Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by horse110
Can you press the hood down with your pinky like the previous member showed in his video? If you can't then I tihnk the hood is not too bad but it is a bit too wavy, mine is wavy too but yours is alot more wavy than mine.

funny thing is, he still installed it on his car and probably kept it on for a while as well. who is to say something did nto happen to it after the install? If it was faulty and thin, as the OP said it was ti would have never went on the car, but would have been sent back for exchange then, not one month later. that is what is totally baffeling to me. anytime i get stuff shipped i inspect it before the driver even leaves. if it is faulty (which has not happened to me yet) the driver would get it back as a refusal and contact made at that time.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:37 PM
grandmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drap660
Im being serious here... Do you think a month wait is inpatient?
1 month wait is long enough to get **** off, especially with $700 up front.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:43 PM
grandmaster

Hey if Jim would have told me it would take 2 months I would be fine but staright up avoiding me, not answering my emails, phone calls... Thats just wrong... then telling me there are no TS hoods in stock for 2 weeks when he is posting one for sale in the classifieds... Common
I would guess because no one can able to help him therefore he will have to put your probelm aside and not answer it. Mean while he is trying to make more business by posting for sales. That is what I can think of. I am wondering does JIM even check the hood him self before he ships it like other sponsors that i know or he doesn't even get to see the hood.

Last edited by grandmaster; 02-20-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:52 PM
grandmaster

Originally Posted by Diesel350z
Not that I wouldnt be mad too, but there are two sides to a story and when someone starts freaking out is bad as you are it seems you are a customer that cannot be pleased. Just stating my opinion based on experience. Ive have also been waiting for over a month for my kit, 1 month is not along time to wait at all. Furthermore to my knowledge his Seibon products are drop shipped and not straight from his warehouse. He may have never seen your hood in person.
Bingo, this is it. Does he even have warehouse? If he does then you won't even have this issue. Because he will catch it by looking at it first before the shipping.

Last edited by grandmaster; 02-20-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:59 PM
grandmaster

I would be more than happy to return the hood for a full refund and buy a Cf hood from someone else
You would be happy but will Jim be happy? That is what you will need to find out otherwise you won't get your money back, because in the business world everyone is getting pay if the chain has been broken then the process will be stop.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:04 PM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by Z04
funny thing is, he still installed it on his car and probably kept it on for a while as well. who is to say something did nto happen to it after the install? If it was faulty and thin, as the OP said it was ti would have never went on the car, but would have been sent back for exchange then, not one month later. that is what is totally baffeling to me. anytime i get stuff shipped i inspect it before the driver even leaves. if it is faulty (which has not happened to me yet) the driver would get it back as a refusal and contact made at that time.

ummm...re-read what happened? He contacted immediately and now it's a month later b/c he's waiting for something to be done about it. He didn't wait a month to complain?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:06 PM
hardrock905

Doesn't sound like a scam. Just another case of **** poor customer service IMO.
If Jim had another hood in stock as the OP stated, the hood should have been sent to the OP since he has already paid his bill. It shouldn't have been sold to somebody else.
And since when is $700 "cheap"?
Old 02-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Doesn't sound like a scam. Just another case of **** poor customer service IMO.
If Jim had another hood in stock as the OP stated, the hood should have been sent to the OP since he has already paid his bill. It shouldn't have been sold to somebody else.
And since when is $700 "cheap"?
I didn't have another hood in stock until mid-last week in which I set his aside until the paperwork could be filed and completed. It was never sold to somebody else, I still have it sitting here.

People who are chiming in about my customer service without actually purchasing from me have no right unless they have actually dealt with me. period.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:08 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

^ hmm looks like its still set aside waiting so whats the crying about?

Last edited by r0mey; 02-20-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

This thread is going on way too long.. I never thought 10 pages later this would still be going on....... OP had a dent in his hood or whatever(I agree its a bad hood)... Ok, OP shouted him out...... Jim got it, hes handling it.. Thats it.... Can the board move on pls..... Im sure well get a status on this soon......

Last edited by Jay'Z; 02-20-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:15 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Z04
ok, how is this crappy customer srevice??.
Because in both cases, it has required the posting of the complaint on an online forum to get CarbonLTD to remedy the situation.

Good customer service would mean we would never hear the story. CarbonLTD would have taken advice and started standing by the products he has sold, instead of always passing the blame on to the manufacturer.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:17 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
People who are chiming in about my customer service without actually purchasing from me have no right unless they have actually dealt with me. period.
single instance... I would say you have a point. However, a pattern is now showing itself.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:22 PM
oclor

Lets all remember that the OP said in the early pages of this thread that he jumped the gun on calling this a scam and he wanted the title changed.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:23 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Because in both cases, it has required the posting of the complaint on an online forum to get CarbonLTD to remedy the situation.

Good customer service would mean we would never hear the story. CarbonLTD would have taken advice and started standing by the products he has sold, instead of always passing the blame on to the manufacturer.
True that.
And a person doesn't have to purchase from a vendor to recognize poor customer service either.
The simple fact that two separte incidents had to be posted in the forums to get a response from Jim is proof enough IMO.
And when the vendor would rather run his mouth and cast insults instead of addressing the issue at hand is seriously wrong.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me it seems like Jim has been handling it all along. At least how it sounds to me from the previous emails posted
Old 02-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Z04

Originally Posted by SweetDreamZ
ummm...re-read what happened? He contacted immediately and now it's a month later b/c he's waiting for something to be done about it. He didn't wait a month to complain?

i was referring to the sending it back one month later, rather than install it then go "oops, this is messed up". i know he contacted immediately, but what i said was that would have been after i refused it. should have inspected it before even installing it is all i said. and from what i read, something has been done about it, but not fast enough for the OP. I am glad your situation got worked out good, but like was mentioned earlier, it may have been a bad batch of hoods from Seibon, and it sounds like Jim is trying to do his best to fix this.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:29 PM
pLacebo
The Eradicator

Because it was a manufacturing problem. The OP posted a string of communication with Carbon where Carbon clearly stated he was working on it and waiting on the mfr. He's obviously been working on it but doesn't have any control over Seibon and how quickly they move. I feel bad for the OP and the fact that he had to wait for a month for this to be resolved but IMO this is a result of bad customer service from Seibon and not Carbon. If Carbon ignored him from the get go then I'd say it's a scam or bad CS. But I'm sure Carbon wants to get this resolved as quickly as the OP.

I've never bought anything from Carbon but I wouldn't hesitate to in the future. He has a great iTrader history and a good standing on this forum.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by hardrock905
True that.
And a person doesn't have to purchase from a vendor to recognize poor customer service either.
The simple fact that two separte incidents had to be posted in the forums to get a response from Jim is proof enough IMO.
And when the vendor would rather run his mouth and cast insults instead of addressing the issue at hand is seriously wrong.
did you guys read the other case? It took 2 months before I was even told about the issue. I dont know any vendor who would take back a used part after 2 months, without questions asked.

I have had 2 complaints on me both about the same problem with the same hoods. The first hood Seibon wouldn't warranty as it took to long for the customer to file a claim. This one took 3-4 weeks to get the claim started and finished and for me to get more TS hoods in stock. Im sorry if that doesn't meet everyones deadlines, but its not like I planned on these hoods having issues. Once I received the replacement TS hood it took 5 business days to get the claimed finalized and paperwork completed.

I have been in contact with the OP for the past 3 weeks, but was out to lunch when he called yestrday so now my customer service is terrible? As much as some of the members here think, they dont know the whole story. Bottom line is I take care of all of my customers, sometimes claims take longer then you would like, but like many have said thats the nature of the beast.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:33 PM
grandmaster

Originally Posted by cubu
that hood is jacked, if some of u guys actually see the imperfections of the hood and are willing to pay 700$ and live with it, you deserve it

as for the vendor avoiding contact, promising something to happen and not make it happen, and giving people the run around, its BS, it doesn't matter what other people experienced with them, i had the something similar happen to me and people were flaming me because i was getting robbed by their booty buddy vendor and spoke out on the forums, its nice that you other guys had good experiences but this guy didn't, does he owe the vendor something for being nice to you while he's getting bent over?

Can't say anything better then this. Everyone has the right to say or to judge it but if you are the one with $700 lost then lets see your statement again. No matter how good the sellers are, favor alwasy next to the buyer. That is just the way it is until proven.

Last edited by grandmaster; 02-20-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:38 PM
n1k0n

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
No right? We comment on what we see(whats the point of a thread for ppl to discuss and comment) and what I see is not an example of good customer service(even after you replied). In my opinion good customer service would be to either refund money right away or offer different product(if you don't have same hood in stock offer different one or refund the money) not making customer wait. And all those explanations about about manufacture not being reachable and such is really not customers problem and shouldn't be brought up to them at all. But that just my opinion.

Big thanks to op! Threads like this save me from allot of headache quite a few times.

Quick Reply: CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us