Dual rear calipers ebrake - Page 15 - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual rear calipers ebrake

Old 02-11-2015, 08:50 PM
rustyschopshop

why not fab this brake setup with a factory ebrake style caliper. Should still have enough bite with good pads to initiate a drift and perfect for ebrake?

Just to clarify, i don't mean factory 350z. I was refering to nearly all rear disc cars on the market.

Last edited by rustyschopshop; 02-11-2015 at 08:52 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-12-2015, 05:37 AM
OhioStyles

Originally Posted by JoseValencia27 View Post
What are your brake line set-ups on the hydraulic handebrake. I also want to do something like this but I dont have the Brembo Z. Is it worth getting dual calipers for the Regular Z brakes.
i have an independent remote reservoir for that second caliper. are you wondering about running duals for a daily use. thats gonna be a headache. your better off getting SS lines, pads/rotors, racing blue, et.

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop View Post
why not fab this brake setup with a factory ebrake style caliper. Should still have enough bite with good pads to initiate a drift and perfect for ebrake?

Just to clarify, i don't mean factory 350z. I was referring to nearly all rear disc cars on the market.
in a perfect world i would rip out the whole drum assembly and possibly do that. in my world, the leverage and ease from my setup and still having the factory ebrake to use on hills and random uneven pavement waiting in line at track days make my setup good for me
Old 02-15-2015, 03:51 AM
rustyschopshop

Originally Posted by OhioStyles View Post
i have an independent remote reservoir for that second caliper. are you wondering about running duals for a daily use. thats gonna be a headache. your better off getting SS lines, pads/rotors, racing blue, et.

in a perfect world i would rip out the whole drum assembly and possibly do that. in my world, the leverage and ease from my setup and still having the factory ebrake to use on hills and random uneven pavement waiting in line at track days make my setup good for me
So you did manage to figure out how to get your drum brakes back with the dual brembo setup. Last I had read you were still trying to work that out. I was just trying to make thing easier
Old 02-17-2015, 06:11 AM
OhioStyles

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop View Post
So you did manage to figure out how to get your drum brakes back with the dual brembo setup. Last I had read you were still trying to work that out. I was just trying to make thing easier
i haven't gotten it worked out yet but i will be having time soon to do it on of these weekends. i got a lil confused about ur initial question and i think i know what u were trying to say. for what i use the car for, it would be an abs headache haha
Old 02-17-2015, 07:54 PM
rustyschopshop

Lol, its all good. Thats the problem with written language. I try not to take anything personal here
Old 02-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Yaustinz33

Default bruh

adjust the shoes!!! I thought the same thing until I did that and now they lock up really good! but honestly wouldn't mind the hydro and calipers lol
Old 03-18-2015, 11:52 AM
AjPietig

I've spoke with Goerge and a couple other people with no progress. I currently have wilwoods from 2008 that did not allow you to use factor e brake.

I'm looking for a bracket to add another Wilwood caliper or any other caliper for hand brake.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:00 PM
rottingcat

Bump for dual caliper retaining parking brake
Old 08-23-2016, 08:02 AM
rottingcat

update found one that retains factory e brake
http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...-350z-g35.html

now can anyone tell me if this will work with aftermarket bbk? I'm looking at stoptech.
I think it would work since the brackets have to be machined to fit the spindle/knuckle...but not sure.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:47 AM
rustyschopshop

From what I see it won't work with a bbk. The bracket won't be large enough to clear a bigger rotor. You might contact enjuku though to see If they have a way to make it work for you.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:06 AM
jdmlove1

i will have bump this thread, as there is one thing am note sure about, i am running brembo brakes

i need this kit
http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/...aliper-bracket
and this
http://www.driftworks.com/hydraulic-...e-package.html

do i need long studs as well?

i am right now looking for used rear brembo calipers. and wanna buy all the stuff i need before i start installation
Old 03-03-2017, 08:02 AM
CFS_Z

Originally Posted by jdmlove1 View Post
i will have bump this thread, as there is one thing am note sure about, i am running brembo brakes

i need this kit
http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/...aliper-bracket
and this
http://www.driftworks.com/hydraulic-...e-package.html

do i need long studs as well?

i am right now looking for used rear brembo calipers. and wanna buy all the stuff i need before i start installation
you will need to check how much threads you have left after the 8mm space out from the bracket. if you have the money id buy extended studs and have one less thing to worry about. you can always contact the guys at maverick and they should be able to tell you.
The Following User Says Thank You to CFS_Z For This Useful Post:
jdmlove1 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:46 PM
jdmlove1

Originally Posted by CFS_Z View Post
you will need to check how much threads you have left after the 8mm space out from the bracket. if you have the money id buy extended studs and have one less thing to worry about. you can always contact the guys at maverick and they should be able to tell you.
thnx, seems like i will get a longer studs.

what about a Reservoir tank? the one in the kit doesn't come with one? should i buy it separately ?