Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Dual rear calipers ebrake

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:59 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Skyfer_lt,

So my next question.........u obviously had to get 4 longer bolts for the rear of the knuckle....

at least 10mm longer correct, did you get 10.9 grade flanged hex head bolts with smaller hex head for easy access, they are recessed in the knuckle so a large 19mm head bolt would be hard to get in and out with a socket, u kinda need a thin wall socket for sure...

-- Also, one more suggestion:
It's made from steel - primer and paint it...it will rust...for the application u really dont need anything better than some good spray paint like below:

-J
Old 07-26-2013, 05:14 AM
Skyfer_lt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
as for your answer of Q2, that makes sense with a part that started 20mm and ended with a 12.38 step, i would have guessed a 5-6mm spacer was required....look at the split in the numbers, not exactly a half cut part.

I have measured the knuckle of the 350z and found the oem flanges for the oem brake mount location to be .300 inch below the surface of the hub mounting point or the surface where this bracket gets installed....

So .300 is about 7.6 mm in difference, with your joggle you got it all pretty darn close. ie, 20 - 12.38 subtraction....

-J
I used the measurements of the OP so yeah, that's what I have. I used a 5mm spacer for oem calliper because the bracket thickness where it sandwiches between the hub and the knuckle is 5mm thick.

About the fillet radius. I see what you mean. I looked at the bracket and it does have a small radius, it's not exactly 90 degrees.

Skyfer_lt,

So my next question.........u obviously had to get 4 longer bolts for the rear of the knuckle....

at least 10mm longer correct, did you get 10.9 grade flanged hex head bolts with smaller hex head for easy access, they are recessed in the knuckle so a large 19mm head bolt would be hard to get in and out with a socket, u kinda need a thin wall socket for sure...

-- Also, one more suggestion:
It's made from steel - primer and paint it...it will rust...for the application u really dont need anything better than some good spray paint like below:
Stock bolts are 35mm from the head, my bolts are 45mm. No, they're not flanged, couldn't find any so got some washers instead and they are 19mm, but I didn't have any problems at all, I use proxxon tools, not sure if they're thin walled or not.

I did paint it, no worries.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:39 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ hands down yours has been the best.......where it positions the 2nd caliper at the 1-2 o-click position(looking at drivers side), retention of factory parking brake, material, step design, etc...

great work man...

-J
Old 07-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Skyfer_lt

^ hands down yours has been the best.......where it positions the 2nd caliper at the 1-2 o-click position(looking at drivers side), retention of factory parking brake, material, step design, etc...

great work man...

-J
Thanks for the kind words. The real test will be in a few weeks at an all night event.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Jordanak

Originally Posted by Jordanak
well, i got tired of waiting for one of these guys to put out a bracket so i went ahead and fabbed up my own.

its pretty raggedy.. im no machinist ... more or less, im a complete noob. i used a reciprocating saw to make the cuts and hand held drill to make the holes. but it works and thats all i care about.

Check out the pics

vids of it in action at East Coast Bash in NJ a few weeks ago.

if there is enough interest i might be able to get a few duplicates made and sent out. let me know what you think.
As an update to my post...

The brackets have now been installed on my car for over a month. It is my daily as well. I have experienced zero issues with my set up. i have removed the wheels and checked spacing, bolt tightness and inspected the bracket and caliper every 2 weeks. The bracket has been used for 2 all day drift events thus far and has about 50 runs of use on it as well as 1.5 months of daily driving. So far so good. and that **** works awesome!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:08 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Jordanak
As an update to my post...

The brackets have now been installed on my car for over a month. It is my daily as well. I have experienced zero issues with my set up. i have removed the wheels and checked spacing, bolt tightness and inspected the bracket and caliper every 2 weeks. The bracket has been used for 2 all day drift events thus far and has about 50 runs of use on it as well as 1.5 months of daily driving. So far so good. and that **** works awesome!
thats good to hear man...not a bad approach...

but your design requires wheel spacer UNDER the rotor hat correct??? due to lack of joggle in the design???

longer studs too right??

for someone like me that already owns 18 wheels with all the correct offsets, i dont want to add MORE offset with a non joggled design....

i think its good everyone list the specifics of their designs....
-J
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Jordanak

thats good to hear man...not a bad approach...

but your design requires wheel spacer UNDER the rotor hat correct??? due to lack of joggle in the design???

longer studs too right??

for someone like me that already owns 18 wheels with all the correct offsets, i dont want to add MORE offset with a non joggled design....

i think its good everyone list the specifics of their designs....
-J
Yes there are spacers required under the rotors.

Yes i did get longer studs as the spacer under the rotor is approximately 7-8mm or .3 in thick.

i see your issue with fitment. but fitment wasn't an issue for me. i needed the function much more than the form.

i got hardware from multiple sources because the extended flange bolts i needed for the wheel bearings were not available from fastenal.

but my set up did require...

4 longer bolts for the oem location calipers
4 shorter bolts for the added calipers
8 longer flange bolts for the wheel bearings
extended wheel studs.

also i do have the oem e brake functioning. it takes modification of the backing plates. but works just fine.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:50 PM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jordanak,

Willing to replicate this into a kit for some members? I'd be very interested and can throw some money your way if you could ship one out to me. Just wondering, been lingering here for awhile waiting for a kit so I can mount my spare brembos, thanks!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:17 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

ya man...share the wealth........

can you remove it, trace and template it? scan, attach, measure, make a drawing, help the community...

-J
Old 08-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Saudi Z

any news where i can get a set for my 350z ?
thanks for nice work
Old 08-08-2013, 06:29 AM
OhioStyles

ya man...share the wealth........

can you remove it, trace and template it? scan, attach, measure, make a drawing, help the community...

-J
+1 on this. for the worlds most common and awesome sports car, things like this should be in abundance
Old 08-14-2013, 12:09 AM
nismofreak1208

Bumpppppp
Old 08-23-2013, 02:25 AM
nismofreak1208

bump on a template of this current design. Would be great to finally install two sets of calipers, each having their own use i.e. factory e brake and hydraulic brake.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 PM
H22dragster

Default Buy these!!!!

So here is the deal. Bob Patika, Pro Canadian drifter makes these. He is doing a pre order and needs 5 buyers. I'm in 100% and so we need 4 more. Please contact him at https://www.facebook.com/PatinkaMotorsports. Post here after you contacted him. So I can gauge where we're at.

Refer to my earlier posts on these if you have any questions.

Do it now!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:15 AM
nismofreak1208

I just contacted him
Old 09-08-2013, 02:00 AM
nismofreak1208

Update:

Spoke with Bob Patika and the hardware he is selling comes with 2 brackets and 2 spacers. He recommends the Ichiba 50mm extended wheel studs since thats what he uses on his setup and has had great results so far. The kit is bolt on and will not affect any of the OEM stuff in anyway. Pricing is around $200 ish not including shipping but this does vary on whether he does manage to get enough people to do a group buy. I'm committed already to buying these so if anyone else wants to chime in, just hit up his facebook with the link provided above.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:16 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Cool stuff....
Old 09-13-2013, 09:35 AM
BrandonIsOnFire

Originally Posted by nismofreak1208
Update:

Spoke with Bob Patika and the hardware he is selling comes with 2 brackets and 2 spacers. He recommends the Ichiba 50mm extended wheel studs since thats what he uses on his setup and has had great results so far. The kit is bolt on and will not affect any of the OEM stuff in anyway. Pricing is around $200 ish not including shipping but this does vary on whether he does manage to get enough people to do a group buy. I'm committed already to buying these so if anyone else wants to chime in, just hit up his facebook with the link provided above.
I'm in. Sending him a payment sometime during the weekend. Sent your payment yet? He priced me at $220 shipped.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:16 PM
nismofreak1208

Haven't sent it yet, waiting for his paypal
Old 09-13-2013, 03:22 PM
LoKatzer

Can't wait, gave him my order earlier this week. $215 shipped to Denver.

Last edited by LoKatzer; 09-13-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Dual rear calipers ebrake