Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z is gone, Hello STi !

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 11:46 AM
V8killer2pt5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=joegengsta]^^ they all have that blue interior, which in my opinion was cool at first but looked childish after a couple weeks

To answer why i didnt like my sti..:i didn't like the steering response, the car was so brutish and unrefined around down, i tap the gas, it either gave no power at all or just the power came on too much too quick. Driving around town was like piloting a Nasa spaceship on the city streets. Granted the STi interior > Evo's plastic ness.. everytime i sat in it, i was always reminded that it... it's still a sedan... to me sedan sport car was more of an oxymoron than jumbo shrimp. I dunno, i guess i just end up getting bored with the car. getting in was no longer exciting. But! when i first reached my hand towards the aluminum door hangle on the z... closing the door, and then it electronically shuts it some more...sitting in leather... damn... it's just such a better feeling. 350z all the way!

Hmm I guess but I don't have any misconceptions about what the Sti is good for. I have 3 other cars that fit my requirements, after test driving the Z I was impressed but decided the cost for modding was not really in the cards. Plus I like having a 4 door car to drag people around in. I understand what you mean about steering response but a few mods and that changes. I guess we all get tired of a car after awhile, but you gave up alot of power to go to the Z. I did get rid of my 130k RR after awhile, got bored of it too. As for the interior I would prefer a complete black layout but I did not buy the car for comfort, sexy looks or to pick up women, rather to enjoy a awd rally inspired vehicle made for street duty. Everytime I drop a mod on I am pleasantly surprised at the car.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:52 AM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V8killer2pt5
Hmm I guess but I don't have any misconceptions about what the Sti is good for. I have 3 other cars that fit my requirements, after test driving the Z I was impressed but decided the cost for modding was not really in the cards. Plus I like having a 4 door car to drag people around in. I understand what you mean about steering response but a few mods and that changes. I guess we all get tired of a car after awhile, but you gave up alot of power to go to the Z. I did get rid of my 130k RR after awhile, got bored of it too. As for the interior I would prefer a complete black layout but I did not buy the car for comfort, sexy looks or to pick up women, rather to enjoy a awd rally inspired vehicle made for street duty. Everytime I drop a mod on I am pleasantly surprised at the car.
Your reverse scoop looks nice! I need to go that route, looks so much better. I only wish we had more wing options. I'd like to get the WRX wing, but I can't anyone to do a trunk swap.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:53 AM
nebolic

Originally Posted by joegengsta
^^ they all have that blue interior, which in my opinion was cool at first but looked childish after a couple weeks

To answer why i didnt like my sti..:i didn't like the steering response, the car was so brutish and unrefined around down, i tap the gas, it either gave no power at all or just the power came on too much too quick. Driving around town was like piloting a Nasa spaceship on the city streets. Granted the STi interior > Evo's plastic ness.. everytime i sat in it, i was always reminded that it... it's still a sedan... to me sedan sport car was more of an oxymoron than jumbo shrimp. I dunno, i guess i just end up getting bored with the car. getting in was no longer exciting. But! when i first reached my hand towards the aluminum door hangle on the z... closing the door, and then it electronically shuts it some more...sitting in leather... damn... it's just such a better feeling. 350z all the way!

btw here is my sti...

go fast mods:
4.5" to 3" ti turboback
protuned cobb AP
monster tmic
600cc/255lph
excedy twin disk
k/n drop in
timeslip for your 11 secs. Not saying it can't happen, but those mods are a bit difficult to believe to run 11 secs in a STi.

nebo
Old 11-10-2006, 12:11 PM
V8killer2pt5

Originally Posted by kalima275Z
Your reverse scoop looks nice! I need to go that route, looks so much better. I only wish we had more wing options. I'd like to get the WRX wing, but I can't anyone to do a trunk swap.

Well I did'nt have much choice with the big turbo, the larger Tmic I had was not cutting it so went with a Fmic. Problem was the oem scoop was ramming the hot air back into the bay so with the reverse scoop and the air coming in from the front aerodynamics the heat is literally sucked out. I don't like the way the cf sticks out on the blue so I am painting it WRB. Also I either want a wing delete or smaller APR type wing like you see on Audi's.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:16 PM
V8killer2pt5

Originally Posted by nebolic
timeslip for your 11 secs. Not saying it can't happen, but those mods are a bit difficult to believe to run 11 secs in a STi.

nebo

I agree and then some, no mention of a larger turbo in those mods and weird thing those injector rates 600cc. The Sti unlike the Wrx are side feed and I have not seen a config with those specs. The Jdm pink's are 580cc are somewhere along those lines. Oem Sti specs are depending on who you ask 440 or 580cc, with Stg 2 my idc with oem's was 93%. So a large turbo with 600's is playing Russian Roulette. Not saying your lying but the mod list is incomplete at face value. On my 49 lb turbo I am using 850cc injectors.

Moreover the oem Sti turbo will make at most 300-320 depending on the dyno. It's just too small to lay down 11 secs, hell the best I seen is a 12.2 full bolt on stock turbo. More info needed to evaluate the validity of your claim.

Last edited by V8killer2pt5; 11-10-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:32 PM
nebolic

Originally Posted by V8killer2pt5
I agree and then some, no mention of a larger turbo in those mods and weird thing those injector rates 600cc. The Sti unlike the Wrx are side feed and I have not seen a config with those specs. The Jdm pink's are 580cc are somewhere along those lines. Oem Sti specs are depending on who you ask 440 or 580cc, with Stg 2 my idc with oem's was 93%. So a large turbo with 600's is playing Russian Roulette. Not saying your lying but the mod list is incomplete at face value. On my 49 lb turbo I am using 850cc injectors.

Moreover the oem Sti turbo will make at most 300-320 depending on the dyno. It's just too small to lay down 11 secs, hell the best I seen is a 12.2 full bolt on stock turbo. More info needed to evaluate the validity of your claim.
that's some big injectors you got there

what IDC are you at with the 850cc? You running a custom tune on the ECU or you running a standalone?

big turbo on STi= badass. Real v8 killa

nebo
Old 11-10-2006, 12:43 PM
V8killer2pt5

Originally Posted by nebolic
that's some big injectors you got there

what IDC are you at with the 850cc? You running a custom tune on the ECU or you running a standalone?

big turbo on STi= badass. Real v8 killa

nebo

Remember it's a 4 cyl hence the 850cc's I have not dynoed or done any data logs with idc values in mind. But I have plenty of headroom for a larger turbo yet. The turbo as mentioned before is a 49lb 7cm exhaust housing but on factory inlet specs. The car is customed tuned to 19psi on a reflash, with the turbo and my setup able to run well into the 20's. I want to do my methanol injection before turning the wick up. The car besides having every supporting mod is using a external wastegate Tial 44m with a ATMOSPHERIC dump, it's loud for lack of a better word. Honestly plenty of faster cars out there I am aiming for 400-450 awhp on this car as a daily driver. More than enough for street duty.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:24 PM
JdMfREaK

just cus the 350 aint awd doesnt mean it cant handle...no offence you dumb homie 350 is pretty beefy around autocrossing...besides stis are gay and SLOW!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:53 PM
MarkRacerX

Default Info

Originally Posted by zand02max
How much did your insurance go up?

When I had my 350Z $95 a month, STi is $125 now for me
I am 29yrs. 1ticket in past few years..