Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Fr/Rr solid bushing installed... amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:13 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 414 Likes on 237 Posts
Default Fr/Rr solid bushing installed... amazing!

Ive read alot of posts abot " Do I need to replace my bushings" but theres not much about what it really drives like afterwards, other than talk of wheel hop etc.

I have about 70-ish k miles on the car, just did stance coilovers lx, and all the other standard fix ups... but the car just seemed clunky, and the rear felt really unstable and had alot of wiggle. Just felt like it wasnt a real sports car yet.

I knew my rear bushing was out because if I change gears quickly and let the clutch out fast, I could hear a clunk in the rear end..and I saw it as well when I did my exhaust.

DUDE.... it is sooooooo nice having this mod done, I cant even tell you. Satisfaction of driving and ownership has increased like ten fold seriously.

Its not really louder per se, you can hear a bit of mechancal noise just when you start from a dead stop, but for the most part, its pretty darn NOT noticeable. Its far from a supercharger whine as they ssay... its 50 times quieter than that, so fear not, and theres really no added vibration.

BUT the handling is RAZOR sharp now, and it finally feels like it does to drive my friends 2007 996 Porsche 911.

HUUUGE shout out to Vitaly at Pitstop Performance and Coz at Concept Z Performance for the HUGE hook up on the labor, and to a job well done.

Bottom line, this fixes all the things you never knew were wrong with your hi mile 350z, period.

The shifter shakes a hell of alot less on downshifting too.

It is literally like driving a brand new car again. Super tight, quiet, no squeaks, rattles, clunks, and it is a bit "faster" by butt dyno since there is no nasty lag while the engine and drivetrain use the power to simply move the differential around before actually moving your tires.

If you spend a grand on coilovers but dont do this mod, you have wasted your money. Its fantastic. BTW, I used SPL from and rear bushings.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Ebony350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet..It's the little things
Old 02-05-2010, 07:05 AM
DemitriHKS

Hows the wheelhop? Did it do anything for that off takeoff?
Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you post a link to the product and give us an idea of cost to install?
i;m right there with you mileage wise
Old 02-05-2010, 09:11 AM
vitaliko

np man
Old 02-05-2010, 09:56 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Wow, i just noticed the clunk go away and improved feel on and off throttle. Nothing as crazy as you say.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:30 AM
TheFarmer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
danimaldaisy

bmccann101

I have had this DREADED problem since i hit 50,000 miles...i really want to love my car again but have suffered from bad handling for the past 60k miles cause i have 110,000 mile on my Z now.

WHERE can i get this part?

and you are correct because i have upgraded every suspension part except the bushings.

I just got my Tax return today and REALLY would love for you to give us some contact info or a link.

Thank you so much for posting this.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:08 AM
blitz2k1

Originally Posted by danimaldaisy
bmccann101

I have had this DREADED problem since i hit 50,000 miles...i really want to love my car again but have suffered from bad handling for the past 60k miles cause i have 110,000 mile on my Z now.

and you are correct because i have upgraded every suspension part except the bushings.

I just got my Tax return today and REALLY would love for you to give us some contact info or a link.

Check www.jscspeed.com I think Whiteline of Australia makes a set for the 350z

http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/suspens...p_bushings.htm
http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/suspens...p_subframe.htm

My friend did the same mod to his s14 silvia and he said the exact same thing ...
He claimed it was like driving a whole new car again and that the handling and rear end tightened up and made a noticable improvement!

Last edited by blitz2k1; 02-06-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:12 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Default bushings

Seriously.. I ordered this part from THREE places.. and I guess the manufacturer was backordered for a while.... but Coz got them here in the same week I ordered them!

call Cozman at conceptZperformance..... he's a local shop here in PHX but is a friend of mine.. please give him the biz.... also, his shop specializes in OEM Nissan parts too... you can get everything at one time! Tell him I sent you.

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/specials.php

The fr AND rear SPL bushings were about 200 bucks.

hres the company's page, btu please order from Coz. Keep it in the family!

http://www.splparts.com/main4/index.htm
Old 02-06-2010, 08:16 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Vitaly! thanks for the labor man.. Ill be by today ... I think its my driver side coilover sleeve thats making the noises... I filled the gas tank and the sound lessened, and also I can replicate the noise by lifting the fender.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by danimaldaisy
bmccann101

We stock them, as well as Whitelines's version we can include them with your other stuff Monday if you want

They definitely give you much better overal feel for the rear of the car

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 02-06-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by blitz2k1
Check www.jscspeed.com I think Whiteline of Australia makes a set for the 350z

http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/suspens...p_bushings.htm
http://www.jscspeed.com/350z/suspens...p_subframe.htm

My friend did the same mod to his s14 silvia and he said the exact same thing ...
He claimed it was like driving a whole new car again and that the handling and rear end tightened up and made a noticable improvement!
Those bushings linked and the ones talked about by the OP are not the same

The OP replaced the differential mount bushings (there is a front and a rear..confused yet?!!):

Front

install here:

Rear

Vs stock:

Install here:

(second picture also shows the Whiteline Rear Traction Kit (Subframe bushings) installed as well

The SPL solid ones replace the factory bushings at the 'ears' of the pumpkin (called the front diff bushings) as well as the large cylindrical bushing that is in the subframe (rear diff bushing) as shown above

Whiteline just came out with a differential bushing kit (front) too - it retains the stock rear one in the subframe, but for the front 'ears', instead of having to press out the factory rubber bushings as you do with the Whiteline, they simply install directly over them. So, just another option out there depending on what the customer is after. We stock both types.

In additon to these, there are lots of other bushings both at the front (Whiteline and SPL both offer replacements, and we stock both) and rear of the car (Whiteline again having the most complete range of replacements, NISMO offers some as well, we stock both). All of these degrade over time as well, and can be substantially improved upon. They will literally completely transform the car

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 02-06-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Sponge

Thumbs up

I would personally like to see an upgrade packages WITH labor included offered by several shops. The labor is what will determine how many people actually replace these bushings and others. Installed prices of front/rear packages, rear cradle package, etc. would get people excited about dropping the coin.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Sponge

Love the rear cradle shot Adam. Have you had a chance to review the new cradle and diff bushings or is the car not back together yet? Losing the hydraulic bushings must make the car very well mannered now, want to hear your opinion when you get the chance.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Sponge
I would personally like to see an upgrade packages WITH labor included offered by several shops. The labor is what will determine how many people actually replace these bushings and others. Installed prices of front/rear packages, rear cradle package, etc. would get people excited about dropping the coin.
Please expound on your idea. I suppose this is an idea you are proposing only for local install shops?
Old 02-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Sponge

^^ Yes, I would like to see "Bushing Packages" offered by local shop/retailers at installed prices. However, it doesn't look like these kinds of installed packages would be a big seller based on the interest of this thread. I would just like a better estimate of what it would cost to replace different sets of bushings. I'm sure installing these different sets of bushings would differ widely from shop to shop. I'm really looking for a fair price/labor comparison. I wish I was your coast Kwame as I would have requested "an installed package" from you already
Old 02-08-2010, 06:47 AM
tsar

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Those bushings linked and the ones talked about by the OP are not the same

The OP replaced the differential mount bushings (there is a front and a rear..confused yet?!!):
........;
Thanks, a lot of great info there. Even though I didn't ask that helped me sort out a great deal of confusion and questions I've had in my head.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sponge
Love the rear cradle shot Adam. Have you had a chance to review the new cradle and diff bushings or is the car not back together yet? Losing the hydraulic bushings must make the car very well mannered now, want to hear your opinion when you get the chance.
That subframe is Kwame's - his rear one was damaged in a small accident so we're swapping a clean one in there and did all the bushings at the same time

I will be doing them on my car in the near future, but have a bunch of other stuff to do before hand. We've sold a good amount of the subframe kits so far, to people all over the place, and the feedback we got back was extremely positive. Everyone who got back to us after install reported that the car hooked much better from both a dead stop as well as powering out of turns. They also reported alot less skipping over bumps as their suspension was now able to do its job more efficiently.

For install costs, you're best bet is referring to your favorite local shop, it's sort of impossible to have universal costs for such jobs IMHO.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Reply: Fr/Rr solid bushing installed... amazing!