Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
ZPimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easiest buyback I've ever done - Nissan knows this one's a lemon - the V1 and the V2 - evidenced by the fact they agreed to buy it back even with a brand new V2 in it. Huhh????

It's a great feeling

Basically I've had a free car for the past 2 years. Oh, I did pay for gas - but they can have the bald tires!

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-08-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:29 PM
jason350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZPimp
Easiest buyback I've ever done - Nissan knows this one's a lemon - the V1 and the V2 - evidenced by the fact they agreed to buy it back even with a brand new V2 in it. Huhh????

It's a great feeling

Basically I've had a free car for the past 2 years. Oh, I did pay for gas - but they can have the bald tires!

so where did you drop of the Z. at some dealer or someone will pick it up.

also i have a spoiler on my z. if i sell my z back to nissan and take the spoiler of i'm gonna have like 6 wholes, you think they'll give me a hard time for that, or they wont care. caus eone thing is that my body kit is coming off, those parts are expensive plus paint, forget that.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:34 PM
joe_blow_xbox

It's a great feeling

+1 on everything

Congrats, ZPimp the renegade.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:40 PM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by jason350z
so where did you drop of the Z. at some dealer or someone will pick it up.

also i have a spoiler on my z. if i sell my z back to nissan and take the spoiler of i'm gonna have like 6 wholes, you think they'll give me a hard time for that, or they wont care. caus eone thing is that my body kit is coming off, those parts are expensive plus paint, forget that.
You end up dropping it off at a dealer and a 3rd party may show up just to sign the paper that they reveived it.

They could deduct for the 6 holes. Either that or leave the mods on but you won't see them again.

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-08-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
06CPV35

Congrats on your easy buy back ZPimp. You have lots of good info about that, plus others with attorney name, their experiences, etc, etc.
However, your multiple posts are completely off topic to this threads title and subject context.

I feel a new thread should be made on buy back where it could be discussed and the procedures for all the people who have made the buy back decision or seeking info how to.
You have valuable info to share with your experience and I'm confident it would gain a lot of attention if you started such a thread.

Just a suggestion in trying to get the context of this thread back in order

Last edited by 06CPV35; 03-08-2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: revised
Old 03-08-2008, 06:27 PM
06CPV35

BTW: No I didn't take NNA's $4500, why would I want to accept that **** poor offer if I chose to go buy back? lol.
I've know my rights as a consumer way before I even owned my G35 coupe. lol.

I'm also an author of a thread here, Driver and on other forums that share our consumer rights on defective equipment, to possibly put fire under NNA with this issue and to have a recall mandated by the government. Perhaps that may have enticed NNA to finally release their TBS for Z/G's, who knows. The point is, I made a separate thread on that so this thread could stay on topic and the link to file your complaint is on the first page of this thread.

Enjoy your money and enjoy whatever you get next.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:51 PM
ZeeForce

First point (UOA) - Okay I'm exagerating to get my point across. I understand it's a science and the value of it. Best way to understand OC is to look at the dipstick with the naked eye, the same way the TSB instructs dealers to do it - by loss in mm. Go right ahead and pay for UOA and compression tests which will definately indicate there's a problem or not - and yes if compression is low and UOA shows ring and cylinder wear, yes, it's probably related to the FLAW in these motors - OC and blowby is another clear indicator of the problem you and I and everyone can test on their own.

Second point - right but wrong. No dah not all V1s and V2s consume excessively but there should be NO V1s or V2s consuming as we are seeing and to this degree. The '06 automatic doesn't - just look at their tail pipes. Shame on Nissan for not getting it right.

Did you also take the money? I hope you're not sold out.
We know there is a mechanical defect with the V1' so you are not telling us anything we already know. What some of us are providing to the other members here is the cause and effect of the mechanical failure.

With the V2 it is not FLAWED, because not all are having the problems that you are experiencing, furthermore for some of us, just knowing that the V1's have blow by and OC is not good enough for some of us and we want to know more on the mechanical failure.

I have used the word mechanical failure in the last paragraph, because I am referring to the V1. The "flawed V2"" you refer to, is only flawed by the owner’s break-in procedure and driving habits and no dipstick reading is going to tell you if the internal components have sealed. Only a UOA will tell you this.

Reg: your second point: "...there should be NO V1s or V2s consuming as we are seeing and to this degree. The '06 automatic doesn't..."

OMG... do you know, there is an engine difference between the 06 AT & MT?

Take the money, what money.. You are the only one talking about money and signing an agreement. Early on members received cash for the inconvenience NNA put them through, but they never signed anything.

I received an extended warranty...but never signed any release form as you speak of…...Sounds like you were the only one here that was PIMPED. And now are bitter because you cannot get them to BB, and have stirred a pot on the BB BW, which is off topic and you really should open a new thread and help out members that wish to go that route and end up driving next week a WRX or something. This thread is for OC and a remedy. BB BW is another topic.

You have been yammering at the jaw about all the failed V2's and that we are proof. Take look at the Stats List and the numbers speak for themselves. There are more in the OK range than the No Good Range. Some of us here are looking for some valuable information and for the last four weeks you have hijacked this thread with your bitter negativism, because your second V2is consuming oil and you make statements that all are bad. Well there are many here doing well with the V2, just look at the Stats List. And the ones on the borderline or have excessive OC with the V2 are looking here for some answers and not you ranting on the soap box for a BB BW.

A few of us are making a contribution to the members here, that are interested a scientific analysis of a V2.

If you would be so kind to take a few minutes and fill out the Stats List template that I just pm'd you with, it would be greatly appreciated. Please send it back to me.

Cheers
-Curtis
Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
However, your multiple posts are completely off topic to this threads title and subject context.

I feel a new thread should be made on buy back where it could be discussed and the proceedures for all the people who have made the buy back decision.
You have valuable info to share with your experience.

Just a suggestion in trying to get the context of this thread back in order. You could start one up
Here...Here... I second the motion.

The point is, I made a separate thread on that so this thread could stay on topic and the link to file your complaint is on the first page of this thread.

Enjoy your money and enjoy whatever you get next.
+1 +1 ...long over due for that statement.

I bet he buys a yugo.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 PM
E K

Is there a time limit on the buyback in California? I'd rather have Nissan buyback my 2003 G35 which had oil consumption starting at least at 50,000 miles (prob was much earlier, but I never checked the levels myself, figured the dealer would have let me know if it was low).
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by E K
Is there a time limit on the buyback in California? I'd rather have Nissan buyback my 2003 G35 which had oil consumption starting at least at 50,000 miles (prob was much earlier, but I never checked the levels myself, figured the dealer would have let me know if it was low).

Off Topic.....check the first page for links. Someone needs to start a new thread on BB BW with help and procedures.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:33 AM
ZPimp

your multiple posts are completely off topic to this threads title and subject context. I feel a new thread should be made on buy back order
Disagree: Folks who read this thread have a serious problem (excessive OC) and need to make informed decisions about their alternatives:

1) take the money Nissan is offering and keep the car;
2) take NNA's buyback offer;
3) do neither #1 or #2 but wait for a V3;
4) sell it after taking the $4,500;
5) etc..

There are a number of ways people can benefit from this situation. We need to inform them of all the alternatives and ramafications. They want to hear all sides and not just one person's opinion.

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-09-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:54 AM
ZPimp

BTW: No I didn't take NNA's $4500, why would I want to accept that **** poor offer if I chose to go buy back? lol.
See, I have you thinking about buyback..

And good for you, you know the law and it's is there on your side and you can implement it anytime you feel the need to.

You can also continue to demand new motors at Nissan's expense or later down the road if your V2 fails - engage Nissan to buyback - you stand to lose nothing.

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-09-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:59 AM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
What some of us are providing to the other members here is the cause and effect of the mechanical failure.
I'm all for providing "cause and effect of mechanical failure" - and others who have differing opinions about your theory or processes have a right to oppose your view point, don't they?

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-09-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:01 AM
ZPimp

With the V2 it is not FLAWED, because not all are having the problems that you are experiencing,
What kind of logic is this? The V2 "is not FLAWED because not all are having problems???" Not all had problems with their V1 either. It was FLAWED.

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-09-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:25 AM
ZPimp

The "flawed V2"" you refer to, is only flawed by the owner’s break-in procedure and driving habits.
Oh, so the V2 is only flawed because of the way we drive it - our driving habits. Back on page 72 you had the opposite opinion - about the V1 you said, ["peoples driving habits" is a joke.]

And let me guess - even though the owners' manual states break-in is 1,200 miles you think you need to baby it further to 15k or 18k miles. So those of us who follow Nissan's break-in period and then opt to step on the gas are just flawing the engine because of the way we drive - I don't think so. Maybe we should not use that rev up zone at all?

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-09-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:36 AM
ZPimp

We know there is a mechanical defect with the V1' so you are not telling us anything we already know.
There are mechanical defects with the V2 as well.

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-09-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:42 AM
ZPimp

The "flawed V2"" you refer to, is only flawed by the owner’s break-in procedure and driving habits.
I like that!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:43 AM
ZPimp

Only a UOA will tell you this.
Really?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:45 AM
ZPimp

And now are bitter because you cannot get them to BB
Wrong! Would you like me to post my buyback papers? Oh, that's right, no one can talk about BB on this thread.

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-09-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:50 AM
ZPimp

And now are bitter because you cannot get them to BB
Bitter at Nissan about not getting it right, yes, but happy about buyback.

Last edited by ZPimp; 03-09-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion