Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Aftermarket components and Bose on 03 . . . Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Drnovascotia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket components and Bose on 03 . . . Help!

So I have read almost every FAQ and walkthrough and have the speakers (kicker ks65 in the rear and kicker ks65.2 components up front). My struggle is how to get some wiring through the doors in the front. I tried the walkthrough of adding wires through the door jams and that just didn't happen. I know without Bose you can use the existing wiring however my touring is cursed with damn Bose so it's not as easy. Right now I have wires with no where to go!

Does anyone have a Bose wiring guide so I can try and tap into some existing wires? Or anyone have a st party's day truck up their sleeve that can help me to get this install done. . .

I have tried searching however to no avail.

HELP!?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
JPT0117

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drnovascotia
So I have read almost every FAQ and walkthrough and have the speakers (kicker ks65 in the rear and kicker ks65.2 components up front). My struggle is how to get some wiring through the doors in the front. I tried the walkthrough of adding wires through the door jams and that just didn't happen. I know without Bose you can use the existing wiring however my touring is cursed with damn Bose so it's not as easy. Right now I have wires with no where to go!

Does anyone have a Bose wiring guide so I can try and tap into some existing wires? Or anyone have a st party's day truck up their sleeve that can help me to get this install done. . .

I have tried searching however to no avail.

HELP!?
As a fellow new Z owner and visitor, you truly have to realize everything you are going to ask has already been asked. I personally wired through the factory door connector (don't recall the name at the moment). It took me a very, very long time but I did it and I love the end result. Here is a good place to start.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...any-ideas.html
Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Drnovascotia

Ok, Ty for the link however it doesn't answer my question. I'd like to use the existing wires for the Bose in the wiring and need to know which ones try are. Can anyone help with that? I do not want to drill new holes in the car or split into the molex I'm sure the smartest thing is to just use these already run and now not used wires.

Anyone?

Thanks again!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:53 AM
green_bread

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you have a multimeter? If not, get one... It's a necissary tool if you're doing any electrical work. Once you have one, use it to trace the wires. :-)
Old 03-17-2012, 06:41 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Try this
http://crutchfield.custhelp.com/app/...0bose%20wiring
Old 03-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Drnovascotia

Amazed no one could help with this.

Think I have what I need which makes sense will try tomorrow am!

http://kennydomain.co.uk/html/nissan...e_audio_4.html

Ty for all that helped guide
Old 03-19-2012, 09:50 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

A lot of people have passed wire through the molex connector in the door without any problems. I don't know why it's such an issue with you. Did you even really (be honest) give it a try? All you need is a small screwdriver, a dremel with a cutting bit, some speaker wire and some silicone spray to make the wire slippery while passing it through the weatherguard tube. A pair of forceps make stringing the wire through the tube a sinch. The first door took me 20 minutes, the 2nd door took me 10. It's not rocket science.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:21 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

^This

Do not half-a$$ the install by using the factory wires for component speakers.

Edit: Those are the cheap kicker components, factory wire should be more then enough.

Last edited by sportbiketed; 03-19-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Drnovascotia

Originally Posted by sportbiketed
^This

Do not half-a$$ the install by using the factory wires for component speakers.

Edit: Those are the cheap kicker components, factory wire should be more then enough.

Damn $230 for front components is cheap? I wanna know your setup!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:58 PM
sportbiketed

Qs 65.2
Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

The factory service manual is complete with wiring diagrams and colors. You can get one on the internets free.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM
JMII

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
A lot of people have passed wire through the molex connector in the door without any problems. I don't know why it's such an issue with you.
Its not *that* easy. I did it too, but if you have big hands its going to be a major PITA. I can fully understand someone starting this project and then giving up on it. The Crutchfield link will allow you to tap into the factory wiring.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JMII
Its not *that* easy. I did it too, but if you have big hands its going to be a major PITA. I can fully understand someone starting this project and then giving up on it. The Crutchfield link will allow you to tap into the factory wiring.
The "big hands" is actually an issue. I realized that when it got to getting up there in the kick panel, having an average size hand helps. But there is a way.
Unclip those zipties that attaches the wires to the body of the car and shove them out of the way. Rest is easy. I did run a 12awg wire through. A lot of empty space on the molex, there is less risk of getting to any of the wires.
Another tip, take a break when you seem to have a hard time. I used a soldering iron to start a smaller hole and then with dremel
Old 03-23-2012, 04:02 PM
sportbiketed

^This, just take your time and you shouldn't have a problem. I ran 2 pairs of 16awg with no problems.