believe weapons are barbaric and unnecessary and those that think weapons are a bad idea, go on and live your life like there isn't a bad side to the world. But, I’m telling ya, there is.
I spent the day with a significant other at a local park one afternoon just eating and fishing. It started getting dark so we made our way back to the vehicle. I see 2 nice young men, i use this term loosely, begin walking our way, and 2 other young men come from behind a parked van. I am now officially moving to code orange. Well, these 4 guys thought that it was a better idea if my GF left with them instead of me. Code red. She and i naturally thought otherwise. 2 of the guys had beers in their hands and smelled like they had been in a weed house all day. All of a sudden, we were surrounded by 5 guys now who were assuring us that my GF would have a better time in their company. I'll remind you liberal, democrat, tree hugging pukes, that these are NOT the words being used by these individuals. ALSO, i would like to say i am not David Blane and can't transport us to the vehicle , which is less than 50 feet. Nor, is there ANY way to outsmart 5 jacked up individuals determined to have a private party with my GF. By now, these individuals were all within 5 feet of us. So, i picked out the one that was doing most of the talking and drew on him, grabbed my GF with my weak arm and moved quickly towards him. He politely moved aside and i turned so i could see everyone in the group, which was now down to 3. After turning and walking backwards to the vehicle, the mouthy one is now feeling a little braver and begins to run off at the mouth again. We enter my vehicle and leave. No shots, no death, and my GF didn't have to go home with her 5 best new friends.
Now, you guys who are against weapons and feel you can talk your way out of anything, i would liked to have seen you do it there. Because i assure you, the next week for you would be in the hospital with a cracked skull and glass in your A$$ and your GF the newest crack ho on the block.

For future reference, stay the hell away from East Lake Park here in B'ham Al

That says it all. You really kept your cool too man. You held it to him and waited for them to attack. Stories like this make me wanna pack, and I've never held a gun in my life.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:35 PM
DayBlueZ

Don't get me wrong. I was not comfortable and the only thing i kept thinking was " Man i wish i was someplace else, i do NOT want to be here or go through with this!"
Old 09-17-2005, 09:02 PM
cessna

Man that sure shows it all.....
Nothing against responsible gun ownership.
By the way I've got a licence, a .22 hand gun and a 9mm. Just to let you know that not all anti violence tree loving guys are push-overs! I would just not carry in my car thats all, but after your story I just might...........................
Old 09-17-2005, 09:12 PM
bobmanfoo
Banned

Originally Posted by cessna
Agreed, I guess everyone will have a different view on the matter.
The fact is that nothing is worth your life or your loved ones.
Its simply a case of escalation. Lets face it, if someone wants your car and is willing to shoot you, then not much can be done.
Do many guys carry guns in TX? What are the laws when it comes to carrying a concealed weapon?
well i suppose alot of people in TX carry, well probably more than most, i currently pack a .357 magnum with 7 rounds of hydrashoks, recently got into revolvers, i have a couple of semi's as well .45, and .357sig, i go to the range about every two weeks to practice

Last edited by bobmanfoo; 09-17-2005 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:11 AM
jnkirk1974

I carry a Glock 22 (.40) in my G35. I am a licensed concealed permit owner in Dallas,Texas.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Zeero

Default Legal Concealed Carry Reduces Violent Crime

Originally Posted by cessna
Guys,

I've driven in the U.S, and I might be tempted to pack a gun.....BUT............
It just escalates the perpetual circle of violence in your country.
Bottom line is that your car is not worth your life or that of your passengers!
The data clearly show that states which have enacted concealed carry laws enjoy an almost immediate reduction in violent predatory crime, particularly of the random type being discussed in this thread. Since the violent bad guys are prone to carry weapons (a crowbar is considered, by law, to be a deadly weapon), doesn't it make sense for the good guys to have access to lethal force for self defense? Firearms in the hands of good guys have been shown to interrupt the "circle of violence," not escalate it.

I can respect anyone's decision not to kill in defense of their own life. That respect wears a little thin, however, if they are unwilling to kill in defense of MY life. Carrying a pistol is a heavy responsibility that people who have concealed carry permits are deemed capable of fulfilling--they have undergone a thorough background check by the state. Most of us have also availed ourselves of more rigorous training and practice than the mandatory few hours required for licensing. Much of the advanced training in my state involves "situation analysis" such as the law enforcement personnel take--so you won't resort to deadly force unless it is truly called for.

Using deadly force (a gun) to defend yourself, or someone else, in a life threatening situation is a judgment call that can only be made if you have a gun available. If no gun is available, you're putting your life at risk, and the bad guy(s) go on in their "circle of violence."

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?