Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Daytona or Brickyard... Having second thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 04:25 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Daytona or Brickyard... Having second thoughts

Just wanted to get y'alls opinion on your prefernce between the two. I originally ordered the Daytona Blue, but the more pics I see of the Brickyard, the more I love it.

My car hasn't been ordered from Nissan yet, so I thought I'd ask around before making a final decision.

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2002, 04:26 PM
Stone Z

Thumbs up

DB
Old 10-28-2002, 04:27 PM
N74DV

I absolutely LOVE my Daytona Touring!

seems as if the first thing out of peoples mouths that see it is "That blue is amazing!"

Daytona will stand out more IMO.....
Old 10-28-2002, 05:12 PM
Aloharacing

DB all the way. It's my 2nd choice.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:24 PM
350zSpeedRacer

I want something that will stand out. And I know the Daytona will, but I can't help but wonder if the Brickyard will do a better job. I know that I'll love either color, so it's really down to care, number of cars the same color, etc.

Thanks for the input so far, and keep it coming!
Old 10-28-2002, 05:26 PM
Stone Z

Lightbulb

The upkeep will be a little easier on the DB's exterior. I have a tendency to think the Brickyard will fall prey to those evil swirls marks in due time.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Bazazu

Default Blue is nice....

But I'm a brickyard man!

Just placed my order last friday and expected deliver date is March for my Touring 6MT Brickyard with Charcoal Leather and all options.

I was in the same boat you were to be honest. The redline is just a little too red for me, I love metallic cars so that was a given. I went back and forth for about 3 weeks between the brickyard and the DB, looking at pictures, thinking about future mods and color schemes that I could do in the car.

For me, Red is the winner. I absolutely love deep reds, especially the metallic sort.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:39 PM
350zSpeedRacer

I'm also going to have a truck again pretty soon, and initially it was going to be maroon (b/c I'm an Aggie) and now I'm just shopping around for a good deal on a "slightly used" one, making the color a secondary factor.

I just don't want to end up with two maroon cars with "Association of Former Students" on both back windows. It just might make me look like too much of a fanantic.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:10 PM
CZredZ

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer

I just don't want to end up with two maroon cars with "Association of Former Students" on both back windows. It just might make me look like too much of a fanantic. [/B]
Would that make you a 2%er? Just kidding, I'm looking for a Brickyard because I find myself (currently) without a Maroon car, but my focus keeps gettin torn away by that Hot looking redline color.

The Blue is stunning, and for obvious reasons I just can't buy an orange car.

Gig'em
Old 10-28-2002, 06:21 PM
spaceboy

Originally posted by Dlovtsur
The upkeep will be a little easier on the DB's exterior. I have a tendency to think the Brickyard will fall prey to those evil swirls marks in due time.
I dunno, the other day I saw a DB Z in the parking lot and it was completely covered with swirl marks! Looks like the owner took a steel brush to it. I almost wanted to stick around and ask the owner what he/she did so I knew what NOT to do with my Z when I get it. I think all the colors are susceptible to swirl, you just gotta know how to take care of it. I left explicit instructions with my dealer that they don't even wash it- I'm bringing it straight home and doing the clay/zaino treatment.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Want-a-Z

Hey 350zspeedracer,

I think the blue really would stand out more. My personal
preference would be the brickyard though. IMHO, the brickyard
is a more "mature" color. I'm 34 and I would feel kind of silly
driving the daytona blue (I hope I'm not offending anyone.)

I think this car will stand out in ANY color. I'm getting the
silverstone, which a lot of people think is the most boring color,
but I'm sure I'll get plenty of compliments. Hey, if you really
want people to notice your car, why not Lemans Sunset?
Old 10-28-2002, 06:57 PM
wxtornado

get the blue, get the blue, GET THE BLUE!!!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:15 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by Want-a-Z
Hey 350zspeedracer,
Hey, if you really want people to notice your car, why not Lemans Sunset?
Are you kidding? Did you not read the part that I'm an Aggie? I'd be shunned and never allowed back for turning to the "dark side!"
Old 10-29-2002, 05:17 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Thanks everyone for all your help. For now I'm going to stick with the Daytona because I know I'll love it, and if I see a Brickyard in person and just can't live without it, I'll see if it's not too late to change my mind.

So if anyone in the DFW area has a Brickyard, I'd appreciate seeing it!

Thanks again!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:21 AM
devaraj

I just ordered my Z in Daytona Blue, and I am extremely glad that I did. The brickyard is too dark for a sports car (IMHO). I currently own a red Celica, so I did not want another red one. Therefore the Blue is just what the doctor ordered - - flashy, classy and perfect. 'Nuff said.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:31 AM
aggie300zx

Ok, first off you could put a Century club member sticker on one and Former Students on the other!

I think you are going to like the Daytona Blue much better than Brickyard. Being an Aggie myself, I considered Brickyard, but after seeing it more and more I would have been disappointed, just is not really Maroon..hehe!

Plus I think you would look better in Daytona blue...but thats just my opinion!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:35 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by aggie300zx
Ok, first off you could put a Century club member sticker on one and Former Students on the other!

I think you are going to like the Daytona Blue much better than Brickyard. Being an Aggie myself, I considered Brickyard, but after seeing it more and more I would have been disappointed, just is not really Maroon..hehe!

Plus I think you would look better in Daytona blue...but thats just my opinion!
What about the 12th Man sticker? I guess I'll just have to get another car for it!! HA HA HA!!

Well, since it's not really maroon, I'll definitely stick with the Blue (besides I'd rather race at Daytona than Indy so there's another plus!)

I'll just try to find me a big maroon truck that screams Aggie!!
Old 10-29-2002, 08:42 AM
brickyardfan

Wink Brickyard thoughts also

Actually I ordered a brickyard touring from the dealer on 9/7. I don't think that he has actually ordered the car from Nissan yet because he had sold his allocation well into the future and apparently there's a limit as to how far they can sell ahead. I have seen the rear spoiler in the brickyard color but I'm having an impossible time finding a brickyard car that I can go and see. I live in the MD suburbs just north of Silver Spring within about 4 or 5 miles of several of those sniper shootings. So IF anyone has a brickyard within 1-75 miles of me and wouldn't mind me drooling (from a distance) I would appreciate seeing it in person. I keep checking the Nissan web site to check the dealers' inventory but the cars are usually already gone from the dealer when they appear on the web site. I want brickyard but I am concerned that it's not dark enough. I don't want a medium maroon. Actually something even closer to black cherry would have been perfect for me. IF I get to see the brickyard before the car is actually ordered and I don't like it I will probably switch to the silver although there are way too many of them. I'll bet that well more than half of all 350Zs are silver.

My other big issue is the serious orange peel in the paint that I has been on literally every 350Z that I have seen. It was so bad I have seriously thought about cancelling my order.

Last edited by brickyardfan; 10-29-2002 at 08:45 AM.