Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Check out this New brake kits from Brembo

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 04:58 PM
seanrulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Check out this New brake kits from Brembo

Brembo recently released their new brakes. I saw this picture in other car forums and it' called Brembo GTR line.
6 pot, 4 pads on each side
I heard it's the street version of their racing brakes. (I assume it's pretty much same as their racing brakes but just modified to suit street needs?)

I don't know about the application but I kinda doubt it'll be available to Z people. The guy who posted this picture and information said that it's mainly for Porches, Farraris, Lambos and stuff. But who knows.

But I'm sure they are going to be ridiculously priced.
Attached Thumbnails Check out this New brake kits from Brembo-resize-of-j.jpg  
Old 07-21-2004, 04:59 PM
seanrulz

Here goes pads, rotor, and caliper.
Attached Thumbnails Check out this New brake kits from Brembo-resize-of-g.jpg  
Old 07-21-2004, 10:34 PM
GY-Z

damn..i want 1!!!!1
Old 07-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Tim@StopTech

Brembo recently released their new brakes. I saw this picture in other car forums and it' called Brembo GTR line.
6 pot, 4 pads on each side
I heard it's the street version of their racing brakes. (I assume it's pretty much same as their racing brakes but just modified to suit street needs?)

I don't know about the application but I kinda doubt it'll be available to Z people. The guy who posted this picture and information said that it's mainly for Porches, Farraris, Lambos and stuff. But who knows.
And by "the same as their racing brakes but just modified to suit street needs" did you mean "The same as their old racing brakes but not modified to suit street needs?"

No dust boots = routine maintainance.

It scares me to think about how flexible that caliper is.

This is clearly for the "bigger is better" crowd, and they'll probably sell a ton of them.

Did I mention that our eight piston caliper is WAY bigger than theirs?
Old 07-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Mobil1Z

Originally posted by Tim@StopTech
And by "the same as their racing brakes but just modified to suit street needs" did you mean "The same as their old racing brakes but not modified to suit street needs?"

This is clearly for the "bigger is better" crowd, and they'll probably sell a ton of them.

Brembo does produce a HUGE 8 piston set up, uses something like 380mm rotors....too bad it costs around 9 grand....for the front brakes.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:07 AM
seanrulz

Originally posted by Tim@StopTech

Hmm. I just saw this pic and brief information from other forum so I don't know about your question. But they do look good and expensive.
Hell, I found my Stoptech 4 wheel kits just FINE for any of my braking needs! It just stops so ridiculously fast that I have to keep watching my rear view mirror when I brake not to get rear ended.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Tim@StopTech

Awesome, great to hear seanrulz. You should keep in mind that you car with the StopTech 4 Wheel BBK will likely stop better, and be faster around a track, than a Z with these calipers. First of all, I seriously doubt that RaceTech (Brembo's US Distributor) will be able to change the piston sizes on these calipers, so unless they do some engineering and testing (neither of which they are capable of doing) and are offering a rear BBK that matches up with the front kit to creates ideal bias, they are way off in that department.

That alone is enough to allow you to outbrake the other car, but using a 380mm front rotor (and the required 19" wheels and tires)will add more rotating mass, unsprung mass, and rotational inertia to make a very real difference in the real world.

The result? Your brakes = better than his brakes. Now that's something to be proud of IMO.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:26 AM
J Ritt

That's a sweet looking race caliper. I agree with Seanrulz...I doubt it will ever find it's way on to the Z though.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:11 AM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Sorry for the off-topic, but JRitt or Tim, do you guys have the replacement rotors for the Track model yet? Any news?
Old 07-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Kansai

Nice looking caliper from Brembo. If you have the HP to turn them 19" ~ 20" wheels and its not a track car, what do you care about rotating mass, unsprung mass, and rotational inertia? But the maintainance due to no dust boot may become a problem later down the road.