Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default my how to!

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...g-install.html

-J
Old 09-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Andrei

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE

For those of you who will install these or already have them installed re-torque the bolts to the compression rods or any other bushings. My driver side started making noise and found out that the bolt was far too loose and I tighten it with a racket as much as I could and noise is gone. Also a good idea to lubricate them with teflon lubricant once in a while.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:17 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Well they have been installed for a couple weeks now. Steering is so much lighter, the old bushings were wasted. Normal driving you can hardly hear them, on the racetrack, good freaking god they are loud. I thought my suspension was going to break. When cornering very hard the sway bar cranks the control arm sideways causing a loud clunk. No big deal, i have never had this good of front end feel on the car before.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:33 AM
stubZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my spl compression rod is making noise

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Well they have been installed for a couple weeks now. Steering is so much lighter, the old bushings were wasted. Normal driving you can hardly hear them, on the racetrack, good freaking god they are loud. I thought my suspension was going to break. When cornering very hard the sway bar cranks the control arm sideways causing a loud clunk. No big deal, i have never had this good of front end feel on the car before.
I just recently put spl compression rods on my 2004 350z and the driver side is perfect but the passenger side makes a rattling noise when I hit a series of small bumps. This gets super annoying does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
AuAltima3.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrei
UPDATE

For those of you who will install these or already have them installed re-torque the bolts to the compression rods or any other bushings. My driver side started making noise and found out that the bolt was far too loose and I tighten it with a racket as much as I could and noise is gone. Also a good idea to lubricate them with teflon lubricant once in a while.
Originally Posted by stubZ
I just recently put spl compression rods on my 2004 350z and the driver side is perfect but the passenger side makes a rattling noise when I hit a series of small bumps. This gets super annoying does anyone have any suggestions?

I would try retorquing.