Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Daniel, I hope you do not act like this toward others in real life. The messages you sent to Jim made you seem like a normal, rational guy, but you have been very abusive to the other forum members here, especially those that offered a differing point of view to yours. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:22 AM
drap660

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sq40
Daniel, I hope you do not act like this toward others in real life. The messages you sent to Jim made you seem like a normal, rational guy, but you have been very abusive to the other forum members here, especially those that offered a differing point of view to yours. You should be ashamed of yourself.
ashamed of myself... You are funny... Im out 700 dollars and am basically getting the run around and I should be ashamed of myself...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:23 AM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I have no idea what the company/dealer dynamic is like, the return process seems pretty straight-forward and structured, based on their terms of service.

Based on this, the appropriate action should have been for CarbonLTD to accept the return and to contact Seibon for a return form within the three days of receiving it. Does this sound correct?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:28 AM
pLacebo
The Eradicator

Sounds like Seibon is the one at fault here. From what I've read Jim has been in contact with you but seems to be at the mercy of the manufacturer. Seems that Seibon is the one not living up to their 3 day return policy.
zman1910

Drap660,

I am 100% with you on this. I can't believe that he was actually selling another hood while you had a defective one. I also can't believe that people are bashing you and calling you names, yet when you respond back to them..its wrong and your the one being an A$$. But hey thats what this site is all about.

Anyone who says that hood looks good basically knows nothing. I sincerely hope you get your refund and thanks very much for sharing your views with the company. I am actually shocked that the vendor wants you to sell the hood rather than take it back. I can't believe the vendor actually wants you to sell and scam someone else with same hood. That is just wrong. Doesn't anyone else find this disturbing? Deisel350, you better hope you don't get this guys hood..haha

I think you did everything right and making this thread is probably the only reason the vendor responded back. Some people choose to believe vendors over their customers, which is strange bc the customers don't have nearly as much to lose as the vendor does and the vendor will always react in a way to protect their business. We've seen customers on this forum that have been in the wrong as well, but the majority of drama is caused by fanboys. Just be thankful you didn't say anything about TN on this site and APS on the other. You would've been hunted down.

Anyways good luck with everything. I am also an "engineer" and rarely ever insert the chemical part when talking to a bunch of people that don't care about your occupation. I am now also a "doctor". I'll let everyone else guess what kind, since they care so much.
drap660

All Jim did was tell me not to post it up on the forums and that he would take care of me... Well here we are a month later and no hood or refund... i sent him another email now and PM to see if the "paperwork" that supposedly has taken 2 days for the hood was done
Old 02-20-2007, 11:30 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by pLacebo
Sounds like Seibon is the one at fault here. From what I've read Jim has been in contact with you but seems to be at the mercy of the manufacturer. Seems that Seibon is the one not living up to their 3 day return policy.

I bought the hood from Jim not seibon...He has to stand by what he sells... If the part is defective and he has another in stock he should have sent me the replacement hood and then taken it up wit seibon...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:33 AM
drap660

Originally Posted by zman1910
Drap660,

I am 100% with you on this. I can't believe that he was actually selling another hood while you had a defective one. I also can't believe that people are bashing you and calling you names, yet when you respond back to them..its wrong and your the one being an A$$. But hey thats what this site is all about.

Anyone who says that hood looks good basically knows nothing. I sincerely hope you get your refund and thanks very much for sharing your views with the company. I am actually shocked that the vendor wants you to sell the hood rather than take it back. I can't believe the vendor actually wants you to sell and scam someone else with same hood. That is just wrong. Doesn't anyone else find this disturbing? Deisel350, you better hope you don't get this guys hood..haha

I think you did everything right and making this thread is probably the only reason the vendor responded back. Some people choose to believe vendors over their customers, which is strange bc the customers don't have nearly as much to lose as the vendor does and the vendor will always react in a way to protect their business. We've seen customers on this forum that have been in the wrong as well, but the majority of drama is caused by fanboys. Just be thankful you didn't say anything about TN on this site and APS on the other. You would've been hunted down.

Anyways good luck with everything. I am also an "engineer" and rarely ever insert the chemical part when talking to a bunch of people that don't care about your occupation. I am now also a "doctor". I'll let everyone else guess what kind, since they care so much.
We need more people like you in this world... Rational and logical... These fanboys are pathetic
Old 02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
zman1910

Originally Posted by Freak
+1 i cant believe a grown man has *****ed for 8 pages. trust me n00b *****ing and whining in this thread will get you nowhere
Except he will now be getting another hood or refunded. He responded accordingly to what would have been a $700 loss as anyone would have IMO. He tried the nice route and it didn't work...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:36 AM
drap660

Except he will now be getting another hood or refunded. He responded accordingly to what would have been a $700 loss as anyone would have IMO. He tried the nice route and it didn't work...
Exactly... I was the nice guy for a month and that wasnt working for me...
Old 02-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drap660,

Lol, i didnt order a TS hood Ill guess what kind of doctor though....hmmmm PharmD?

I completely agree with all the name calling. I dont think it needed to be done at all.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:42 AM
zman1910

Originally Posted by Diesel350z
Lol, i didnt order a TS hood Ill guess what kind of doctor though....hmmmm PharmD?
haha....nope, nice try though
Old 02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Ghost 350z

damn I thought maybe:P Its what im going to school for and right now I work with a bunch of chemical engineers so i thought Id take a stab
Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look at my posts I actually agree with the OP.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't questioning whether he was one or not. In my experience people use the term "engineer" a little too loosely. When I was younger and worked at a Hotel Conference Center they would call their "engineers" to repair or fix things around the hotel. I'm not looking down my nose at people that do this type of work, BUT they're definitely not engineers.

BTW Chem E is definitelly one of the tougher engineering degrees to get. I'm a EE guy, but got into software engineering.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
SweetDreamZ

Originally Posted by Ghost_shift
Actually what it looks like is the carrier stacked another box on top of the hood box and caused the dent. Not a manufacture defect.

Ghost, nothin against you man, but that statement is absurd. CF isn't metal...a light dent is not gonna stay in it from shipping. I can press on my hood, and it deforms more, but when i stop pressing, it returns to it's naturally deformed state

I can relate to the issues the OP is having w/ this hood. I don't know ALL the details...but can remember how Jim was very responsive...as long as it was good. And then became slightly less responsive after some questioning arose. In the end, he did work with me to make it right...since I did take too long to notice it. But, the OP did do what was right as far as noticing the defect and reporting it immediately.

I've told Jim...the issue here, as has been said before, is that we, being the consumer, bought the item from him. Not from Seibon. When something isn't right, HE is the one who should rectify it, and then deal with Seibon directly to get the warrantly stuff taken care of. If the product is consistantly bad, then he'll stop selling it, or Seibon will actually do something about it.

I can also see why it's hard for him to do this since he is a small operation and fronting that kind of money can be difficult. I see both sides of the arguement, and hopefully this one will work out for the OP.

On a more macro-scale...Seibon really needs to take a look at their mold or something. 3 TS Hoods with massive dents in them in the first 2 months of the year. Not a good sign.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Time for this Thread to go Bye Bye.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Sean

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
scammer? Im anything but a scammer. ...... I offered to sell your hood on Ebay and pay any extra costs from the Ebay sale to the new hood (like we did with Austin's TS hood),

Old 02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
zman1910

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z

BTW Chem E is definitelly one of the tougher engineering degrees to get. I'm a EE guy, but got into software engineering.
ChemE is challenging, though EE is no joke either. I actually debated btw the two, but my father was ChemE and I figured I could continue the business. Guess it wouldn't have mattered either way.

Quick Reply: CARBONLTD (JIM) scams another one of us