Sponsored by:

I finally got a 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Z 2 B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I finally got a 350Z

So heres the story:

Yesterday my brother and I traveled to long island to see the white 350 I posted about earlier, when we got there we were surprised to see it was mint!! I took it for a test drive and plunked down a nice bit of change doe the downpayment, signed the papers and away we went, home with a 350z. It is white with the greyish/cream interior. Now get this, boy did we get it for a real steal. It is a 2004, Touring edition, (I have the original window sticker and everything) with dual heated seats, dual power seats, 6 cd changer in dash, 6 speed, tire pressure monitor, VDC, leather, the aluminum kick plates, yada yada yada, just about every option except the brembos and navigation. it has only 7 thousand miles on it, AND an added bonus popped the hood to find a Nismo intake and on the front is a beautiful chrome grill that does not look ricey at all, it actually makes the car look very elegant. All for, are you ready, $22,000! hahahaha I cant believe it, it cost the previous owner according to the window sticker $37,500 LOL

Reason i got for so cheap; it was at a and rover dealership, the guy made his son trade it in because it was too much of a sports car and trouble magnet for him LOL Best thing is, it literally still has the new car smell to it.

First impressions after driving an hour home. It will be annoying to use as an every day car, good thing I have the Hyundai for that. All this time on here trying to determine how it feels, drives, is it fast enough etc, well no worries, the car is amazing. it drives like a sports car, has way more ***** than a mustang, especially above 3,500rpms, wow does this thing move. Handling is spot on. I got stares and thumbs up within the hour of owning it. And, while im at a gas station showing i my friend (i saw him and pulled in) a state trooper pulls up and goes, "what are we doing fellas" like Im doing something bad showing my car, so I go, "uhm, nothing", and he jst drives away.

The intake sounds nasty by the way, nasty in a good for those not in the lingo. Awesome low grunt from the exhaust especially when turning it on.

It was funny, driving it to work today this light comes on and PSi starts blinking on the gauge so im like oh no a problem already. (it has 13 months left n the warranty). Quickly got the owners manual out and realized it was the tire pressure system. But the tires when warm go above the 29psi? or whatever it is, an yet it is still on, pretty annoying? when warm it is at like 32psi or something like that. One of the tires has a bubble in it (they are bridgestones potenza) so the guy took $300 off the price. He was asking 25K for it I guess since it was land rover they jiust wantes to get riud of it, I think I could have gotten it for less too. They knew nothing abotu the car and said another few days and they were goign to send it to an auction.

The stereo, its not too bad, but defintaely not the best. The only thing it doesnt have is the little spoiler in the back. But I will buy that. All I am going to do is tint the windows, get a little spoiler and MAYBE get the wheels polished or just the lip this summer.

has a blast with it yesterday showing all my friends. It was beautiful out too, too bad it is ****ing raining all day today and I didnt get a chance to get her in my garage. But I hear her yelling, HYUNDAI! GET THE **** OUT! Supposed to ****ing rain and snow over the next few days, yipee! anything to ruin the fun. guess I wont be driving it for a week or two.

Questions. The clutch catches at the top, kind of high? Same thing on yours? I dnt think it is to worry though since I have been romping the **** out of it last night and no smell or lag. Second question, does it make like a humming sound as if, but not so, the pads are bad and rubbing the rotors even though the brakes are not on? I cant explain the sound better than that. It has brand new pads and everything on it and stops fine even so. it is only when I am rolling to a low speed but no brakes on yet.

by the way, VDC sucks, I already had an experience of romping on it and VDC cutting the engine out. I accidentally shifted into second going 60, and it redlined for less than a second before I caught thank god. Hope I didnt **** it up. I doubt it since I accidentally did that in the stangs several times. Man let me tell you, the *** kicks out on this thing like its a wild bull! I love it! I can see having to get the front airdam resprayed once a year, it has minor chips already, not seen unless kneeling but I dont like knowing its there LOL

So I have some kid in a riced out civic VTEC say to me, nice car, too bad their slow, I races one last night and as soon as my VTEC kicked in I was neck and neck with it... After romping this thing last night, obviously whoever he raced, wasnt racing.

Sorry for the long post, I wish I could post the pics of it, but I do not have a digital camera with me and its raining. I will try to have pics by the end of the week.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:34 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-29-2006, 02:37 PM
thReeFiFtee

^^ lol......

but congrats, and good deal.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:44 PM
rockinbboy

haha....sweet...sounds like you got a pretty good deal.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Z 2 B

hahah thanks! These cars are awesome! You should read the story, its a quick readf. Lots of mistakes, but I am in a hurry.Cant wait to post pics
Old 01-29-2006, 02:46 PM
ASTIG_Z

That kid raced a Z in a VTEC civic...Z must of been blind to ugly cars trying to race them.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:19 PM
J3rzeyFlip
Banned

hehe im glad u like the Z. The clucth level can be adjusted so u can have a easier and better time driving. The Tires sensor is very sensistive expecially when the temp. drops. I suggest u put air from 38-40 on the tires.

by the way!....show some damn picks if u can! Have fun with the car! Remember, u can have fun and be responsible at the same time!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That is the longest Hello that I have ever read. BTW congratulations.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Z 2 B

hahaha Cool, I would like to adjust the clutch, I dont like where it catches. I will read the manual on how to.

oh yeah, let me ask you this, when you turn the car on and put the fan on (third **** to the right) the A/C comes on. I keep having to turn it off, does this do this for you too?
Old 01-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Ep3

im glad your so happy congrats on the new car..
Old 01-29-2006, 06:55 PM
DemetriZ

Yes the A/C does come on after u turn the **** fan from the off position, so i just press the button and leave it on a low fan setting, before turning off the car dont put it on auto or off. this was annoying for me too in the begining.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:11 PM
Z 2 B

Demeriz - duly noted

Ep3, I live 10 min from yonkers and frequent McLean ave often. Well, actuallly, my girl of 4 years who lived there broke up with me. Ironically the day after I bought the car. Damn shame she wont see it.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:22 PM
visionboy

I'd read it but i have ADD, congrats on your new car though
Old 01-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Ep3

we can hang out some times meng do you like to use your car we can have some runs