Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove my first 350z (revised)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:09 PM
boostedmazda3
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The HR has a 50hp advantage over the speed3 stock for stock. 50 hp advantage STOCK and still has trouble keeping up with a tuned mazdaspeed3? Of course a 350z hr isnt slow exactly. However, all this stems from some dumb *** saying that a mazdapseed3 cant keep up with a Z. From a roll it was a close race with a bolted HR until i got a downpipe and tune then it was over.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Slyguy_38

Originally Posted by Scott C
I still think the HT's are better looking but I'd rather drive a convertible. Either way you're going to love it when you find the right car.
Same thing happened to me. I think the coupe looks better than the roadster with it's top up and it's just a matter of taste when the top is down. I enjoy the freedom of a roadster. One of the best things about the 350Z is the sound of the exhaust and it's amazing with a roadster. Even better with a 6MT. Finding a well taken care of model and you'll be thrilled.

I'll always have a Z. I'm hooked and there's no turning back...

Ryan
Attached Thumbnails Drove my first 350z (revised)-both-zs4-safe-and-small-.jpg  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 PM
lewisb01

I'm the OP and it was JOKER that started this stupid Z vs MS3 war.

I'm a former 07 MS3 owner, I owned it for 4 years longest I've ever owned a car because I loved it! I got rid of it because the kids out grew it as my DD.

Both are great cars doesn't matter if you have a DE or HR Z both look hot and the speed3 well I wont lie even though I beat stock Z's when I had my MS3 I couldn't deny how good they look, hence is why I want a 350z now.

Originally Posted by boostedmazda3
The HR has a 50hp advantage over the speed3 stock for stock. 50 hp advantage STOCK and still has trouble keeping up with a tuned mazdaspeed3? Of course a 350z hr isnt slow exactly. However, all this stems from some dumb *** saying that a mazdapseed3 cant keep up with a Z. From a roll it was a close race with a bolted HR until i got a downpipe and tune then it was over.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 PM
J 0 K 3 R

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt start anything i just said stock vs stock the mazda 3speed is gay.

you were very passive aggressive in your first post.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Jseams

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R

... and you have a gape that would make the Castro proud.

It's understandable that you don't know **** about the MS3 - it's not your platform and not everybody is a true enthusiast. However, not knowing **** about your OWN platform is a joke. People like you get flamed and booted from msf.org faster than you can imagine.

Anyhow, I like Z's - I think they look awesome and although it takes more money than I think it's worth they can be made fast. I respect the car and the platform and just get irritated at folks that seem to get so zoned on what they drive that all they can do is talk smack about something they know nothing about.

Anyhow, here is a vid of your super car.... vs a MS3. enjoy.

Last edited by Jseams; 04-05-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 PM
lewisb01

My first post was an honest opinion of what I now know was a ragged out 350Z. My new thread today gave me a completely different outlook on the Z and that's why I'm still in the market for one.

Originally Posted by J 0 K 3 R

Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Jseams

and for you doubters, here is the same roll race from the GTR's own cameras. GTR wasn't stock - tuned and a few mods. Enjoy.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 PM
lewisb01

Oh wow! Dude in the GTR should feel real dumb getting owned by the MS3. Guy was thinking "I spent $90k+ and I got owned by that thing" LOL!

Originally Posted by Jseams
... and you have a gape that would make the Castro proud.

It's understandable that you don't know **** about the MS3 - it's not your platform and not everybody is a true enthusiast. However, not knowing **** about your OWN platform is a joke. People like you get flamed and booted from msf.org faster than you can imagine.

Anyhow, I like Z's - I think they look awesome and although it takes more money than I think it's worth they can be made fast. I respect the car and the platform and just get irritated at folks that seem to get so zoned on what they drive that all they can do is talk smack about something they know nothing about.

Anyhow, here is a vid of your super car.... vs a MS3. enjoy.

Mazdaspeed3 eats GTR - YouTube
Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Jseams

Originally Posted by lewisb01
Oh wow! Dude in the GTR should feel real dumb getting owned by the MS3. Guy was thinking "I spent $90k+ and I got owned by that thing" LOL!
Heh, yeah. Would annoy me too. I'd still take the GTR given the choice. lol

MS3 was pushing more than 450whp and was on slicks.

400+ whp MS3's are a dime a dozen on MSF.org - it's not hard or super expensive to make these cars fast... making them good looking, well, that's a different story.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

God. Who cares. Plenty of cars can beat supercars with enough money and time. What exactly does that prove? Your so proud that your car actually beat a nice car? Earlier GTRs only have 480hp and weight almost 4k lbs. Bring us something worth watching next time.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 PM
lewisb01

Nismo,

BTW all your talk of the HR is sinking in now. I'm going to pony up the extra dollars and look only for an 07 or above Z.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:24 PM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This argument is absolutely pointless. Mazda3Forums people need to GTFO. At the end of the day y'all MS3 owners are still left with a shitty, low quality econobox hatchback.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:33 PM
TuckerE36

Originally Posted by lewisb01
I've always loved the Z I had Z32 and now that I'm in a better place financially I want another Z. If converting from my MS3 to this was your question. I got rid of that car two years ago and while the torque is nice in the Z I'm not going to lie the feeling you get when that boost kicks is pretty damn awesome. FWD torque steer not so much lol!
To say that the wheel hop and torque steer in the MS3 is horrible is an understatement! BUT, Street Unit had the fix with the full solid engine mount set.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Jseams

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
God. Who cares. Plenty of cars can beat supercars with enough money and time. What exactly does that prove? Your so proud that your car actually beat a nice car? Earlier GTRs only have 480hp and weight almost 4k lbs. Bring us something worth watching next time.
2011 GTR...

point is - we can whoop a GTR, think we're skeeered of you.

Besides, I've been told that all your talk is conjecture. You have *plans* on making your car fast. Best keep quiet until you actually HAVE a fast car. roflmao.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 PM
boostedmazda3
Banned

I've been in my friends base model HR it feels cheaper then my ms3. You can literally scratch the paint of some of the interior plastics. I like sleepers not cars that scream attention. Ms3 is a wolf in sheeps clothing. FYZN.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:51 PM
TuckerE36

Originally Posted by Jseams
2011 GTR...

point is - we can whoop a GTR, think we're skeeered of you.

Besides, I've been told that all your talk is conjecture. You have *plans* on making your car fast. Best keep quiet until you actually HAVE a fast car. roflmao.
Your counter argument is invalid. Anyone can build a car to have massive amounts of HP. It all comes down to money. Case in point people have built minivans to have 500+ WHP.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Jseams

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
Your counter argument is invalid. Anyone can build a car to have massive amounts of HP. It all comes down to money. Case in point people have built minivans to have 500+ WHP.
Touche...

I can agree with this... and I'll stop "trolling".

I just got annoyed at some of the initial ignorance expressed in the first couple of pages. Any car can be made fast... and with the MS3 it is a fairly easy and cheap leap. To be honest, I like Z's.. I just find that there are a lot of them being owned by drivers that seem to be a little thick when it comes to knowing exactly what they have and what other platforms are capable of.

Anyhow - you all have a great night!

edit: meh

Last edited by Jseams; 04-05-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great...

Why did all these Mazda fanbois come out of the woodwork?

With the right work done, any car can beat any other car. This is supposed to be impressive?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't turn this into another Mazada thread. That's the whole reason the guy started a new one.

I remember when I was shopping for a new car and I didn't even consider the Z. I was looking at S2000's, SKY redlines, and searching for a Lotus. Then, I saw this silver Z vert with orange seats in a dealer parking lot and I had to have it. When you find the one, you know.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:00 AM
pss350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you didn't give up on the Z and good to hear about your second experience. Good luck with your search.

Quick Reply: Drove my first 350z (revised)