Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Proof! - please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Dragonbreath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read through the thread lol. It funny. Make me laugh.

Anyway, OP you seem like a level headed guy. You are taking the flaming in stride and not getting butt hurt. +1 in my book. I am a young guy myself (22) but let me assure you, be careful. I know that you think you are a safe driver, but from first hand observation and experience, teenagers dont do the smartest things when driving sports cars. The mind of a teenager doesnt quite work the same as an older adult. Im not trying to pat myself on the back seeing how I am just a few years older however I am very responsible due to my observations of the effects of wreckless driving. Im not saying you are inept, you could be one of the extremely small percentage of teenagers that actually had good parents and are responsible and rational. Im not flaming just trying to inform you. Please be responsible

Now hellsoldiers08, I hate to be the one to inform you on this, and I know it will be hard to believe, but the "aka older guys" could give a damn about you having the same car as them. You see these guys actually have things worth of value, such as a home and family. Im going to say that 9/10 of them could afford a much more expensive car. I hope you know that the 350z is only around 20k now; and that would be a low mileage 08. I do well for myself and could afford a more expensive car (370z ish price range) but choose not to because like everyone else, I would like to save/spend my money more wisely. At the end of the day its just a car. Unfortunately arguing with younger people (most of the time ignorant due to lack of life experience) is just like arguing politics. It doesnt matter what anyone says to you, you are right despite evidence showing otherwise.

Like I said earlier Im not trying to say at all that I am better than any other 22 yr old or younger, I just listen to what older people have to say and have been on the receiving end of alot of younger ignorance, and have learned from that.

Last edited by Dragonbreath; 11-18-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:19 AM
NewJoyZ

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
I'm not sure I even know what you just said, but I'm at work and bored so what the hell;

Are you saying the Dad pays for the insurance to have some control of his son, and at the same time teach him some kind of lesson?

The rims aren't going to make his car any more dangerous than it already is to an inexperienced 17 yr. old driver, so just the fact he bought his kid a rwd sports car takes any control away from him.

And what lesson could he possibly be teaching his child by paying for his insurance?? Furthermore, why pay insurance on a rwd sportscar?? Why not something a little more practical and safe? I realize OP feels he has years of driving under his belt (thus the "best driver in all the land" idiocy) but to introduce a rwd sports car to a 17 yr. old is quite possibly the most irresponsible thing a parent could do in terms of teenage driving.

How old are you, btw?

EDIT: nevermind, just saw you are 21...
Billsrcursed = 1
hellsoldier = -5

Yes. Points get deducted for rambling on about literally nothing. I couldnt even make logical sense of your argument.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:37 AM
SLIdEwAyZ25

Originally Posted by johnrojo
Out of curiosity, what tires are you running on the 20s? (brand)
i run falken 452's. honestly i don't like them at all.

The only reason for me sticking with them is because i have my car set up for them and don't feel like doing all the work i did again just to get it back to were it is now but you can find nitto's and federals for $100

thats the basic layout of the my car with 20's
doesn't look to bad in my openion. but then again it is mine
Attached Thumbnails Proof! - please!-004.jpg   Proof! - please!-005.jpg  
Old 11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
johnrojo

Originally Posted by SLIdEwAyZ25
i run falken 452's. honestly i don't like them at all.

The only reason for me sticking with them is because i have my car set up for them and don't feel like doing all the work i did again just to get it back to were it is now but you can find nitto's and federals for $100

thats the basic layout of the my car with 20's
doesn't look to bad in my openion. but then again it is mine
The question was directed towards the op. Typically the cheap wheel/tire combos sold at shops include extremely crappy tires. I've seen numerous people get no more then a couple hundred miles out of such tires. Whether it is knots, high-spots, or just plain noisy, they are bound to give you problems later on down the road.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:29 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by NewJoyZ
Billsrcursed = 1
hellsoldier = -5

Yes. Points get deducted for rambling on about literally nothing. I couldnt even make logical sense of your argument.

You couldn't make sense of his dad being irresponsible??? Let me guess, dubs fan? 18yr old?
Old 11-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Corbic

Get a job, buy whatever the hell you want and stop being a spoiled baby.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:33 AM
NewJoyZ

Originally Posted by billsrcursed
You couldn't make sense of his dad being irresponsible??? Let me guess, dubs fan? 18yr old?
Nailed it. I don't know if you misunderstood my post, but I agreed with you......

I cant make sense of hellsoldier's claim that by having his father pay some of the insurance on a car that his son is fortunate enough to have, instills power within the relationship. Parenting is not a popularity contest. Sometimes children are going to have to do things parents want, even if they don't want to. Im pretty sure without the fathers help in said case, the son wouldn't be able to even dream about his Z. Maybe thats just the values I was raised on.

Last edited by NewJoyZ; 11-21-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
billsrcursed

Originally Posted by NewJoyZ
Nailed it. I don't know if you misunderstood my post, but I agreed with you......

I cant make sense of hellsoldier's claim that by having his father pay some of the insurance on a car that his son is fortunate enough to have, instills power within the relationship. Parenting is not a popularity contest. Sometimes children are going to have to do things parents want, even if they don't want to. Im pretty sure without the fathers help in said case, the son wouldn't be able to even dream about his Z. Maybe thats just the values I was raised on.
Whoops, you said -5, I missed the negative sign.

I fail at numbers....
Old 11-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cut the umbilical cord.

who gets 20's?

Drop it, twas the best thing i ever did.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:50 PM
drakeisola

Originally Posted by johnrojo
Out of curiosity, what tires are you running on the 20s? (brand)
falkens
Originally Posted by Corbic
Get a job, buy whatever the hell you want and stop being a spoiled baby.
i bought my own 350z, so hop off my dick butt trumpet.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Count Driftula

*sitting at my cubicle at work w/ popcorn reading this awesome piece of entertainment FTMFW

Sorry OP, but one day you will understand our point of view... until then the flame is on

Path to redemption:
throw those 20's in the garbage, spend your money on performance driving schools