What have you done for your Z today? - Page 760 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What have you done for your Z today?

Old 01-23-2019, 07:25 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thanked 1,490 Times in 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by knuckles899 View Post
I have less than a millimeter of space between the lower portion of the caliper and inside wheel area......Im concerned that even if I grind them I would need to remove a bunch of metal off of the caliper.....like quite a bit.

Is this what you ended up grinding? I found a thread on here with others that had the same problem.

Shaving/Trimming Akebono's
When I did my BBK (same) with 18" Enkei's (same) my driver front slightly grooved the barrel with red paint. Make sure you torque both wheel and caliper to spec before making adjustments/decisions. I chose to Dremmel-off about 1.5 mm from the caliper to prevent further interference, this correction and setup has been spotless since. Cannot see it with wheel on, GL!
The Following User Says Thank You to jhc For This Useful Post:
knuckles899 (01-23-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 09:36 AM
coletrickle74

Originally Posted by knuckles899 View Post
I have less than a millimeter of space between the lower portion of the caliper and inside wheel area......Im concerned that even if I grind them I would need to remove a bunch of metal off of the caliper.....like quite a bit.

Is this what you ended up grinding? I found a thread on here with others that had the same problem.

Shaving/Trimming Akebono's
Yep that's the exact spots and you do have to remove quite a bit of material. Its not noticable on the silver Infinity calipers. But you shouldn't see it from the outside anyways. I haven't had any flaking or chipping of the paint around where I dremeled yet either.
The Following User Says Thank You to coletrickle74 For This Useful Post:
knuckles899 (01-24-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 02:39 AM
zwei_the_c

Setting up my dyno tune with UpRev ARC with Specialty Z for all my bolt-ons and converting to full E85 with ID 1000cc injectors. I was told by my tuner that the stock pump will be adequate to handle the change.
Definitely going to post pictures of the baseline 91 dyno to tuned E85 dyno runs.

In the mean time, I bought a new exhaust set up, the Tanabe Medalion Concept G exhaust in response to the CA $1,000 fine on >95dB limits. The Tanabe exhausts is stated to be >93dB at all RPM range. Looking to buy a nice y-pipe like Tanabe or Stillen... hint hint. Besides, it was long due that the eBay HKS fakes go to the gutter. I feel ashamed to disrespect the HKS name. Maybe that why I never seem to get my hands on any HKS DDR.

Here's my botched picture I took. Angelus Oak, California.

The Following User Says Thank You to zwei_the_c For This Useful Post:
BigBlue (02-12-2019)
Old Yesterday, 01:18 AM
The Swede

Looking good zwei! Real good!

I've been running around on stock suspension for 3 years now and finally decided to do something about the horrendous wheel gap and body roll. Just ordered Bilstein B14s, SPL everything except toe bars (cuz dat oem coil), sway bars up next!

Edit: Woops, nope, the B14s were on back order til mid may, changed the order to B16s instead! What the heck, it's tax return season anyway!

Last edited by The Swede; Yesterday at 06:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Swede For This Useful Post:
zwei_the_c (Yesterday)
Old Today, 12:20 AM
zwei_the_c

You're going hard on the suspension game! Literally! Must be nice to have SPL products, but you get what you pay for. I went on your IG page, I made a comment on one of your post regarding the APR cooling plate. I am hoping you get back to me on that one. Get some differential struct brace from Bell Raceworks via Z1. Overall, looking to your pictures.

Meanwhile here in SoCal, on V-Day, I was driving to a flower store for my lady and then I hit a shallow flood which was anything but shallow and it caught on my rear diffuser and forcibly ripped my rear bumper off from my Z. This is the second incident that it happened. All caused by my diffuser, on my second one now. My Z is siting in the garage with that damage. I'm going to go in to see what I can do but I'm reconsidering my options. As maybe I should look into a Nismo rear bumper... I found a full carbon fiber Nismo rear end for $700...
Old Today, 06:52 AM
mr. sparco

Originally Posted by zwei_the_c View Post
I was driving to a flower store for my lady and then I hit a shallow flood which was anything but shallow and it caught on my rear diffuser and forcibly ripped my rear bumper off from my Z.
My front splitter and undershroud got pulled off in an unexpectedly deep flooded area.
The Following User Says Thank You to mr. sparco For This Useful Post:
zwei_the_c (Today)
Old Today, 10:58 AM
fflipski

Originally Posted by mr. sparco View Post
My front splitter and undershroud got pulled off in an unexpectedly deep flooded area.
I liv at the end of a gravel road that was flooded multiple times. I had to fiberglass my front lip/undershroud twice already. It was a carbon fiber one originally. Now it looks and weights more like fiberglass 😃