Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCSnEaK
It's going to take todays youth 20 years, instead of 10, to realize how moronic they were. I blame their parents and the idiot box.
Originally Posted by importroller
+1million...Parents don't disciple and teach anymore. They leave it up to the TV and interwebz to teach the kid everything. Too many kids don't even know how to socialize with other people too well becuase they are always in the house watching TV, playing video games, or online with very little true human to human interaction that you get when you we would have been outside playing. Playing teaches you many skills on how to handle yourself in certain situations.
totally agree with you both.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:44 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant believe this thread is still going........sorry old guy post.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Njyearego

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my Z! this is my second car ( had a 1998 mustang v6) was nothing special, however i just got my Z last week, im 18 years old going to school and what ever days i have off school, i work to pay for my Z... i would think people would be happy for me, and welcome a new Z owner to the family. am i wrong?? what is the REAL reason it is so unholy for me to have a 350z at my age?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 PM

At age 18

2000 Acura TL Sedan ( Garage )
1996 Integra Sedan ( Sold )
1997 Kouki 240SX S14 ( Current )

Almost 21 now.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:57 PM
1GR8350Z

Originally Posted by Njyearego
Just got my Z! this is my second car ( had a 1998 mustang v6) was nothing special, however i just got my Z last week, im 18 years old going to school and what ever days i have off school, i work to pay for my Z... i would think people would be happy for me, and welcome a new Z owner to the family. am i wrong?? what is the REAL reason it is so unholy for me to have a 350z at my age?
Humor me. WTF do you think is the REAL reason?

BTW,I promise you that no one envys you for spending your entire little paycheck on your car that your parents probably had to help you get and are almost gauranteed to be paying the insurance along with all off your other living expenses.

How did you get the Mustang and what is your favorite farm animal?

Now here's where you try to convince me that you are the exception and actually paid for your Z by yourself and that your parents help you with nothing.

Last edited by 1GR8350Z; 11-07-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:21 PM
shaddy-z.

Why does anybody care what age we get the car? I'm not saying us younger kids know more. I'm on the forum to learn from you guys. The older guys know so much more than I do. And I go to meets to learn from everybody, because maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to pass on my knowledge that I have pertained through you guys. Why can't we just appreciate the years of architecture that has gone to produce the car we all love to drive? All the older guys that complain, anybody that complains, are pathetic.Point blank period.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by Shaddy-Z.
Why does anybody care what age we get the car? I'm not saying us younger kids know more. I'm on the forum to learn from you guys. The older guys know so much more than I do. And I go to meets to learn from everybody, because maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to pass on my knowledge that I have pertained through you guys. Why can't we just appreciate the years of architecture that has gone to produce the car we all love to drive? All the older guys that complain, anybody that complains, are pathetic.Point blank period.
You, like many others, are missing the point of this thread.

Also, if you're here to learn about the vehicle, what made you come into this thread??

I question your motives... but if you really want to learn, let others do the talking. Your post is counter-productive, if you're sincere.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All the older guys that complain, anybody that complains, are pathetic.Point blank period.
What about the younger guys that complain?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:23 AM
1GR8350Z

Are you phucking serious? Take that group hug **** and sit on it and spin. Let's all be a happy community. ***** that, pwning you kiddies is too much fun.

Hell, I don't complain at all when an idiot comes in here to post. It always makes for good entertainment after you have read everything about a car over and over again.

Originally Posted by Spork
I think he fall into the "crying like a little bioth" category
Old 11-08-2010, 08:44 AM
gidiup

Originally Posted by Njyearego
Just got my Z!
Bust out the cookies.. What hold it.. Nobody cares

this is my second car ( had a 1998 mustang v6)
So you wrecked the mustang? Around a tree.. Let me guess, not your fault.

im 18 years old going to school and what ever days i have off school, i work to pay for my Z
Do you work on a cow farm? Or chicken?

would think people would be happy for me, and welcome a new Z owner to the family. am i wrong??
Why would we be.... You giving us all rides. Hurray... Junior is giving free rides in his car. Thanks Junior. Let me bring my Z over so you can give me a ride in your Z.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:31 AM
gidiup

Dam Slim... You just go called a whiny bioth.

So come on...Cletis. Prove to us that you don't whine.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:34 AM
gidiup

He may be young but he's mature beyond his years.

He can stay out late when he goes to meets.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:34 PM
pcressey

This thread is amazing... a few words can describe what it has become: bitter, insecure, jealous, immature, pathetic.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^^^^^You totally miss the point of this thread. That is all.....
Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Spork

Originally Posted by gidiup
He may be young but he's mature beyond his years.

He can stay out late when he goes to meets.
I meant people like me.

I'm definitely not "old," but I complain a lot.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Spork

Originally Posted by pcressey
This thread is amazing... a few words can describe what it has become: bitter, insecure, jealous, immature, pathetic.
How's the Stillen supercharger? Able to break 300 rwhp yet?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:08 PM
gidiup

I meant people like me.

I'm definitely not "old," but I complain a lot.

I complain a lot too. Comes with age.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:16 PM
shimmy1993

Thumbs up

you guys can complain when z's arent 10-15k and every teenager wit a reasonable well paid job and/or a parent to hep them can afford it. NOW it be a different story if you ***** abt a 370z or a GT-R being owned by a lil kid while your old *** can barely afford....i rest my case. can we stop this argument now?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Strollo22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok... So I get the point of this thread. About children being spoiled more-so these days then ever. But to group "17 year olds" or young kids into one category is asanine. I myself am 23 years old and just recently purchased an 08' 350z with my own money, pay my own insurance and rent. Is it my fault that i happened to be fortunate enough to walk into a well paying job? No, but I do work my *** off and if I want to buy something I can enjoy on my weekends off, what does age have to with it? As long as you know where you came from, and you handle all of your priorities, what's wrong with rewarding yourself?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:24 PM
shaddy-z.

This is clearly why I said "anybody that complains" after the first comma. And I just came to this thread because it irritates me a little that people are complaining. Why put somebody else down just because they got something before you did? That's like saying the kid down the street got an awesome Huffy bicycle for his birthday but you have nothing. It's funny you're arguing with me though. I'll ignore your comments towards me. I'm not gonna stoop down to your level to try and tear you down. Arguing over the internet is pathetic. The point of this thread was the share opinions about 17 year olds getting a Z. Not to tear them down. Nice try though. Better luck next time!

Quick Reply: This pertains to the "17 year olds getting Z's" debate...