Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^^Baller loanshark? He will soon learn that you should only "loan" money to "close friends" that you can afford to give away. BTW, what is "well over"? An estimation?
And at that age I was in Navy bootcamp, followed by 4 years of subsidized travel around the world. Didn't pay much but I came out of it with money in the bank anyway. Wasn't a baller with a Z though.

Last edited by PerfZ; 04-28-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by perfz
^^^^^baller loanshark? He will soon learn that you should only "loan" money to "close friends" that you can afford to give away. Btw, what is "well over"? An estimation?
Old 04-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Glocken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1GR8350Z
Please explain what you mean here.
These close people are people I trust with my life. I've loaned it to these people because they were in their own crisis. I am no where near a baller. I've been working my *** off since age 17 in legal and illegal activities and just kept money in case worse comes to worse.

I sum it at $27,000 because I only count in zeros when money goes into those digits; so in actuallity it would be more than that provided #, so yes it somewhat is an estimation.

And in due time I will recieve my money back. I consider my aid to be more of a bond like you would get from the government or somewhat and not what you view as a "loan shark". I was able to do this because of the fact that I basically stockpiled as much money as I could without the actually needing such large sums for usage. Growing up poor only made me strive more in obtaining as much money as I could.

Secondly in no way would I ever loan high digit #'s to people which I do not highly trust; and I am a person with trust issues.

Lastly, I just priortize properly to achieve what I want. As of now I'm in college and still busting my ***, but yes with the loaned money I very well do not have 5 digits in my possession anymore.

And like I said if you want to make money you make money, end of story.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:52 PM
FineWine

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glocken
These close people are people I trust with my life. I've loaned it to these people because they were in their own crisis. I am no where near a baller. I've been working my *** off since age 17 in legal and illegal activities and just kept money in case worse comes to worse.

I sum it at $27,000 because I only count in zeros when money goes into those digits; so in actuallity it would be more than that provided #, so yes it somewhat is an estimation.

And in due time I will recieve my money back. I consider my aid to be more of a bond like you would get from the government or somewhat and not what you view as a "loan shark". I was able to do this because of the fact that I basically stockpiled as much money as I could without the actually needing such large sums for usage. Growing up poor only made me strive more in obtaining as much money as I could.

Secondly in no way would I ever loan high digit #'s to people which I do not highly trust; and I am a person with trust issues.

Lastly, I just priortize properly to achieve what I want. As of now I'm in college and still busting my ***, but yes with the loaned money I very well do not have 5 digits in my possession anymore.

wait, you loaned $27,000 out to friends, and not only do you genuinely think you'll get it back (and have the same power to take it back as the government), but use that as evidence of how well off you are?

I'm sure you're a great guy for doing that, though...seriously.

Last edited by FineWine; 04-28-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:00 PM
1GR8350Z

At first it sounded like an embezzlement scheme as I assumed you were some kind of loan officer, but now it just sounds like you're were a dope dealer or worse. Whatever works for you. Glad to hear you are in college hopefully trying to do things right now.GL getting your money back

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 04-28-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:02 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by colin8868
I didn't lie lmao, It was 1,000 a week cash, which worked out to 30 an hour. I was running a ****ing business managing 8 other drivers... and doing my own route... I think that's worth atleast 52k a year??
The business your dad owns is a vending machine company right? Correct me if I am wrong, but in "running" a business like that isn't your primary responsibility to collect money and make sure the machines are stocked with enough Chili Cheese Fritos? Maybe I am missing something.

And no you don't manage route delivery people. All you do is babysit them. Managing someone entails that you coach, mentor and educate them. When you manage someone you develop their skill sets that enable them to be successful. Your dad's employees are drivers. I could train a monkey to do their (and your) job.

So unless there is more to your dad's business than you have informed us of, it basically runs itself. Drive, take coins, stock and repeat. Sounds like you are the typical kid who tries to embellish their life.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

another gross exaggeration by teens to try and make themselves look somewhat important... I never saw that coming.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Glocken

At first it sounded like an embezzlement scheme as I assumed you were some kind of loan officer, but now it just sounds like you're were a dope dealer or worse. Whatever works for you. Glad to hear you are in college hopefully trying to do things right now.GL getting your money back
I never lost sight of what I was going to do, I was always fully aware of what I was doing and had always planned on finishing High School and going straight to College.

It had nothing to do with drugs and I in no way would do something with minimal payout with high risks. I won't go into specifics but in general I'm not a stupid person. I always think before I go on with doing something especially if I could get in trouble.

When it comes down to making money with me, I am not a gambling type as luck has never been with me. All it is is good planning, good follow through and taking good opportunities. You can view it as somewhat like a self fulfilling prophecy or the placebo effect. If I were to ever encounter such opportunities again I would not hesitate to do so provided the circumstances were similiar. All and all it just comes down to how self disciplined someone is and learning how to keep things secretive.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

I never lost sight of what I was going to do, I was always fully aware of what I was doing and had always planned on finishing High School and going straight to College.

It had nothing to do with drugs and I in no way would do something with minimal payout with high risks. I won't go into specifics but in general I'm not a stupid person. I always think before I go on with doing something especially if I could get in trouble.

When it comes down to making money with me, I am not a gambling type as luck has never been with me. All it is is good planning, good follow through and taking good opportunities. You can view it as somewhat like a self fulfilling prophecy or the placebo effect. If I were to ever encounter such opportunities again I would not hesitate to do so provided the circumstances were similiar. All and all it just comes down to how self disciplined someone is and learning how to keep things secretive.

The placebo effect? WTF are you talking about? Or are you typing out of your ***?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:37 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by JEKL
The business your dad owns is a vending machine company right? Correct me if I am wrong, but in "running" a business like that isn't your primary responsibility to collect money and make sure the machines are stocked with enough Chili Cheese Fritos? Maybe I am missing something.

And no you don't manage route delivery people. All you do is babysit them. Managing someone entails that you coach, mentor and educate them. When you manage someone you develop their skill sets that enable them to be successful. Your dad's employees are drivers. I could train a monkey to do their (and your) job.

So unless there is more to your dad's business than you have informed us of, it basically runs itself. Drive, take coins, stock and repeat. Sounds like you are the typical kid who tries to embellish their life.
+10000.

Colin, how much do these drivers make? I am going to guess they make decent to the point that they can't go to Burger King and make more. My point is that they have a gravy train job and most of them are not going to jeapordize that.
How many fights have you had to break up? How many times a day do you get to hear complaning about the rate of pay, then have to convince them to go out and give you 100%? How many really good employeess do you have to convince not to leave and work at minimum wage while doing a job that is worth much more while you are knowing they will be advanced eventually and it will be worth their while. The company is just slow about doing it. Most people dont have patience. How many employees do you deal with that don't really need the job and just work as a cover? Imagine having to convince a man that knocks down 1500 a day selling dope to bust his a$$ for minimum wage while at the same time trying to convince him to leave that life behind before its too late. Have you ever had to fire someone that has 3 kids at home already struggling? Not a good feeling. Keep in mind that even though your dad was in the hospital, he was there to answer any question you had or tell you how to handle things. You weren't making all of the decisions necessary to keep that company running. You had someone to turn too.

How many of your employees have you helped to better themselves in any way. Its as much about preparing for their next step in life and providing with the necessary tool so that they can go on past the level they are at now as it is giving orders.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 04-28-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:39 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
The placebo effect? WTF are you talking about? Or are you typing out of your ***?
He must be suffering from the tire iron effect.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Glocken

He must be suffering from the tire iron effect.
Maybe that was a bad terminology on my part. But I was trying to make a comparable connection. Just trying to say how if you believe in whatever (something humanly possible not some hippie dippie ish) it can happen. Typing without much thorough thinking does that
Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
PerfZ

And like I said if you want to make money [I]pimp youself], end of story.

You DO realize"The Sopranos" is not really reality TV, correct?

Do they get to estimate how much they pay you back? I didn't count zeros when I filed my taxes this year but I am sure the IRS will accept my rounding.
Trust me, your trust issues are going to get worse.

You say that like 5 digits is some kind of magic figure. WTF is 5 digits? In your case I'm guessing $199.99.

Fixed - See Hraes, maybe he will add you to his stable
Old 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
marhot

I won't go into specifics but in general I'm not a stupid person. I always think before I go on with doing something especially if I could get in trouble.
....and illegal activities...
You're contradicting yourself. Illegal activities are always stupid activities. Especially when money is involved.

Period.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:31 PM
PerfZ

Nice to hear you kept your eye on the prize even at that young age. Set your sights low enough and you'll never be disappointed. (with credit to the original author)
Old 04-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Glocken

Originally Posted by PerfZ
[/COLOR]

You DO realize"The Sopranos" is not really reality TV, correct?

Do they get to estimate how much they pay you back? I didn't count zeros when I filed my taxes this year but I am sure the IRS will accept my rounding.
Trust me, your trust issues are going to get worse.

You say that like 5 digits is some kind of magic figure. WTF is 5 digits? In your case I'm guessing $199.99.

Fixed - See Hraes, maybe he will add you to his stable
I'm not going to argue with you, you can believe what you want. People I see everyday don't know many of the things I keep to myself. Being that no one knows who I am and this is the interwebs, I don't care what I write down for random people; was just trying to state my belief because of so much disbelief and hate lurking around. As for the show, I've never even watched it as I don't watch much tv as I all care for is making my money, my school work, and the binge drinking with friends every now and then.

Also, like I said before, I trust these certain people with my life. Therefore my money will be returned and I will not be losing what I have lent because I don't know the exact amounts.

I already know my trust issues are bad because as long as I have lived the only female I trust is my mother. Every other female I view as kitchen, cook, clean, stfu; however I wouldn't balantly disclose this to them. There are also such a limited amount of people I trust and even they do not know everything that I hide. I have certain morals and I place loyalty at the highest standard in whom I would ever affliate my money with and henceforth the loans.

As for the 5 digits, I would assumed common sense would have taken over if one were to have read what I have been writing. However I've been responding to 1gr8 as he was the only one speaking to me.

Lastly, I don't troll this forum enough to comprehend what Hraes's stable is.

Oh, and you must of not never felt what incentive being poor is or else you wouldn't be questioning why I say that if you want make money you make it (also not saying I am not rich by any means).
Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Glocken

Originally Posted by PerfZ
Nice to hear you kept your eye on the prize even at that young age. Set your sights low enough and you'll never be disappointed. (with credit to the original author)
I've always said that to people when I was in high school as a reason to not caring about grades and tests. With that said, my grades were pretty bad but my state tests were always in the top %tiles. Even my SATs were better than average.

However I never held myself to that or else I would not of been in College maybe a community one.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
KBurn

Originally Posted by FineWine
What did you do to save up $11,000 in 2 years as a teenager?

Serious question.

Second question:

Why would you be so great with money, and then spend 3-4 years of savings on a car that you need a loan for?

also a serious question.
I worked at a restaurant making $18 an hour. I also bought 3 pre-built cars, 73 383 nova, 02 347 stroker foxbody, 00 pre runner built ranger, and parted all the aftermarket parts out. I then returned them to stock and sold them for more than i bought them for. After moving on from all those cars i was left with about 11k in the bank for my down payment.

I like to enjoy myself, i dont spend money on things besides my cars so why do you care? I still make enough to live comfortably and not worry about my bills. I dont have my own place but i live 4 miles away from my college so why not just stay at home.

I paid for my 4x4 suzuki samurai cash and only owe 9k on my Z. In a few years ill have 2 cars paid off, one for the street and one for dirt. Im very happy with my financial decisions. although it has set me back a little bit i enjoy what ive spent my money on.

Last edited by KBurn; 04-28-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Moncada90
Banned

What you see here is very watered down. Do you feel like a bad a$$ when you say the exact same thing I did? Try managing a department with 90 employess under you and then tell me about respect. Be careful not to fall, bad a$$.
well, i'm one of the floor supervisor where i work, i manage 12 people and im only 19, some of those people are older then me and i get respect form real people in real life. Its not about being a bad *** and say stupid comments to feel like a bad *** with people you don't even know. and where do you work again? so you say all day those disgusting gay low comments and u get respect?

that Tel's me something!! u get no respect in real life, not even in your house thats why u are online 24/7 talking **** here. very nice keep it up, now i do understand, trying to manage a department with 90 employes and not getting respect it must be frustrating.

My wife loves it when I talk about hot tire iron sodomy.
well, a 31 year old loser kid, who is obsessed with *** holes, what kind of wife can u get?

Last edited by Moncada90; 04-28-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:04 PM
BloodRedZ

I'm not going to argue with you, you can believe what you want. People I see everyday don't know many of the things I keep to myself. Being that no one knows who I am and this is the interwebs, I don't care what I write down for random people; was just trying to state my belief because of so much disbelief and hate lurking around. As for the show, I've never even watched it as I don't watch much tv as I all care for is making my money, my school work, and the binge drinking with friends every now and then.

Also, like I said before, I trust these certain people with my life. Therefore my money will be returned and I will not be losing what I have lent because I don't know the exact amounts.

I already know my trust issues are bad because as long as I have lived the only female I trust is my mother. Every other female I view as kitchen, cook, clean, stfu; however I wouldn't balantly disclose this to them. There are also such a limited amount of people I trust and even they do not know everything that I hide. I have certain morals and I place loyalty at the highest standard in whom I would ever affliate my money with and henceforth the loans.

As for the 5 digits, I would assumed common sense would have taken over if one were to have read what I have been writing. However I've been responding to 1gr8 as he was the only one speaking to me.

Lastly, I don't troll this forum enough to comprehend what Hraes's stable is.

Oh, and you must of not never felt what incentive being poor is or else you wouldn't be questioning why I say that if you want make money you make it (also not saying I am not rich by any means).
The happiness comes from making the money not having the money itself. The more you make the more you want. I understand you, seeing as how I am in sales. I just don't understand why you're trying to force who you are and what you do on these people who obviously don't care. You're kinda starting to come off as a fraud. Men who really make money don't have time trying to prove to others that they have it. I've met alot of people like you, they are flashy and want everyone to know that they like to make money. People like you break easily.

Last edited by BloodRedZ; 04-28-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...