Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

I Hate The 370Z...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:02 PM
samano1616

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so im sure its been said but im gonna say it anyway the 370Z out performs the 350 in every way sure u might think the headlights are ugly but did u know they bubble up a bit and this is to prevent air from hitting the side view mirrors preventing drag just one example of better aerodynamics and it has about 320ish horsepower a shorter and wider wheel base the only thing that pisses me off would have to be the front bumper...it looks like a 350Z and cat fish had a baby change the front bumper and ur good
Old 11-24-2011, 09:02 AM
SniperHunter

332HP. Not 320ish.

And awesome gains from bolt-ons + tune that total 330WHP. I sold my 350Z for a 370Z exactly a year ago...I do not regret the decision one bit. The 350Z can't even compare, it's simply progression.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:20 AM
express01

I don't know who could hate on the 370z.

It really is an improvement and if you say not, then you haven't driven one...

I agree it took me a while to get used to the looks but god it's amazing.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:36 AM
505HR350Z

The 370 is nice but the 350 is just so clean. Im happy nissan came out w the 370. Also makes me more proud to own the last year of my z33
Old 11-30-2011, 09:40 AM
505HR350Z

Looks like toyota made simular changes w the the prius
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Nukiz0r
350Z-holic

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 2008_hrthree50z
When i went car shopping on may i had my mind set on either a white 370z or a black 350z (the on i bought) and I actually liked the 370z when i test drove it performance and interior wise. But i was just not digging the headlights or tailights and the fangs wouldnt be a problem since i could always just buy a lip kit and black them out. I was either going to buy a 18k black base 350z for 16k or get a white 09 base 370z with 29k for 25k. At the end i decided that i want the performance of the 370z but the looks of the 350z so i just figured i could just mod the 350z with that extra money and so i went with the 350z. I have no regrets whatsoever buying the 350z. just my .02 imo the 350z looks more smoothly shaped and the 370z just outperforms and has better interior than the 350z, but still that 7-10k difference its not worth it imho
Me, I loved my 350z. It had plenty of exterior mods, and several bolt on mods. Personally I'd rather spend the little amount making the 370 look loser to the 350, than spend the large amount trying to make a 350 perform closer to a 370.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 AM
malchiel

It's a couple years since the 370z was released, and I still don't quite get it. I tried to like it, tried really hard, and I'm all into brand loyalty but I absolutely detest those front headlights and the gaping fangs!

Went to the Nissan dealership just yesterday, checked out the Z. While I think they did many things right, such as the shorter overhang, overall more pleasing proportion and chiseled look, but somehow they just had to tack on those horrible cheesy headlights and fangs? The hell? Just why? It looks like the chick with a super hot body and a horse face! What gives!? I can't decide if I'm turned on, or repulsed - for me I think it's the later.

Why did they have to mess with the design that worked? Keep the proportion of the 370z. Keep the shorter overhangs, powerplant, transmission etc. everything else, just get rid of the fugly headlights and fangs. I mean look at Porsche, they continuously upgrade the powertrain, but keep the design largely the same: understated and classy. Why didn't Nissan learn from them? Why alienate their customer base on what's already a small niche market!? Makes no friggin' sense.

Also I think the 370z is an answer none is asking. 370z got more power, but the big thing these days aren't power for the sake of power. It's fuel economy and efficient design. This is almost 2012, just about every other of the z competitor has got A) Direct Injection B) Turbo Charging. Why increase the power without torque? Marketing gimmick!? Why is the mileage so poor. Corvette got almost 100 ponies over the Z and it's returning 2 MPG better on highway >.< DOH! And that design is over 5 years older than the 370Z. And what about a smaller car, with better power to weight ratio - not necessarily more hp. Leave the useless hp wars to the domestic competitors and Korean wannabes and take the high road like Porsche has successfully done for decades.

Yes the 370z is more capable, but not significant enough and not where it matters the most, it's more expensive at a time of economic collapse, it's not efficient or elegant and the design is so crass that it put off the more affluent buyers. Plus there are so many competitors now that do essentially the same thing for less, from the 345Hp 2012 Hyundai Genesis, and the 400hp+ Mustang and Camaro. I totally think Nissan failed to set the Z apart. Their answer so far has been to slap a bigger engine and cheesy headlights instead of coming up with a more innovative solution. No wonder the sales has been atrocious. 10k unit a year and skidding fast to a stop! A far cry from what 350z used to be.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:18 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

When can I look forward to the

I hate the 380Z

thread?
Old 12-27-2011, 12:53 PM
malchiel

Originally Posted by davidv

I hate the 380Z

thread?
If you ask me, down size the damn engine. The car is turning into a muscle car instead of a finesse sports car. Improve balance, handling, chasis. Go back to 3.0 liter engine, add DI or Turbo or both. BMW and Porsche are both doing just fine with a much smaller engine. Hello?

Make everything smarter, lighter, efficient not dumber, bigger and expensive. Enough of the horsepower marketing ploy. And whatever happened to the 200lbs weight savings promised!?

Sports car used to be more than about who can stomp on the gas pedal harder. Let's go back to that. The ft-86, Boxster, Miata are good examples of these. Stop chasing after the Mustang, Camaro, Hyundai crowds. Right now the Z is having an id crisis, it doesn't know which way to go: a muscle car or a sports car or a touring and it's losing on all fronts. Not enough hp as a muscle car, not refined enough as a purist sports car, and it's missing 2 back seats as a touring.

Sigh. Ghosn can't be this stupid can he?

Last edited by malchiel; 12-27-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:31 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv

I hate the 380Z

thread?
Oh, you missed it, he already got a jump on that. His first hater post was in the "When is the 380Z coming" thread.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Fluid1

Originally Posted by malchiel
it's a couple years since the 370z was released, and i still don't quite get it. I tried to like it, tried really hard, and i'm all into brand loyalty but i absolutely detest those front headlights and the gaping fangs!

tttthhhhhiiiiiiiiiis.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:16 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why didn't Nissan learn from them? Why alienate their customer base on what's already a small niche market!? Makes no friggin' sense.

Yes the 370z is more capable, but not significant enough and not where it matters the most, it's more expensive at a time of economic collapse, it's not efficient or elegant and the design is so crass that it put off the more affluent buyers. Plus there are so many competitors now that do essentially the same thing for less, from the 345Hp 2012 Hyundai Genesis, and the 400hp+ Mustang and Camaro. I totally think Nissan failed to set the Z apart. Their answer so far has been to slap a bigger engine and cheesy headlights instead of coming up with a more innovative solution. No wonder the sales has been atrocious.
To my way of thinking, the eyes on the front, are sort of like the eyelids you can get for a 350.

I know a number of people that were looking at getting another Porsche, and purchased a 370z instead, bang for buck in new car market. This is obviously in an extremely competitive market where there are many choices and with the global economy being what it is.

If you hark back to say a 240z/260z they were Jap muscle cars of time, 30+ 40 years ago. In theory people that buy the likes of a 350z or a 370z are looking for extra hp, torque & rwd, and perhaps willing to sacrifice some economy in doing so.

The shape of the 370z and lights in particular do give it, it's own distinctive look. Whether anyone likes them or not.

If you ask me, down size the damn engine. The car is turning into a muscle car instead of a finesse sports car. Improve balance, handling, chasis. Go back to 3.0 liter engine, add DI or Turbo or both. BMW and Porsche are both doing just fine with a much smaller engine. Hello?

Make everything smarter, lighter, efficient not dumber, bigger and expensive. Enough of the horsepower marketing ploy. And whatever happened to the 200lbs weight savings promised!?

Sports car used to be more than about who can stomp on the gas pedal harder. Let's go back to that. The ft-86, Boxster, Miata are good examples of these. Stop chasing after the Mustang, Camaro, Hyundai crowds. Right now the Z is having an id crisis, it doesn't know which way to go: a muscle car or a sports car or a touring and it's losing on all fronts. Not enough hp as a muscle car, not refined enough as a purist sports car, and it's missing 2 back seats as a touring.
As above with some of your comments.

Those of us that have had their 350's since new, 8 years, know that the 370z, has been pitched at the same price range as the 350 was deliberately given the current economy.

Purist sports car, what about a Lotus Elise, they're not exactly refined, more rough and ready with the good power to weight ratio. 370z is a hefty beast, even using extra aluminium than they did on the 350. Will give you that one.

Each to your own, and you're entitled to your own opinions. So you're not going out to buy a 370z tomorrow then?!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 AM
malchiel

Originally Posted by BRONZEE
To my way of thinking, the eyes on the front, are sort of like the eyelids you can get for a 350.

I know a number of people that were looking at getting another Porsche, and purchased a 370z instead, bang for buck in new car market. This is obviously in an extremely competitive market where there are many choices and with the global economy being what it is.

If you hark back to say a 240z/260z they were Jap muscle cars of time, 30+ 40 years ago. In theory people that buy the likes of a 350z or a 370z are looking for extra hp, torque & rwd, and perhaps willing to sacrifice some economy in doing so.

The shape of the 370z and lights in particular do give it, it's own distinctive look. Whether anyone likes them or not.

As above with some of your comments.

Those of us that have had their 350's since new, 8 years, know that the 370z, has been pitched at the same price range as the 350 was deliberately given the current economy.

Purist sports car, what about a Lotus Elise, they're not exactly refined, more rough and ready with the good power to weight ratio. 370z is a hefty beast, even using extra aluminium than they did on the 350. Will give you that one.

Each to your own, and you're entitled to your own opinions. So you're not going out to buy a 370z tomorrow then?!
I would like to. But I'm hard pressed justifying the purchase, really hard pressed. Too many choices. All the competition comes with turbo charged engines: WRX (new one is coming out, with just as many ponies as the Z and plenty more TORQUE). The 1-series - same story, extra back seat and more TORQUE. They're all ugly but then so does the Z. Spend an extra $500 on a chip and get another 50hp at the wheel. How much extra money do you need on the Z to get the same performance gain?

At the price Z is competing, Turbo should have come standard! At the very least a DI.

There's always the Miata, not as beastly but a sheer pleasure to drive and own. Fun an economical enough to keep me happy in the long run and slow enough to keep me out of trouble. Own a 350z vert, fun to drive, but feels like driving a truck around the corner so ponderous... :/ Sigh.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Footloose301

Evolution.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:26 PM
RocKstR350z

i didnt have time to read through all of the posts but ill just add my .02 cents in. I owned a 350z and drove a 370z when they first came out and hated it. On paper yes they have more power but it just didnt lay rubber and put me in the seat like my 350z did. I also didnt like how the inside felt more roomy for some reason. When buying a two seater rwd sports car i like the tight space. If i wanted a luxury car id go buy one. My vote is for a slightly less futuristic refinement and add a turbo into the mix for the next z.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:54 PM
loquitoy2k

Old 12-28-2011, 04:20 PM
jebz240

[IMG]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:153287" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s06e02-jared-has-aides">Jared Has Aides</a></b><br/>Get More: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s06e02-jared-has-aides">more...</a></p></div></div>[/IMG]
Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
supblkz

If you don't like it don't talk about it! In my 29 years of life I learned that most "haters" or people who "hate" are really admirers...Cuz if u truly hated it you would never talk about it. When you hate something it should **** you off, make you angry at the thought of it.

hate   [heyt] Show IPA verb, hat·ed, hat·ing, noun
verb (used with object)
to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.
verb (used without object)
to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.

ad·mire [ad-mahyuhr] Show IPA verb, -mired, -mir·ing.
verb (used with object)
to regard with wonder, pleasure, or approval.
to regard with wonder or surprise (usually used ironically or sarcastically): I admire your audacity.

There are many things I dont care for but u dont and wont see me talking about it...
Just my .02 cents LMAO
Old 12-28-2011, 09:09 PM
malchiel

Angry

All right I don't hate it. I felt let down. I'm a huge Nissan/Infiniti fan and a huge Z fan. I wanted so much to like the car, but just can't. I wanted to give Nissan money for the Z, because they used to make a world beating sports car, and I want them to continue down that route, but they didn't - not until you go further up the affordability scale and get the GTR. To make matter worse they felt the need to give me the finger by shoving those horrid headlights and fangs.

The hell is wrong with them?
Old 12-28-2011, 09:33 PM
supblkz

They are still making world beating sports cars! The 370z is the fastest and most powerful stock Z to date. Granted the 370z is not my cup of tea and I would never trade my 350z. I fell more let down about the GTR cuz all it is refined R34 tech. and 7 years of VQ testing with 2 turbos to me. I think they left the twins off the 350z and 370z so the GTR would shine. GTR is the cream of the crop the racing tech. should to filter down to make the Z better. But the took a VQ stroked it called it a VR and slapped awd and 2 turbos and a new shell but u don't see people complain about it! Nissan needs to slap turbo or turbos back on the Z so they can get both crowds!! So if the styling dont get you the performance will! Than fail threads like this one would never happen.

Quick Reply: I Hate The 370Z...