Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Decision Made

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 AM
PrinceFemi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decision Made

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/265173-which-one-factory-nismo-z-loaded-grand-touring-cp-or-g37.html
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/265173-which-one-factory-nismo-z-loaded-grand-touring-cp-or-g37-2.html

Thank all of you for your comments. They all helped me out in one way or the other to make my decision.

I have decided to get a 07 Magnetic Black GT coupe. The dealer located one for me from a dealership in Houston, Texas, called them up to arrange a dealer trade and got no response. My dealer warned me about dealership in Texas, claiming that they didn’t like to trade but assured me that he would keep trying. A few days passed and still no word on when to come and pick up my new car so I called my dealer again and he told me the guys in Houston wont return his messages, talk less of making a deal for the car. I was very surprised because I thought that it was an automatic thing. You know, the "if one dealer has a car they all have it" kind of thing. I though it was just a matter of paying to get the car transported to your location.

In great disbelief and denial, I called the dealership in Houston myself and spoke to the Sales Manager. I initially asked for the GM but could not get him because he was in a meeting. To cut a long story short, the sales manager told me he didn’t return the calls of the GM at my dealership because he didn’t want to dealer-trade the car. He said he was aware that a loaded 07 GT coupe is pretty rare in the country right now and that he knows he can make a lot of money off of the vehicle if he sold it himself. I wondered "whatever happened to being a team player? Aren’t you guys supposed to be one great big Nissan family"? Hoping to coerce him into trading the vehicle I explained to him that I lived 2 states over and would appreciate if he traded the car to my dealership, he just chuckled and reaffirmed to me that his sole objective is to make money and it does nothing for him to trade the car to my dealership. He then offered to sell directly to me if I didn’t mind making the 360 mile trip to Houston. Even if I could make that trip I wouldn’t purchase it from his greedy a**. I do understand that all dealerships are in it to make money but the blatancy of this guy was disgusting and the fact that he wouldn’t trade a car to a colleague who is hundreds of miles away (not in his market) further disturbed me about him. What a greedy bastard!

The dealership is Baker-Jackson Nissan South. From what I have been able to gather Baker-Jackson is a huge dealership in Houston with a very robust inventory. Why would this guy hold on to one car as if the survivability of his dealership depended on the sale of this one vehicle? Beware of these people, money means everything to them and they are not team players. I bet you, over at their dealership they treat you like human excrement if you don’t purchase your car from them and then walk in there expecting first-class service to your vehicle

I have asked my dealership to order me one and I will wait patiently for my new car.

Once again thanks much for all of your comments. I really appreciated it.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:18 AM
GSoccer24

awesome choice, i know you'll love it and i'm very jealous, lol
Old 04-20-2007, 10:24 AM
I1DER

Great post. I admire you for waiting. You will be even more glad you did when you get a car that doesn't have the stigma of that dealership on it(unless they change their mind).
Old 04-20-2007, 10:43 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

Awesome!! Congrats on the car and kudos for your patience!! Great color choice too. Make sure to post some pics of your 07 baby when it arrives.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Great choice man! It's gonna be a beautiful freakin' car! I think you'll be better off getting it straight from the factory anyway. It will be your baby and you'll know that no one took it for a joyride at the stealership. I just ordered mine last month and am also patiently waiting. Tick...tick...tick... Good luck!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:26 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your getting what you want. Congrats.

But quit blaming the dealer in Texas for making a business decision. His job is to make money for his employer. Nothing wrong with what he did.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:29 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No congratulations until the keys are in your hand.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:07 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Baker Jackson South is where I purchased my 2006 from. I got a pretty good deal on it, but then again they are also the ones that "accidentally" remote started my car while it was in gear. I admit partially it was my fault for having that installed but then again I did advise my service rep not to push the "button" haha back to reality, after everything was fixed right at STERLING MCCALL (FTW) I've never once taken my car back to them! BURN BAKER JACKSON...BURNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
TK2005

Stupid dealer.....the nerve of some people, trying to make a living. I have been to Baker Jackson. They practically offer handjobs at the door. They go straight to invoice price without you even asking. This particular trim level may not but they usually do. You must not really want the car that bad if he offered to sell it to you and you turned it down. I guess you taught him a lesson.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:18 PM
PrinceFemi

Originally Posted by TK2005
Stupid dealer.....the nerve of some people, trying to make a living. I have been to Baker Jackson. They practically offer handjobs at the door. They go straight to invoice price without you even asking. This particular trim level may not but they usually do. You must not really want the car that bad if he offered to sell it to you and you turned it down. I guess you taught him a lesson.
I can wait. It's my money not his and I would rather have one off the truck anyway....I would have to drive 392 miles just to get to the dealership which i really don't feel like doing.

The guy just rubbed me wrong....Like I said earlier, all dealerships are in the game to make money. I just felt he was a little shaddy that's all. How much profit could he have made off of that one Z? It's not like it's a special edition/limited production model or something. It's just a GT Z with nav. The only reason why the car is somewhat rare is because dealers don't order too many of them due to high MSRP. They tend to sit on the lot because people haven't quite warmend up to paying that much for a Nissan car (I hope & pray for the GTR). If it were the limited production NISMO Z I would understand. I think there is probably a little more to the whole ordeal that meets the eye. Maybe there has been some bad blood between the two dealerships and he decided to hold the car to spite them. I dont know, but I do think he should have released the car if not for anything but for the sake of a potential customer.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:32 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

If I was that the dealer in Houston I wouldn't trade either. Why would you want to trade a car that can be sold with something that has a higher chance of getting stuck on the lot longer? Plus there's no such thing as Nissan dealerships working for the better of the "family" unless it's between two dealerships owned by the same company/owner. Each month Nissan only allows certain numbers of Zs to each dealerships. The shipment they get breaks down into the following:

1) Zs in the trim they requested which they may or may not get
2) A range of colors and trims they selected like second and third options
3) Zs they really didn't select but it's like a take it or leave it inventory.

And you're right. The combo you are asking is rare. Most dealers will load their lots with base models or lower trims to move. The Texas dealer is not making anything out of this trade. Why would he give up a sale to another dealership and/or loose one of his prize stock? Shaddy or not it's a business decision.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:41 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by PrinceFemi
I can wait. It's my money not his and I would rather have one off the truck anyway....I would have to drive 392 miles just to get to the dealership which i really don't feel like doing.

The guy just rubbed me wrong....Like I said earlier, all dealerships are in the game to make money. I just felt he was a little shaddy that's all. How much profit could he have made off of that one Z? It's not like it's a special edition/limited production model or something. It's just a GT Z with nav. The only reason why the car is somewhat rare is because dealers don't order too many of them due to high MSRP. They tend to sit on the lot because people haven't quite warmend up to paying that much for a Nissan car (I hope & pray for the GTR). If it were the limited production NISMO Z I would understand. I think there is probably a little more to the whole ordeal that meets the eye. Maybe there has been some bad blood between the two dealerships and he decided to hold the car to spite them. I dont know, but I do think he should have released the car if not for anything but for the sake of a potential customer.
I'm pretty sure if you pay for the car, he'll put it on a truck and send it to you. As far as how much profit....a few thousand dollars. Is that a big deal for one time.....no. What if he did that for a lot of cars......now it's a big loss. Houston dealers have a problem moving Zs like Toyota has a problem moving Camrys. Besides California, no one even has half as many Zs running around as TX.

Last edited by TK2005; 04-21-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 PM
PrinceFemi

I'm pretty sure if you pay for the car, he'll put it on a truck and send it to you. As far as how much profit....a few thousand dollars. Is that a big deal for one time.....no. What if he did that for a lot of cars......now it's a big loss. Houston dealers have a problem moving Zs like Toyota has a problem moving Camrys. Besides California, no one even has half as many Zs running around as TX.

You are right; he did offer to sell the car directly to me. I told him how far I was and that I had a 06 Z that I would like to trade for the 07 Z. I asked the Houston dealer over the phone what he would offer me on a trade-in for my car but he refused to give me a figure. He claimed his used car manager had to inspect my vehicle first. I told him my mileage, assured him my car was in perfect condition and asked him to give me a figure based on these criteria and he still declined. He said he simply could not do it. Now, I have traded a vehicle in this manner and I know it can be done in this way. It really depends on how much the dealer wants your business. When I purchased my 06 Z I traded a 05 Benz for it and most of the deal was done over the phone. The dealer offered me a deal based on my described condition of the car. He did stress that when I brought my car in they would conduct an inspection and if everything panned out like I had assured him, he would honor his phone offer. All went well, and the transaction was conducted. I tried to make such a deal with the Houston dealer but he refused to give me a figure. He stayed rigid insisting he must physically see my vehicle first. Now let’s say I got in my car, drove all the way down to Houston from Mississippi, and we could not come to an agreement on price, wouldn’t I look like a big fool? I would never put myself in such a vulnerable position on a business deal. Based on my short conversation with the Sales Manager, I know he would bend me over with no lube and give it to me extra-hard because he would assume that any man that can drive almost 400 miles for a car must be very desperate and will not want to go back home empty handed. This is not how you want to present yourself to a sales person that won’t dealer-trade a car and has stated to you several times in one short conversation that he is in it to make as much money as he can. This is why I have taken a patience pill. I will chill-out and just wait till my ordered car shows up.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:36 PM
blackstealthz

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265173
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265173&page=2

Thank all of you for your comments. They all helped me out in one way or the other to make my decision.

I have decided to get a 07 Magnetic Black GT coupe. The dealer located one for me from a dealership in Houston, Texas, called them up to arrange a dealer trade and got no response. My dealer warned me about dealership in Texas, claiming that they didn’t like to trade but assured me that he would keep trying. A few days passed and still no word on when to come and pick up my new car so I called my dealer again and he told me the guys in Houston wont return his messages, talk less of making a deal for the car. I was very surprised because I thought that it was an automatic thing. You know, the "if one dealer has a car they all have it" kind of thing. I though it was just a matter of paying to get the car transported to your location.

In great disbelief and denial, I called the dealership in Houston myself and spoke to the Sales Manager. I initially asked for the GM but could not get him because he was in a meeting. To cut a long story short, the sales manager told me he didn’t return the calls of the GM at my dealership because he didn’t want to dealer-trade the car. He said he was aware that a loaded 07 GT coupe is pretty rare in the country right now and that he knows he can make a lot of money off of the vehicle if he sold it himself. I wondered "whatever happened to being a team player? Aren’t you guys supposed to be one great big Nissan family"? Hoping to coerce him into trading the vehicle I explained to him that I lived 2 states over and would appreciate if he traded the car to my dealership, he just chuckled and reaffirmed to me that his sole objective is to make money and it does nothing for him to trade the car to my dealership. He then offered to sell directly to me if I didn’t mind making the 360 mile trip to Houston. Even if I could make that trip I wouldn’t purchase it from his greedy a**. I do understand that all dealerships are in it to make money but the blatancy of this guy was disgusting and the fact that he wouldn’t trade a car to a colleague who is hundreds of miles away (not in his market) further disturbed me about him. What a greedy bastard!

The dealership is Baker-Jackson Nissan South. From what I have been able to gather Baker-Jackson is a huge dealership in Houston with a very robust inventory. Why would this guy hold on to one car as if the survivability of his dealership depended on the sale of this one vehicle? Beware of these people, money means everything to them and they are not team players. I bet you, over at their dealership they treat you like human excrement if you don’t purchase your car from them and then walk in there expecting first-class service to your vehicle

I have asked my dealership to order me one and I will wait patiently for my new car.

Once again thanks much for all of your comments. I really appreciated it.

CONGRATS YOUR GONNA LOVE IT I LOVE MINE!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:26 PM
nismo*son

congrats!! PICS!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Skorch

You are right; he did offer to sell the car directly to me. I told him how far I was and that I had a 06 Z that I would like to trade for the 07 Z. I asked the Houston dealer over the phone what he would offer me on a trade-in for my car but he refused to give me a figure. He claimed his used car manager had to inspect my vehicle first. I told him my mileage, assured him my car was in perfect condition and asked him to give me a figure based on these criteria and he still declined. He said he simply could not do it. Now, I have traded a vehicle in this manner and I know it can be done in this way. It really depends on how much the dealer wants your business. When I purchased my 06 Z I traded a 05 Benz for it and most of the deal was done over the phone. The dealer offered me a deal based on my described condition of the car. He did stress that when I brought my car in they would conduct an inspection and if everything panned out like I had assured him, he would honor his phone offer. All went well, and the transaction was conducted. I tried to make such a deal with the Houston dealer but he refused to give me a figure. He stayed rigid insisting he must physically see my vehicle first. Now let’s say I got in my car, drove all the way down to Houston from Mississippi, and we could not come to an agreement on price, wouldn’t I look like a big fool? I would never put myself in such a vulnerable position on a business deal. Based on my short conversation with the Sales Manager, I know he would bend me over with no lube and give it to me extra-hard because he would assume that any man that can drive almost 400 miles for a car must be very desperate and will not want to go back home empty handed. This is not how you want to present yourself to a sales person that won’t dealer-trade a car and has stated to you several times in one short conversation that he is in it to make as much money as he can. This is why I have taken a patience pill. I will chill-out and just wait till my ordered car shows up.
I think you're absolutely right - if you drove all the way there the dealer would stick it to you hard based on the premise that you wouldn't want to have traveled for nothing. Ordering the car was the right thing to do, and you will appreciate it even more once you have it. Good luck!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:55 AM
i8acobra

Received 1,279 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Contact www.carsdirect.com. They'll find the exact car you want and either arrange for you to pick it up or arrange delivery. I've already bought two new cars from them ('01 Jeep Cherokee and an '04 Nissan Fronteir S/C Crew-Cab) and am now looking for my third ('07 Frontier SE Crew-Cab). Cool thing about them is that there's no negotiating. They give you the lowest price right from the get-go.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:03 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Houston dealers have a problem moving Zs like Toyota has a problem moving Camrys. Besides California, no one even has half as many Zs running around as TX.

I would agree with that. Z's and G's are everywhere and yet people are still buying them up. OP, I would just keep looking or wait. Even though I can see why the dealer won't trade for that car I agree that they'll probably try and stick it to ya if you buy from them.

Last edited by JDMFairladyZ33; 04-22-2007 at 07:05 AM.