Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Homelink help pleasssee!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:03 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink help pleasssee!

Can some one PLEASE post instruction on how to setup your homelink garage door opener. I'm tired of waiting for the dealer to come through with mine, and I've been searching for a thread with the information for the last couple of days. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advanced.

-iNi
Old 10-27-2005, 10:09 PM
e30

just go to homelinks website. there are specific instructions on how to program the homelink to your garage door openers.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:19 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Thanks a million brothah!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:30 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do you have a garage door clicker?

it says it in the 350z manual that comes with the car...

Programming Homelink...

1. To begin, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons (to clear the memory) until the indicator light blinks (after 20 seconds), then release both buttons.

2. Position the end of the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface.

3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the HomeLink button you want to program and the Hand-Held transmitter button.

DO NOT release the buttons until step 4 has been completed.

4. Hold down both buttons until the indicator light on the HomeLink flashes, changing from a "Slow Blink" to a "Rapidly Flashing Blink." This could take up to 90 seconds. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. The rapidly flashing light indicates successful programming. To activate the garage door or other programmed device, press and hold the programmed HomeLink button - releasing when the device begins to activate.

5. If the indicator light on the HomeLink blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns solid, HomeLink has picked up a "Rolling Code" garage door opener signal. You will need to proceed with the next steps to train the HomeLink to complete the programming which may require a ladder and another person for convenience.

6. Press and release the "Smart" or "Learn" program button located on the garage door opener's motor to activate the "Training mode." This button usually located near the antenna wire that hangs down from the motor. If the wire originates from under a light lens, you will need to remove the lens to access the program button.

NOTE:
ONCE YOU HAVE PRESSED AND RELEASE THE PROGRAM BUTTON ON THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER'S MOTOR AND THE "TRAINING LIGHT" IS LIT, YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS IN WHICH TO PERFORM STEP 7. USE THE HELP OF A SECOND PERSON FOR CONVENIENCE TO ASSIST WHEN PERFORMING THIS STEP.

7. Within 30 seconds of pressing and releasing the garage door opener program button, quickly and firmly press and release the HomeLink button you've just programmed. Press and release the HomeLink button up to 3 times to complete the training.

8. Your HomeLink button should now be programmed. (To program the remaining homelink buttons for additoinal door openers, follow steps 2-8 only.)

NOTE:
DO NOT REPEAT STEP 1 UNLESS YOU WANT TO "CLEAR" ALL PREVIOUSLY PROGRAMMED HOMELINK BUTTONS.

If you have any questions or are having difficulty programming your HomeLink buttons, please refer to the HomeLink web site at www.homelink.com or call 1-800-NISSAN1 or yours truley Jason@Performance 1-866-211-7389
Old 10-29-2005, 07:09 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
do you have a garage door clicker?

it says it in the 350z manual that comes with the car...

Programming Homelink...

1. To begin, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons (to clear the memory) until the indicator light blinks (after 20 seconds), then release both buttons.

2. Position the end of the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface.

3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the HomeLink button you want to program and the Hand-Held transmitter button.

DO NOT release the buttons until step 4 has been completed.

4. Hold down both buttons until the indicator light on the HomeLink flashes, changing from a "Slow Blink" to a "Rapidly Flashing Blink." This could take up to 90 seconds. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. The rapidly flashing light indicates successful programming. To activate the garage door or other programmed device, press and hold the programmed HomeLink button - releasing when the device begins to activate.

5. If the indicator light on the HomeLink blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns solid, HomeLink has picked up a "Rolling Code" garage door opener signal. You will need to proceed with the next steps to train the HomeLink to complete the programming which may require a ladder and another person for convenience.

6. Press and release the "Smart" or "Learn" program button located on the garage door opener's motor to activate the "Training mode." This button usually located near the antenna wire that hangs down from the motor. If the wire originates from under a light lens, you will need to remove the lens to access the program button.

NOTE:
ONCE YOU HAVE PRESSED AND RELEASE THE PROGRAM BUTTON ON THE GARAGE DOOR OPENER'S MOTOR AND THE "TRAINING LIGHT" IS LIT, YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS IN WHICH TO PERFORM STEP 7. USE THE HELP OF A SECOND PERSON FOR CONVENIENCE TO ASSIST WHEN PERFORMING THIS STEP.

7. Within 30 seconds of pressing and releasing the garage door opener program button, quickly and firmly press and release the HomeLink button you've just programmed. Press and release the HomeLink button up to 3 times to complete the training.

8. Your HomeLink button should now be programmed. (To program the remaining homelink buttons for additoinal door openers, follow steps 2-8 only.)

NOTE:
DO NOT REPEAT STEP 1 UNLESS YOU WANT TO "CLEAR" ALL PREVIOUSLY PROGRAMMED HOMELINK BUTTONS.

If you have any questions or are having difficulty programming your HomeLink buttons, please refer to the HomeLink web site at www.homelink.com or call 1-800-NISSAN1 or yours truley Jason@Performance 1-866-211-7389
Yeah I have a clicker. I got it programmed off the site. I was aware that it came in the manual, but the problem was I don't have a manual. I just got my Z like two weeks ago, and it didn't come with one. The dealer has been lagging on ordering one up, and supplying one to me.. so I said f*** it, I'll just post on my350z.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what ever your question about your Z, it will be answered here!

enjoy it!
Old 10-30-2005, 01:57 PM
iNi_REALiZED

Haha thanks for the reassurance. The site has been really informative so far. Been browsing through the forced induction threads lately, trying to learn all I can before I go through with it.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:44 AM
orions empire

Thank you guys, this is what I needed, I'll program tonight.

OE