Notices
2009+ 370Z General discussion and news for the Z34 (2009+) Nissan 370z with the new 3.7-liter V6

The Forum Wars: Season 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:27 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Maybe next year there will be a time trial event as well. I have a fair bit of open track experience as well, but maybe we could get one of the 350z aces like Brian Kleeman, Bill Steinhoff, Rob Hines, etc from the national club racing arena to show up....

That would be awesome.

Exhibit A: A 2:25 lap in a T2 HR 350z at Sebring...

Exhibit B: Bill chasing Brian at the Jan 2010 Sebring National (Both had DE's at the time)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coAfx...eature=related
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marques1
Why the hell would they pics Val's car when they had a better option on the table. royal purple are you guys screwing us on purpose....geez.
Royal Purple mainly targets muscle crowd more than import...and if u know Mustang guys, they eat that chit every morning with their cereal. I may be going out on a limb, but it doesn't surprise me they would want to give the mustang guys a good ego handjob.

RP is overpriced camel **** anywho...
Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

^ This.

I admit I'm a bit disappointed with the results, but Val did his best. The editing definitely did not help.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:27 AM
AadosX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to read this thread but it was painful. Which username was the Z in Season 1? I see bardabe all over the side of his car lol.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:34 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Most of our sister sites are 97% nooberz or guys who couldn't hack it on this site, I'm on another one somewhat frequently enough to know this. Call me a pompous *** or whatever but I truly believe this. I would pay no attention to any criticism they have to offer.
We have our fair share of n00berz too.
There's some really good guys on our neighboring forums also. I know alot of the local guys, including yourself, that really good car guys and gals on Motoring and Tech.

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
Exhibit B: Bill chasing Brian at the Jan 2010 Sebring National (Both had DE's at the time)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coAfx...eature=related
I loved this vid.

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero

I admit I'm a bit disappointed with the results, but Val did his best. The editing definitely did not help.
I agree Chris. I had a great time overall and am thankful I was atleast given this opportunity to participate in an event like this. However, throughout the day I sensed their urgency for me to "talk aggressively" in a few interviews. One particular time I had to flat out tell the gentleman that I wasn't going to say what he asked me to say.

The mod list was actually a long interview. The 4 second clip was edited from about 15mins of the entire mod listing interview. They basically had me walk around the car with them, while they asked me to describe everything as they were video taping. I had to describe the entire vehicle, including interior. There were simple questions like, "What size wheels are you running?" Well, the answer is "19inch all around." You can't get anymore simple of an answer than that. When you arrive to the engine bay, they ask, "Please describe what engine mods you have." Well you answer. Mine was, "Engine oil cooler, plenum spacer, cold air intake, and Uprev tune." It's out of my control what makes the cut for the show. Even with that being said, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say any mature adult would not chose to knit-pick at something as trivial as that.

The driving part, I can accept like a man. I went out and gave it my best shot. You win some, you lose some...

Last edited by VO...; 05-18-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:42 AM
AadosX

Also I just watched both episodes and I just want to say hats off to you Val, way to represent us like an adult and not a child. Performance wise, the cars competing weren't even in the same league so at least you represented us well in one aspect. =P
Old 05-18-2011, 06:51 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by AadosX
Which username was the Z in Season 1? I see bardabe all over the side of his car lol.
Yes sir, Bardabe is a member on this site.

Originally Posted by AadosX
Also I just watched both episodes and I just want to say hats off to you Val, way to represent us like an adult and not a child. Performance wise, the cars competing weren't even in the same league so at least you represented us well in one aspect. =P
Thank you buddy. I appreciate it...
Old 05-18-2011, 06:51 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by vo7848
We have our fair share of n00berz too.
There's some really good guys on our neighboring forums also. I know alot of the local guys, including yourself, that really good car guys and gals on Motoring and Tech.

I loved this vid...
True, but there is still no comparison imho....not even close.

Yes sir, its funny cause most local Z guys to you and I are on the other forum, which is why i frequent that forum in the Houston section. We have some knowledgeable guys in Houston, and if you watch the main forum tech sections you'll find that the Houston guys that you and i know are some of the most knowledgeable on that site. I love those guys like my kids, but when you compare to the biggest VQ heads on this site, it's not even close knowledge wise.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 05-18-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:54 AM
VO...
Administrator

the Houston guys that you and i know are some of the most knowledgeable on that site.
Yes, we have some great local guys that really know their stuff. I'll agree with you on that...
Old 05-18-2011, 07:22 AM
VO...
Administrator

Figured I'd stop over on Motoring for a spell and answer any questions that the answers my be vague to.

I can't post the direct link due to our site's filters, but if you delete the space between 350z and motoring, you'll get the link...

http://www.350z motoring.com/forums/350z-videos/64718-z-set-up-failure-4.html

Last edited by VO...; 05-18-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:24 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Yes, we have some great local guys that really know their stuff. I'll agree with you on that...
Your also a much nicer guy than me, lol. Thats just my opinion on the other forum, though.

I just read the thread in other forum, and my case in point about what i think the other forums are composed of....couple of quotes:

I'm glad he lost. My350z is full of a bunch of *********. Hate that place. Everyone here is a lot nicer.
well look what forum he was representing lol. Karmas a Bish aint it

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 05-18-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:28 AM
VO...
Administrator

I just read the thread in other forum, and my case in point about what i think the other forums are composed of....couple of quotes:
I did notice the rather rude comments were made by recently joined members...
Old 05-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Holy Lord you got your BUTT raped!!! I woulda smoked that Stang in my stock DE!! yea right. LOL! You did better than I could do i bet. Very classy but total mismatch in vehicles. Brass buddy...brass. i think with more seat time you might have stuck it to him in the slalom and autocross though. Hats off to the 5.0 guy too. Good driver and he kept it classy as well.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:51 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Firebase99
Holy Lord you got your BUTT raped!!! I woulda smoked that Stang in my stock DE!! yea right. LOL! You did better than I could do i bet. Very classy but total mismatch in vehicles. Brass buddy...brass. i think with more seat time you might have stuck it to him in the slalom and autocross though. Hats off to the 5.0 guy too. Good driver and he kept it classy as well.
Thanks buddy.

It was fun. I'll have to give it another go one day once I get me seat time under my belt. But yes, props to the Mustang driver. Well deserved...
Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 AM
Bunta_Tsuchiya

I did notice the rather rude comments were made by recently joined members...
Maybe, recently joined/low post count members are too busy driving and working on their cars to be spending all their time online. Go ahead and ban me now because I was ashamed to see a Z driven like that. Get off the interwebs, get in your car and pay attention. A 16s 1/4? Damn son..
Old 05-19-2011, 07:18 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bunta_Tsuchiya
Go ahead and ban me now because I was ashamed to see a Z driven like that.
Breaking the TOU(Terms Of Use) gets you banned, not speaking your mind. You will not get banned.

A 16s 1/4? Damn son..
This was already covered in my post sir:

https://my350z.com/forum/9151324-post330.html

...as well as from the Mustang driver:

https://my350z.com/forum/9148379-post301.html

Maybe, recently joined/low post count members are too busy driving and working on their cars to be spending all their time online.

Get off the interwebs, get in your car and pay attention.
My car is a 2003. Let me share just a small amount of the DIY threads I've invested countless hours in helping the community during my 8 year tenure of owning this vehicle. This goes along with the technical knowledge I have given back to the community, so newcomers such as yourself are able to overcome vehicle problems that should arise:

How to fix your broken window motors. Over 54,000 views:

https://my350z.com/forum/maintenance...dow-motor.html

Replacing your OEM battery with a Yellow Top. It may sound trival, but removing the stock battery is not as simple as it seems. Over 9000 views:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...ellow-top.html

Installing the Sparco harness bar. Over 5,800 views:

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...tallation.html

How to program your Homelink Garage door opener system. Over 26,000 views:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...nk-system.html

Installing various N/A bolt-ons in the engine bay. Over 6,700 views:

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...-progress.html

Solutions to Plenum spacer idling problems. Over 6,000 views:

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...-problems.html

Installing shift **** finishers. The 2 top ones. Comparison review. Over 6,400 reviews:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...hank-pics.html

Uprev tune/dyno. Over 1,600 views:

https://my350z.com/forum/texas/48379...-tomorrow.html

DIY aftermarket hatch lifts:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...m-56k-die.html

How to remove your rear brake light housing and replace turn signal bulbs. Almost 8,000 views:

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...rn-signal.html

I am a full time single father. I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. I am an avid runner, which occupies countless hours a week. I participate regularly in car shows. All this, and I find time to volunteer my time on this site 5 days a week during my work day. I find what you have said to me insulting sir...
Old 05-19-2011, 07:29 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

Maybe, recently joined/low post count members are too busy driving and working on their cars to be spending all their time online. Go ahead and ban me now because I was ashamed to see a Z driven like that. Get off the interwebs, get in your car and pay attention. A 16s 1/4? Damn son..
Yeah, sure, so now of us who have been long time members or have an elevated post count ever get out and race . Your screen name leads me to believe the most racing you have ever done is sit around and watch best motoring all day. Also, please read the bloody thread prior to posting...VO ran better times, but royal purple edited the footage to suit their liking.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Your logic is air-tight with this one, skipper.

You joined up just to make that comment? Seriously? Ubutthurt?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:10 AM
350junkie

VO handled the noob offender!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Just saw the vid, Val. DO NOT read the Youtube comments, lol.

+1 to Oldschool's comments (BTW nice meetin you at Keaton's the other night bro, your Z is a fawkin beast dude!)

...It seems like people are forgetting that Val was CHOSEN BY FW, not the other way around. Yes he applied, but so did my buddy here in Houston (A big track guy) with a Vortech S/C'd full built for track Z with plenty of seat time on road courses and some in drag....and they chose Val. Not our fault, not Val's fault, not the Mustang guy's fault. IMHO the show organizers fuked us here, nobody else, and I certainly dont fault Val for simply applying for this. It was up to the show coordinators to make this fair...and they (imho purposely) did not.

Im a show car guy like Val, i dont track or drag, i build my Z for what i like doing with it. That being said, i can understand where he was at in this thing. Props to the Mustang guys for being good sports, and props to Val for having the ***** to knowingly get destroyed and not ***** about it like i just did, lol.
Thanks homie...good meeting you too. Cars about to be alot sicker with the new tune. Hopefully they'll get Boosted on the next forum wars and I can show the rustang guys what time it is (no offense 98GT, lol). Talked to the organizer about next season while I was there with Val. I never applied this time around because I own my own forum. I like my350, but built my car for my community...so I gotta rep them.

Originally Posted by davids
Vo, do you want to learn how to drive now? We have some very good drivers in the road/track section that could help you out.
That was the whole purpose for going this time around. I've been trying to get Val hooked on the different types of racing for a while now. He has been an avid show ***** for a long time now. THat's what alot of his friends and crew are into...I think this event helped my case and made him see how much fun it is to drive our cars hard.

Thanks buddy.

It was fun. I'll have to give it another go one day once I get me seat time under my belt. But yes, props to the Mustang driver. Well deserved...
Track day at MSR bish...when you ready?

I'll be hitting the drag strip soon too. Need to see what kinda times 1000 hp gets me while trying to hustle with drag radials on my stock 18s before they kick me off the track for no cage. Talk about multitasking. lol

Last edited by Old School; 05-19-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply: The Forum Wars: Season 2