Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:19 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by accordhybrid
Thats what I was hoping for but mine is still burning oil.
shiet man whats the point of getting new engine. sorry i didnt read threw all this thread. well hope lemon law comes in later
Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 AM
ZPimp

I'm new here and also have my 2nd V2 coming soon due to oil consumption. Likewise i'm going to go buyback - feel like i've been pimped by Nissan, hence my screen name. They specifically told me the V2 would work. Not. Once bitten twice shy.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by ZPimp
I'm new here and also have my 2nd V2 coming soon due to oil consumption. Likewise i'm going to go buyback - feel like i've been pimped by Nissan, hence my screen name. They specifically told me the V2 would work. Not. Once bitten twice shy.
Man! More and more coming back no good.

Anyone ever think that Nissan is just changing the part number without actually making any internal changes.

After all, they have consistently balked when I have called them on the carpet to prove to me that the v2 is different.

Just thought I would let the conspiracy theory loose
Old 02-13-2008, 05:04 PM
9kFever

anyone in Cali contact www.normantaylor.com . My car was bought back in a matter of three weeks! You pay nothing up front and the whole thing cost me a measly $300 out of the settlement.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
ZLOC06

Hey 9k, thanks for the info on the Lemon Law lawyer. I've contacted them and received my paperwork from them in two days. I'm not sure how many of you took a small payment from Nissan and got a new engine also, but I made sure that the paper I signed gave absolution to Nissan on the old engine. I knew that the new engine wouldn't fix the problem (of course I was right, they are ordering my second engine now), so I wanted to make sure I could sue Nissan again, if the second engine failed. This has been a nightmare, Honda Accord V6, here I come
Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 PM
ZPimp

I'm dealing direct with NNA on my backback, no attorney. I'll let u all know how it turns out. They just need to get the mileage right when the first motor started consuming.

9K - Did you get all your money back other than the $300? There was probably a formula from the mileage when the defect occurred minus the price u paid for the car. Is that correct?

Last edited by ZPimp; 02-13-2008 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:43 PM
9kFever

I'm dealing direct with NNA on my backback, no attorney. I'll let u all know how it turns out. They just need to get the mileage right when the first motor started consuming.

9K - Did you get all your money back other than the $300? There was probably a formula from the mileage when the defect occurred minus the price u paid for the car. Is that correct?
yup. mileage/120000=x x*price of car=mileage cost

Good luck with NNA, they left me no other choice when they started to ignore my calls. They give you the run around.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Doba

sucks hearing that everyone wants Nissan to buy your car back, and here I am interested in buying an 06 like a sucker.. I need to rethink this
Old 02-14-2008, 07:23 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Doba
sucks hearing that everyone wants Nissan to buy your car back, and here I am interested in buying an 06 like a sucker.. I need to rethink this
If I could do it again. I would buy an 04, buy the center console upgrade and JWT TT, intake, clutch and flywheel and call it a day. Stock exhaust, brakes, body everything. Thats the money ticket. 6sp no doubt.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:50 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

Originally Posted by Doba
just wait 2 more yrs or less and get the 370z or what ever its called.

do i need to have the engine replaced 2+ times to go through lemon law or is it ok after my 2nd engine?
Old 02-14-2008, 05:37 PM
jason350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're supposed to have 4 repair attempts. and be under 18,000 miles. which a see imposible. i dont know if one could argue that the problem began before you had 18,000 miles. my car started consuming oil around 9,000 thats when we conducted the first test. i have a record on of that. gotta build my case with hard proof.

now at 13,000 i'm getting my first engine replace. which its rediculous in a new car. i have a hyunday accent used that has 67,000 miles and it doesn't burn any oil.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by 9kFever
yup. mileage/120000=x x*price of car=mileage cost

Good luck with NNA, they left me no other choice when they started to ignore my calls. They give you the run around.
9K - thanks for the info. Since I had around 5k when it started consuming I only stand to lose about $1,300 minus what I paid. Not bad for 2 years and bald tires.

I understand the attorney in your case. NNA called me back yesterday and said they should decide this week and I'm a good candidate for buyback. In fact he said you don't need to be under 18k miles. Must be a lot of folk doing these buybacks.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Doba

Originally Posted by myZter
just wait 2 more yrs or less and get the 370z or what ever its called.

do i need to have the engine replaced 2+ times to go through lemon law or is it ok after my 2nd engine?
Ive waited 6 months now, theres no way i can wait 2 yrs..

like 4SHIZZIL mentioned.. maybe the 05' is better suited for me
Old 02-14-2008, 08:09 PM
jason350z

9K - thanks for the info. Since I had around 5k when it started consuming I only stand to lose about $1,300 minus what I paid. Not bad for 2 years and bald tires.

I understand the attorney in your case. NNA called me back yesterday and said they should decide this week and I'm a good candidate for buyback. In fact he said you don't need to be under 18k miles. Must be a lot of folk doing these buybacks.
dude so how did you come about having nissan buy your car? you went with the lemon law?

are they giving you a new Z?

how many times did they attempted to fix your car?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

Originally Posted by jason350z
dude so how did you come about having nissan buy your car? you went with the lemon law?

+1 we need new thread or answers to this.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:36 AM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by jason350z

I just called NNA and asked for a buyback - they already had 2 previous cases on me.

You don't need exactly 4 attempts to fix. every time u brought it in and they did nothing or OC testing is considered a visit. Also when Nissan knows these V2s are a failure in many cases - they know they have no true fix. They're just waiting for people to call in and ask for buyback. If NNA declines buyback then get K2's lawyer and u'll get your money.

Manufacturers will not give you a new car even though the Lemon says buyback OR replacement vehicle. They just don't and won't even consider it.

My guess is most folks buyback after their V1 fails and Nissan says they need a new engine. We've been seeing these '06 buybacks for resale at dealers all over the states. Per the Lemon law Nissan puts a new motor in (V1 or V2) and resells it in another state. Actually that's how all manufactures do it.

Last edited by ZPimp; 02-15-2008 at 04:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:53 AM
Doba

My guess is most folks buyback after their V1 fails and Nissan says they need a new engine. We've been seeing these '06 buybacks for resale at dealers all over the states. Per the Lemon law Nissan puts a new motor in (V1 or V2) and resells it in another state. Actually that's how all manufactures do it.
exactly there are so many 06's for sale its crazy, and a lot have dropped to as low as $19K!! pretty sad when I see more 05's going for more money.

they just resell them and hope the new customer is clueless
Old 02-15-2008, 06:54 AM
06CPV35

And 04's...just saw one on non-Nissan dealer lot with 66K for 21.9. Blue Booked at 20.9. Geez.
Lots of 05 and 06 6mt G35's for sale too...wonder why lol.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:11 AM
ZLOC06

Default Buy Back

Well just spoke with Nissan Rep. this morning, and I must say, this time they really did seem more concerned about my issue. They brought up my past complaints on my first engine, and the informed me that I would here back from them within 2 business days regarding my buyback request. Now granted, I've heard the same sob story before, but at least this time I got to go straight to the rep who will be handling my case. I'm still rolling with the Lemon Law lawyer that 9k provided, but I'm trying to get this done as quickly as possible. The dealer just ordered my second replacement engine (********), and at this point it doesn't even matter. I just want my chips back, so I can go get the new Honda Accord, and place a picture of my Z on the steering wheel to remember, "what could have been!!"
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 AM
joe_blow_xbox

ZLOC06 and Zpimp, good luck with your buyback.

Keep us up to date on the buyback, and a question for both of you. How much are you consuming with your new motors? If you could fill update the OC stats on page 1, we would get a better idea when to start buyback.

... my faith in the V2 fixing the issue is diminishing more by the day ...

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion