Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think everyone needs to put themselves in the OP's position. He paid $700 for a hood that was defective. He notifies the seller right away and waits a month while keeping in contact. Meanwhile, the seller has other hoods for sale when this one could have been replaced. ANYONE that says they wouldn't be pissed is straight up lying! On the other hand, calling Carbon a scammer was uncalled for.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
oclor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
I think everyone needs to put themselves in the OP's position. He paid $700 for a hood that was defective. He notifies the seller right away and waits a month while keeping in contact. Meanwhile, the seller has other hoods for sale when this one could have been replaced. ANYONE that says they wouldn't be pissed is straight up lying! On the other hand, calling Carbon a scammer was uncalled for.
I agree 100%. But remember that the OP did say that he regrets calling it a scam.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I completely agree with the OP. Thank you for pointing out a bad vendor. That is someone that i personally will not be ordering from. You have every right to do what you are doing because if you spend money you should not have such a huge problem with it being defective. Lets say i bought an 07 Z and it came with a cracked wheel or something and the dealer ignored me for a month, hell i would sue their asses. You are doing the right thing.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:54 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
did you guys read the other case? It took 2 months before I was even told about the issue. I dont know any vendor who would take back a used part after 2 months, without questions asked.

I have had 2 complaints on me both about the same problem with the same hoods. The first hood Seibon wouldn't warranty as it took to long for the customer to file a claim. This one took 3-4 weeks to get the claim started and finished and for me to get more TS hoods in stock. Im sorry if that doesn't meet everyones deadlines, but its not like I planned on these hoods having issues. Once I received the replacement TS hood it took 5 business days to get the claimed finalized and paperwork completed.

I have been in contact with the OP for the past 3 weeks, but was out to lunch when he called yestrday so now my customer service is terrible? As much as some of the members here think, they dont know the whole story. Bottom line is I take care of all of my customers, sometimes claims take longer then you would like, but like many have said thats the nature of the beast.
He has been trying to contact you since last Thursday, but nice try.
Are you actually trying to say that you missed one phone call and the OP went thru the trouble of starting this thread?
You are missing the entire point anyway. If your customer service was so good, consumers wouldn't have to call you out on the forums to get a response from you.
In both cases in question, the OP's only started the threads because you cut off contact with them completely.
Keep the customer informed and maybe you won't have these issues any more.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardrock905
He has been trying to contact you since last Thursday, but nice try.
Are you actually trying to say that you missed one phone call and the OP went thru the trouble of starting this thread?
You are missing the entire point anyway. If your customer service was so good, consumers wouldn't have to call you out on the forums to get a response from you.
In both cases in question, the OP's only started the threads because you cut off contact with them completely.
Keep the customer informed and maybe you won't have these issues any more.

did you even read the thread?? both have posted email communications with each other, and both said they have spoken on the phone.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM
oclor

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
I completely agree with the OP. Thank you for pointing out a bad vendor. That is someone that i personally will not be ordering from. You have every right to do what you are doing because if you spend money you should not have such a huge problem with it being defective. Lets say i bought an 07 Z and it came with a cracked wheel or something and the dealer ignored me for a month, hell i would sue their asses. You are doing the right thing.
Even though I agree with the OP lets not call Jim a bad vendor just yet. There have been a bunch of people who have said they have dealt with him and had no problems. Lets see if he resolves the OP's issues without further problems and then decide if we can give our money to him or not.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:06 PM
grandmaster

I didn't have another hood in stock until mid-last week in which I set his aside until the paperwork could be filed and completed. It was never sold to somebody else, I still have it sitting here.

People who are chiming in about my customer service without actually purchasing from me have no right unless they have actually dealt with me. period.
If the customer service is well structured then this post won't even appear. Agree or disagree, in that case who will chim in on the customer service?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
bofa

I'll come back and read this one later... 7 pages in a day?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by oclor
Even though I agree with the OP lets not call Jim a bad vendor just yet. There have been a bunch of people who have said they have dealt with him and had no problems. Lets see if he resolves the OP's issues without further problems and then decide if we can give our money to him or not.
Yes, but when buying an expensive product, $700 is a lot of money, i would want to have a good experience and think that i'm getting a quality product. I personally could care less about customer services UNLESS IT BECOMES AN ISSUE. And in this case it sure sounds like it has become one. Look, we all know that Carbon LTD is a business and they want money, but maintaining good customer relations should also be a priority. Basically, if i'm in the market for a carbon fiber hood, i would want a company that will treat me like a person and not a number.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:31 PM
grandmaster

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Yes, but when buying an expensive product, $700 is a lot of money, i would want to have a good experience and think that i'm getting a quality product. I personally could care less about customer services UNLESS IT BECOMES AN ISSUE. And in this case it sure sounds like it has become one. Look, we all know that Carbon LTD is a business and they want money, but maintaining good customer relations should also be a priority. Basically, if i'm in the market for a carbon fiber hood, i would want a company that will treat me like a person and not a number.

you mean the # on the iTrader just messing with you.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:56 PM
dbasal

Something does not add up here guys. This warranty process is just not right. I think the OP is about to get the shaft.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:58 PM
TheCajunStyle

Hey guys, I've ordered from CarbonLTD before, so I guess I'm a fan-boy...

Anyways, here are a few things to think about when dealing with vendors:

How big is the vendor, both in terms of size and financial power? Do they have physical and financial means to provide you with a replacement at a quick pace?

If I were ordering from Performance Nissan, maybe. They seem to have a large staff, a warehouse, and, most likely, are very financially sound. Informing Performance Nissan that you have a defective part probably involves some management decision to accept the return on the defective item and issue a replacement. The defective item may (or may not) be returned to the manufacturer (at the request of the manfuacturer) for compensation. The seller, in the meantime, has to deal with the all-important customer. So, after the affirmative decision from Mr. Boss-Man, a replacement is immediately issued. What the customer never sees is that the business, no matter how big it is, takes an immediate loss due to the fact that they are (at the present time) giving the item away for free--as a replacement. This sort of "customer service" level is what we see in large businesses. Large businesses then have to file a damage claim--this process could take weeks to months to complete. We, as Americans are a little too accustomed with being able to walk into some of these big businesses, such as Wal-Mart, and return used toilet paper while expecting them to hand over some new, clean TP.

Dealing with a small business operated by one or two people, may not quite follow the same process. But the standards are still the same: "The customer is #1". Some small businesses can't take this immediate loss of $700, for a replacement hood--even if it was in stock and ready to be shipped. It's just financially, not possible. So, the next best thing to do, to satisfy the customer, is for the small business to first open a damage claim with the manfacturer before accepting the return. This process can sometimes take from weeks to months, depending on the resources available to process this request at the manufacturer. Following this (sometimes slow) process is probably the best solution for both parties--the customer gets the replacement hood, and the business doesn't have to assume a loss.

I think every customer who deals with aftermarket part businesses should realize these things before placing an order...

It appears as though CarbonLTD has been helping the upset customer to the best of its ability. Unfortunately, there are some customers who expect blood from a rock, and take things the wrong way. It's understandable, and the only thing a business can do is deal with it the best they can on a case by case basis.

I'm not saying that everything the customer has done is wrong and everything CarbonLTD has done is right, in this situation. The point I'm trying to make is that we all need to take a step back and understand the fundamental problems.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Just to make EVERYTHING clear.
1. I never ignored the OP. I stayed in contact with the OP for the duration of the last 3-4 weeks. Every e-mail was responded to in a timely matter. I missed his calls yesterday while at lunch, he left no message therefor I didn't know it was him. I responded to his e-mails (I posted them on page 6 of this thread), and I have no idea why he didn't receive them.

2. I was very upfront from the begining about the whole transaction. I told the OP I didn't have a replacement hood and that they were out of stock for a few weeks. I also mentioned that I would take care of the problem, but that the warranty would take some time to complete.

3. Once I received my replacement TS hood, it was set aside and the paperwork was completed on my end and sent to Seibon for finalizing. The paper work was finished today on Seibon's end.

4. The OP hood is being covered under Seibon warranty and is being picked up within a few days (working out the details with the carrier and Seibon).

I have done my best to please every single one of my customers but when there is problem like this one, it takes time to resolve. Not only does it suck for the customer but it also sucks for me. I have had 2 complaints on me in the past 2 years of doing business. I have taken care of both of those complaints with replacement parts, and everyone has been happy. It may have taken longer then anticipated by both myself and the customer, but I have always stuck by my word and pleased everyone. I hope that these situations that are out of my control, don't keep anyone from ordering from me. I stand by my products 100% and hope that we can keep being the #1 Seibon 350z seller.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 02-20-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Mazinger Z

To the OP: Don't worry - he took care of the other guy, he's going to take care of you. It's going to take time but just relax- you'll get a refund or a new hood.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least you didn't buy the "chip" that other vendor was selling
Old 02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
dbasal

Just to make EVERYTHING clear.
That clears everything up and that makes sense. Thanks for clearing it up. Seems like Seibon tries to make the process of returning a defective product incredibly painful for all involved. Maybe this is the norm in the automotive parts industry, but would certainly give me concern to order a Seibon product and I have been looking at them.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by sean1967
At least you didn't buy the "chip" that other vendor was selling

Old 02-20-2007, 05:23 PM
bofa

CarbonLTD comes through again! Nice work.

It sounds like Seibon continues to have quality issues. I know it's hard to demand more out of a manufacturer, especially when it's your bread-n-butter but you should start leaning on them a little.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
bofa

Originally Posted by dbasal
Why are you laughing? I heard that chip cures oil consumption....
Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by bofa
Why are you laughing? I heard that chip cures oil consumption....
I'll buy the whole lot!

I'm gonna be rich!

Quick Reply: CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us