Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
MasterRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Yes it does thank you. I'm a vet to this issue 2+ yrs. Work orders showing 'customer states' etc. Now that TSB released I qualify for replacement with 2+ years of self monitoring and started official OC test. Never started test back then bc I was never 1qt/1000mi or worse. I was 6-8mm down at 950mi, which is less consumption than normal since dealer changed oil and knew to start testing...hmmm. I have suspicions around that additionally. Past 2yrs at 1K, I'd be 8-10mm down. At 2300-2600mi, 24mm down.

When dealer checked at 1100mi they said I was at full and showed me...BS!! That's okay...I'll play their game and see where I'm at next visit. I requested test to continue. I also have a UOA on my oil from 20K-25K on VQ that proves blow-by and fuel dilute. Saving that doc for 3rd party documentation if needed. My G35 will not leave my sight next time it sits for drain back time and then they check level. No expiration time on TSB, so if I can be patient longer, I could try OC test again at a later time with a different more honest dealer. But my patience is very thin these days and tired of this OC issue since Jan 06 when bought new.

I see the paper trail this current dealer is trying to create too, officially having no OC issues So sad some of these dealers

Appreciate your response and insite. Thanks again

NO problemo dude, I hope all goes well. I believe you should have gone through BBB route awhile back ago, they take age/milage etc at the time that they open up the case but best of luck man. Ill post more info as I get the engine swap.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:51 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by myZter
i took mines in monday night called today and they said its not done. how long does it take?

they told me a couple days. probably be done by this saturday... all good though theyre paying for the rental.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by ZPimp
I'm right behind you. If NNA turns down my buyback offer I'll call your lawyer. I've had 3 motors and am sick to my stomach over all this.

Folks don't count on the V2 stats - the jury is still out and we are just 2 of the many who are seeing OC early on. The V2 is not a fix and there's no V3 in the works according to NNA. I would consider buyback before its too late and your vehicle consumes at 32k or 64k and becomes a gross poluter.

well as long as you have have started the process before the end of you warranty you are good.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Riggz

hey guys ive got oil consumption on my 2006 but not sure if it meets the criteria just yet. Ive only got 18000km on it so far. But in the event that i do get my engine replaced i have a few questions.

what is the V2 engine? is it the 2007 engine with dual intakes?

On average how long did it take the dealers replace your engines? And are you satisfied with the installation? Just worried about a hack installation job!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

**** man just got my car back from WCN and i hate my car even more.. i waited almost 40 minutes to get my car. i left my intake on since its jwt intake and they put that back on like shiet. all the hose connected to the engine shows its been tempered with (atleast put it back the way it was). i got off the free way and as i was turning the rear of the car sounded like something was falling apart. imma drive this Z for this year and sell it or something. hopefully my new engine will burn oil so i can do lemon law.

cliff note
engine is dirty and reinstall is
intake is not fit in correctly
rear makes noise
the shift gears feel wack

Last edited by myZter; 02-22-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:25 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

V2 is another shiety engine from nissan. left my car monday night and got it back today (friday)
Originally Posted by Riggz
hey guys ive got oil consumption on my 2006 but not sure if it meets the criteria just yet. Ive only got 18000km on it so far. But in the event that i do get my engine replaced i have a few questions.

what is the V2 engine? is it the 2007 engine with dual intakes?

On average how long did it take the dealers replace your engines? And are you satisfied with the installation? Just worried about a hack installation job!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:40 PM
markiev37

With all these unsuccesful v2 replacement engines being put in I have decided to not to do anything as of yet since mine is a "lower" consumer...about 1.5qts per oil change....Curious if I just keep the oil level full and the consumtion stays the same what if any damage will occur to the engine???.....
Old 02-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Zsilverstone13

Originally Posted by myZter
**** man just got my car back from WCN and i hate my car even more.. i waited almost 40 minutes to get my car. i left my intake on since its jwt intake and they put that back on like shiet. my gauge doesnt read the rear tire psi, the all the hose connected to the engine shows its been tempered with (atleast put it back the way it was). i got off the free way and as i was turning the rear of the car sounded like something was falling apart. imma drive this Z for this year and sell it or something. hopefully my new engine will burn oil so i can do lemon law.

cliff note
engine is dirty and reinstall is
intake is not fit in correctly
rear tire psi not working
rear makes noise
the shift gears feel wack
Sounds like the dealer you went to isn't competent. The dealer who installed my V2 engine did very good job, and wash my car too. It only took me 5 mins to pick up the car and went on my way. I just broke in the engine, but so far, it looks like it's burning oil too.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

not to be mean but im happy to hear that the v2 is burning oil so i can get my money back..
Originally Posted by Zsilverstone13
Sounds like the dealer you went to isn't competent. The dealer who installed my V2 engine did very good job, and wash my car too. It only took me 5 mins to pick up the car and went on my way. I just broke in the engine, but so far, it looks like it's burning oil too.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:05 PM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by Zsilverstone13
Yep - I noticed my first V2 was consuming from the start (it's very hard to read the dip stick when it was under 1k) but it was going down.

I can't say it enough but folks need to buyback - this V2 is not a fix. We should all sue Nissan - this is rediculous.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:29 PM
accordhybrid

Zpimp I sent you a PM

I agree Nissan/Infiniti need to just admit that there is no fix yet. I was thinking while I was sitting at the dealership for the my car. Is Infiniti telling the people that bring there cars in for oil changes that there could be a problem with oil consumption? What about all of the people that just drive the car and its burning oil, they are going to be left out to dry by N/I after the warranty period is up.

I feel sorry for those people.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:41 AM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by accordhybrid
Zpimp I sent you a PM

I agree Nissan/Infiniti need to just admit that there is no fix yet. I was thinking while I was sitting at the dealership for the my car. Is Infiniti telling the people that bring there cars in for oil changes that there could be a problem with oil consumption? What about all of the people that just drive the car and its burning oil, they are going to be left out to dry by N/I after the warranty period is up.

I feel sorry for those people.
Well the dealers are aware of the problem now - they were kept in the dark by Nissan for over 2 years. So we all brought some light on this issue.

It really is a lemon now with the V2 being a failure and no V3 in the works and we should treat it as a lemon.

Word needs to get out so others don't get doopted/jipped/ripped off/etc..
Old 02-23-2008, 09:26 AM
BabyZiLLa

Word is out. There's just nothing we can do.

I'm taking my V2 engine. Because i think it will fix it? Nope. Because they agreed to install my aftermarket clutch/flywheel at the same time for free. I have zero interest in Nissan's POS engines. I'll build it next year and be done with it.

They can't build one. I'll do it myself.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:44 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Word is out. There's just nothing we can do.

I'm taking my V2 engine. Because i think it will fix it? Nope. Because they agreed to install my aftermarket clutch/flywheel at the same time for free. I have zero interest in Nissan's POS engines. I'll build it next year and be done with it.

They can't build one. I'll do it myself.
GTM was actually working with Nissan about this. Basically allowing consumers to have built motors done for free while tting Nissan wipe their hands clean of any warranty. Dont know if anything ever materialized from this. Nick at GTM had mentioned this to a friend of mine.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by 9kFever
GTM was actually working with Nissan about this. Basically allowing consumers to have built motors done for free while tting Nissan wipe their hands clean of any warranty. Dont know if anything ever materialized from this. Nick at GTM had mentioned this to a friend of mine.
That would be awesome. I tried to talk NNA into paying for my built motor instead of a V2 and taking there warranty and shoving it up there ***. I never even got a call back.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:28 PM
imseksy

got my car back, starting tests now. sucks how i cant go past 4k rpm =(
Old 02-24-2008, 11:04 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by imseksy
got my car back, starting tests now. sucks how i cant go past 4k rpm =(
**** that. Follow motoman break in.. Nissan can't even build an engine that doesn't consume. Why would you listen to their break in advice.

Personally, I don't take financial advice from a bum.. Nor do i take engine advice from someone who can't get it right.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:02 AM
imseksy

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
**** that. Follow motoman break in.. Nissan can't even build an engine that doesn't consume. Why would you listen to their break in advice.

Personally, I don't take financial advice from a bum.. Nor do i take engine advice from someone who can't get it right.
wow ur really deep about that. wut is the motoman break in? sorry i dont have time to read all 100 some odd pages of this thread.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:54 AM
RBlover69

damn sorry you guys are having issues my V2 was a complete fix granted i been using 0w40 mobile 1 oil since they first put the engine in . But yea man my reguards revup peeps.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:54 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imseksy
wow ur really deep about that. wut is the motoman break in? sorry i dont have time to read all 100 some odd pages of this thread.
Go look on first page. ZeeForce updates it here and there with new info etc. Many links there. Look for 'Break-in' the factory proceedures as well as the motoman link is listed.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion