Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:50 PM
jmaldonado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the dealer this weekend, and my V2 was down 1/2 a quart in less than 1000 miles. Attorney is working on it. I am done with all of this.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:25 PM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by RBlover69
damn sorry you guys are having issues my V2 was a complete fix granted i been using 0w40 mobile 1 oil since they first put the engine in . But yea man my reguards revup peeps.
I don't mean to sound cokky but I was one of the first to get the V2 and was proud of it until it started breaking down slowly and I used Mobile One 0/40. The V2 will not hold up to hard driving - it will fail eventually.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:30 PM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by jmaldonado
I went to the dealer this weekend, and my V2 was down 1/2 a quart in less than 1000 miles. Attorney is working on it. I am done with all of this.
Sorry to hear it bro - I'm not accepting this either. Time to get out. This is such an incredible rip off. We should class action. Any attorney's out there?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 AM
wynd d z33

got my v2 in and havent checked it yet heading to 1k hope its all ok....
Old 02-27-2008, 12:12 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by ZPimp
I don't mean to sound cokky but I was one of the first to get the V2 and was proud of it until it started breaking down slowly and I used Mobile One 0/40. The V2 will not hold up to hard driving - it will fail eventually.
breaking down? whats the problems ur getting with ur v2?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:17 PM
BabyZiLLa

yea sorry mate but your gonna have to be more specific than that..
Old 02-27-2008, 01:35 PM
ZLOC06

Default Buy Back Info

Gents. for those of you who are seeking a buy back of your 350Z because of this issue I wanted to give you a little info. First of all, do use Norman Taylor as your Lemon Law lawyer, from my early experience they seemed to be able to get a resolution as quickly as possible. Second, if Nissan offers you a small settlement along with a new engine, you should refuse the settlement and not sign the waiver releasing them from any further suits for the defected engine. I did that, prior to contacting Norman Taylor, and basically b/c I signed the release form, it appears that I may have to start from ground zero with my second replacement engine. They haven't confirmed yet, but Norman Taylor stated that I may need 3 repair orders to confirm the replacement engine as a lemon. I explained to them that now that there is TSB on this issue, that three repair orders won't happen, I only returned twice, and NNA confirmed my engine was defected and informed the dealer to order the shity V2 replacement again!! In any case, I think I should be fine, but I wanted to give you all this tidbit of info. just in case you're looking to get your Z's bought back. I'll keep you all informed on my progress with my case.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

Originally Posted by ZLOC06
Gents. for those of you who are seeking a buy back of your 350Z because of this issue I wanted to give you a little info. First of all, do use Norman Taylor as your Lemon Law lawyer, from my early experience they seemed to be able to get a resolution as quickly as possible. Second, if Nissan offers you a small settlement along with a new engine, you should refuse the settlement and not sign the waiver releasing them from any further suits for the defected engine. I did that, prior to contacting Norman Taylor, and basically b/c I signed the release form, it appears that I may have to start from ground zero with my second replacement engine. They haven't confirmed yet, but Norman Taylor stated that I may need 3 repair orders to confirm the replacement engine as a lemon. I explained to them that now that there is TSB on this issue, that three repair orders won't happen, I only returned twice, and NNA confirmed my engine was defected and informed the dealer to order the shity V2 replacement again!! In any case, I think I should be fine, but I wanted to give you all this tidbit of info. just in case you're looking to get your Z's bought back. I'll keep you all informed on my progress with my case.
they didnt give me anything to sign or give me any paper work. i was hoping to do buy back when this V2 fails but your saying i cant unless i get it replaced 2 more times?? whats the point?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
RBlover69

well i have over 15k on mine and not a drop and i do checks every 3k sucks to be you. I mean dude i do not have a special engine just a V2. So sorry you had issues. Mine are solved. I been using 0w40 with great sucess. I was actually going to trade but the V-2 since it worked prevented me from justifying trading .

Last edited by RBlover69; 02-28-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:29 AM
BabyZiLLa

well i have over 15k on mine and not a drop and i do checks every 3k sucks to be you. I mean dude i do not have a special engine just a V2. So sorry you had issues. Mine are solved. I been using 0w40 with great sucess. I was actually going to trade but the V-2 since it worked prevented me from justifying trading .
Your running Mobile 1 0-40? When did you switch? How many KM?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:11 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear a V2 success here and there.

What baffles me and has for over two years with Z's AND G's has been:

Original revup OEM with and without OC, regardless of break-in method.
First revup V1 replacement with and without OC results, regardless of break-in method.
Revup V2...with and without OC results, regardless of break-in method.
Go figure...roll of the dice possibility. Will probably never know why it's like that either.

However, I believe if you beat the living crap out of your VQ out of the box and continually before full 100% break-in, you'll run a greater risk of OC new and most likely down the road as far as longevity is concerned, but that's purely my opinion and gained knowledge from another professional source.

1200 miles is not 100% break-in btw. Know of a different break-in method than factory and motoman's. When I get my V2, I will use that method and then report back with those results. UOA's are your friend BTW.

Peace
Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
hieu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my engine replaced once and got on the waiting list for a second one. I contacted a lawyer and he got them to buy my car back in 4 weeks. Didn't charge me a cent too. He billed it off of Nissan.

Originally Posted by ZLOC06
Old 02-28-2008, 01:33 PM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Your running Mobile 1 0-40? When did you switch? How many KM?
i made the swtich to mobile 0w40 right after i got it from the dealer i wanted to see if this highly reguarded oil would post great results as resolute posted with the VQ. And in effect with my v-2 i notice i had no oil consumption after over 9 visits to the dealer and oil changes with my oil place. I drive 26 miles a day and have over 15k on this new engine so far still at H.

I change my oil every 3.5k using 0w40 with the mobile 1 syth micron filter.

Last edited by RBlover69; 02-28-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Good to hear a V2 success here and there.

However, I believe if you beat the living crap out of your VQ out of the box and continually before full 100% break-in, you'll run a greater risk of OC new and most likely down the road as far as longevity is concerned, but that's purely my opinion and gained knowledge from another professional source.

1200 miles is not 100% break-in btw. Know of a different break-in method than factory and motoman's. When I get my V2, I will use that method and then report back with those results. UOA's are your friend BTW.

Peace
Here….here…Finally something worth reading about!

Points made here:
Take it easy well past the initial 1200 mi.
A UOA is your only source, for making sure the internal components have sealed properly.

Thanks for this valuable piece of information that you acquired from a Professional Source. I hope there will be more information like this, posted in the near future.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:31 PM
ZeeForce

Great success case in point. Right up there as a pioneer with testing the V2.

Thanks for chiming in, it’s been awhile. I always enjoy hearing about your successful V2.

We need more feedback from folks that were early on the Stats List and with mileage >10k.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Here….here…Finally something worth reading about!

Points made here:
Take it easy well past the initial 1200 mi.
A UOA is your only source, for making sure the internal components have sealed properly.

Thanks for this valuable piece of information that you acquired from a Professional Source. I hope there will be more information like this, posted in the near future.
Sorry but this isn't valuable information at all. It's just one more man opinion on a subject with no proof.

Theres successful V2's that have used Motoman's breakin method too. And that is bagging the sh*t out of it from Day 1.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
antennahead

I am using dealer dino oil, 5w30 I believe, and so far so good as well. The approximately 1/2 quart per oil change interval is something I can live with, as long as this doesn't increase. The engine is approaching 9000 miles now and is getting smoother, more free-revving, and feels great.

John
Old 02-28-2008, 07:08 PM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
yea sorry mate but your gonna have to be more specific than that..
By engine "breakdown" I mean when there's oil consumption there's a real loss of compression (compression tests will show this) and very noticeable loss in that V2 torque that you feel at 1,200 miles (between 2,800-5,500 rpm).
Old 02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Celestak

OK...... I'm a dumb *** what does UOA stand for and where/how do you get this done? Had my V2 in for about a little less than a month now almost threw with the 1200k break in period...
Old 02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
ZeeForce

Used Oil Analysis (UOA)

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/258663-vq-oil-analysis-and-info.html

Go with the Dyson analysis.

PM me for more info.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion