Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 02:02 PM
ZeeForce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my new engine - on the pallet

Here she is, what a masterpiece. The pics do not do justice, I just wanted to park my sleeping bag there next for the entire weekend before Monday's install.

I grabbed the sticker off the box and it's looks like ( I cannot read Japanese) it was built on 07/18. Dunno what the "B" after the date represents, maybe before Brunch, or before Beer". And finished 07/19, "D" for dusk.

The part# is:10102 AC7MZ, hand built in Japan shipped to Compton, CA, then to Roseville, CA.

There is another one behind mine still in the box, so it will be three installs for this dealer. I am told that the lead tech (best) is doing my car.

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03746.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03747.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03731.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03737.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03738.jpg
Old 09-08-2007, 02:05 PM
ZeeForce

A few more.

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03745.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03739.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03741.jpg
Old 09-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Here she is, what a masterpiece. The pics do not do justice, I just wanted to park my sleeping bag there next for the entire weekend before Monday's install.

I grabbed the sticker off the box and it's looks like ( I cannot read Japanese) it was built on 07/18. Dunno what the "B" after the date represents, maybe before Brunch, or before Beer". And finished 07/19, "D" for dusk.

The part# is:10102 AC7MZ, hand built in Japan shipped to Compton, CA, then to Roseville, CA.

There is another one behind mine still in the box, so it will be three installs for this dealer. I am told that the lead tech (best) is doing my car.

Attachment 161047

Attachment 161048

Attachment 161049

Attachment 161050

Attachment 161051

Dude, that's *****in man! I got so excited watching those pics, I think I may need to change my boxers.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:13 PM
ZeeForce

btw: I was told, that I was looking at a $6,800 long block engine (as seen in pics).
Old 09-08-2007, 02:16 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
Dude, that's *****in man! I got so excited watching those pics, I think I may need to change my boxers.
Yeh! I get wood every time I look at them.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Nismospeed4life

btw: I was told, that I was looking at a $6,800 long block engine (as seen in pics).
I could only imagine the labors cost.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:23 PM
ZeeForce

A few more.

There were some numbers on top of the block (first pic) and some on the LHS side (second pic).

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03733.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03736.jpg

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion-dsc03734.jpg

Last edited by ZeeForce; 09-08-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Nismospeed4life

Yeh! I get wood every time I look at them.
I'm happy for you man!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:30 PM
ZeeForce

I could only imagine the labors cost.
Dealer gets some $$, prolly not as much as if "Customer pays".

I had my 05 SS' engine dropped, and that took 4 hrs to remove, manual states 6 hrs. Then again we are not talkin apples to apples here. Here there is still a lot to remove and install on the new long block. They want to keep till Weds, (three days) in case they need to order a part. So prolly 2 days tops, I might see it Tuesday night. I told em to take their time.

Last edited by ZeeForce; 09-08-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:33 PM
ZeeForce

I'm happy for you man!
Thanks, I am not over the hump yet, gotta see how this holds up on drinking dino. Thanks again. I will keep everyone posted.

btw: I'm a pic *****.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Nismospeed4life

Thanks, I am not over the hump yet, gotta see how this holds up on drinking dino. Thanks again. I will keep everyone posted.

btw: I'm a pic *****.
I understand!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Mid117

The BBB works wonders....They want to schedule me for an arbitration hearing...I'm going to be tough on Nissan, I'm pushing for them to buy back the car, if not, a new motor + 100k warranty is the least I'm gonna get.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:28 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by Mid117
The BBB works wonders....They want to schedule me for an arbitration hearing...I'm going to be tough on Nissan, I'm pushing for them to buy back the car, if not, a new motor + 100k warranty is the least I'm gonna get.
Will Nissan give you full price for what you purchased the car for, or a depreciated value?

Reg: New motor and warranty - I asked Nissan N.A. yesterday "What will be my warranty, since a new engine is being replaced?" Their reply was "You will carry your existing 60k or 60 months". Does not seem fair since I have 20k on the car now. Worse case scenario, 2 more engines at 20k miles to get it right before my warranty runs out. Although that would make 3 attempts for the same problem not resolved, then I would use CA's Lemon Law.

I hope it does NOT come down to this, cuz I love the car. Although the money I could recoup (as I would loose on full paid price of the car) I could put towards a 09 Z. I will run out of mileage on the warranty before the 60 months.

Good luck and keep us posted. Use the FRAUD issue with the BBB.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:04 PM
creationv2

okay, so my concern was a false alarm it was nothing to do with the engine...there was a brace where one side hada bolt come completely off and was makign hte knocking noise i heard when it vibrated on the cats or the under part of the car.

i checked the dipstick prior and it was like 1/4 or a lil less over L...but when they checked it they said it was half (still the same when they last checked it)

my oil pressure was lower than normal the night before (well the day) but this morning it was fine.

so in all it was a false alarm and/or i just had a badd and very paranoid night/day
Old 09-09-2007, 10:29 AM
ZackMax99

I had posted this on another site, and wanted to share my experience and that this may help others when dealing with Nissan North America.

I am getting a new engine!

Friday I was notified by the service manager and Nissan North America that they have a NEW modified 2006 long block engine being shipped to the dealer for me. The service mgr said it’s all secret and he does not know what they modified, he said it’s so difficult getting anything from their engineering department. Although his sources indicate it has new rings, pistons and something else. It’s all sketchy to him, although the dealer did install their first of these modified engines last week. So I will be number two for this dealerships install. Btw: As mentioned earlier regarding some dealership spilled the beans and said that Nissan had a bad batch of cars that were manufactured between February and May of 2006, with bad piston rings. Well he confirmed this was true, and mine was manufactured in March 2006.

How did I get a new engine?

I went to Nissan North America this last time and stated to them that they knew in September of 2005, that they had an oil consumption problem with the 2006 manual transmission models. And issues with models manufactured between February and May of 2006 (my car was manufactured in March of 2006). And that you knew this when I purchased my car in May of 2006 and you did not inform me prior to the purchase of the car that it has an oil consumption problem therefore you have committed FRAUD. If you had informed me of the issue at the time of purchase I would have had the choice to buy or not buy the car. By not disclosing this information prior to the sale to a buyer (me) and being aware of the problem, you have committed FRAUD and if need be I would get an attorney.

Fraud is worse than a class action suit and they realized it and started the gears to get me a new engine.

One tip, do not **** off the service mgr at the dealership. Nissan North America had to call the dealer to get their recommendation. Odd as it may seem, Nissan North America has the final say on to replace it or not. When I questioned this with Nissan N.A. and said “why do you need to speak or check with them, you have the final say, you dictate to the dealer what they need to do”. His reply was “It’s procedure for the red tape”. So treat the service mgr good, and get to a point after several face to face discussions, then ask him if you should open a file with Nissan North America. He may say no, but then do it. My service mgr said not to tell Nissan North America that he suggested I call them. So my advice is to ask him if you should, then present the facts that nothing is being done since Sept 2005. Do this after about two months of bringing continuing issues to him. Then it will take another two months with Nissan North America. Give them a chance, but keeping calling back Once I blew a gasket with Nissan North America and threaten FRAUD, they reacted within 5 days and informed me of new engine. But build up your case file with Nissan N.A. Also there needs to be documentation at the dealership or keep your own log on the oil consumption. Cases may vary, mine went this way.

Yazoo! I am getting a new engine.

Why is Nissan Giving you guys such a hard time with this? I purchased my car last october. It is a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe with 6mt. I had an oil change done at 1600 miles after i felt the motor was broken in. I then had another oil change done at 3600 miles by Infiniti under the maint schedule. At about 6000 miles I checked the oil and it was low there was no oil to be seen in the hatch on the dip stick.
I took it to Infiniti the next morning the checked it filled up and said they would be doing an oil consumption test. i would have to come back every 1000 miles for them to check it.
So I did. i went back at 1000 miles, 2000 miles and 3000 miles. At 3000 miles it was lower than they thought it would be so they did a compression test. The compression was low 180psi in 4 cylinders and 160 in 2 cylinders. i was told that they will be replacing the motor and the paper work is being submitted. That was it I didn't have to fight nissan/infiniti. I don't see why some of you guys have to go to extremes like the BBB.
The other day I was called by my service advisor and told that they don't have sufficent engines to replace mine at this time so Infiniti will pay for oil changes until they replace the motor. The car is just shy of 10K and I will be going in for an oil change tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by ZackMax99
Why is Nissan Giving you guys such a hard time with this? I purchased my car last october. It is a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe with 6mt. I had an oil change done at 1600 miles after i felt the motor was broken in. I then had another oil change done at 3600 miles by Infiniti under the maint schedule. At about 6000 miles I checked the oil and it was low there was no oil to be seen in the hatch on the dip stick.
I took it to Infiniti the next morning the checked it filled up and said they would be doing an oil consumption test. i would have to come back every 1000 miles for them to check it.
So I did. i went back at 1000 miles, 2000 miles and 3000 miles. At 3000 miles it was lower than they thought it would be so they did a compression test. The compression was low 180psi in 4 cylinders and 160 in 2 cylinders. i was told that they will be replacing the motor and the paper work is being submitted. That was it I didn't have to fight nissan/infiniti. I don't see why some of you guys have to go to extremes like the BBB.
The other day I was called by my service advisor and told that they don't have sufficent engines to replace mine at this time so Infiniti will pay for oil changes until they replace the motor. The car is just shy of 10K and I will be going in for an oil change tomorrow.
That really depends on which dealer you go and who you talk to. The first Nissan dealer I called end up telling me that the oil consumption that I am having was normal, and so did the second dealer I went to. The third dealer I went suggested that I bring the car in to start an oil consumption and a compression test on the car.

I know that for a fact, that although Infiniti is the same as Nissan, they do offer exeptional customer service. Which is the reason why I take my car to Infinfiti and not Nissan to service my car. Except for those things that are warranty issues.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:41 AM
NeverBoneStock

for whatever reason it seems that the infinity side of it is treated alot better than the nissan side!! i was told by nna to go the bbb route and guess what im getting a new engine !! i had to pull teeth!!
Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
for whatever reason it seems that the infinity side of it is treated alot better than the nissan side!! i was told by nna to go the bbb route and guess what im getting a new engine !! i had to pull teeth!!
I guess that's why they call it INFINIT "I"
Old 09-09-2007, 02:33 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by ZackMax99
Why is Nissan Giving you guys such a hard time with this?..... At 3000 miles it was lower than they thought it would be so they did a compression test. The compression was low 180psi in 4 cylinders and 160 in 2 cylinders. i was told that they will be replacing the motor and the paper work is being submitted. That was it I didn't have to fight nissan/infiniti. I don't see why some of you guys have to go to extremes like the BBB.
The other day I was called by my service advisor and told that they don't have sufficient engines to replace mine at this time so Infiniti will pay for oil changes until they replace the motor. The car is just shy of 10K and I will be going in for an oil change tomorrow.
Because it's David vs Goliath and Nissan does not want fess up that there is an issue, they do not know what exactly is causing OC, they have tried short block replacements and it failed, they have a new modified V2 long block hand built from Japan, (mine included) that some have still seen OC. I am not sure on my generation (if it is a new gen) of the V2. They want to keep good ratings with consumer reports, they did not want to own up to a major issue which could cause widespread panic and $$ out of their pockets as like in the previous "tire feathering" issue. It was not until it hit the media (TV) and the government stepped in and slapped their hands. Same for the Altima issue. They and the dealerships are playing fat, dumb and happy when an owner brings up oil consumption, lying to us, hoping we will accept the "it's normal", and they are winning at this point, because a lot of people do not know they have the issue and a lot have accepted the "it's normal" line. A lot will find out after their warranty has ran out. They would like to masque the real issue by having us run with heavier weight oil and other gimmicks, until they find a permanent resolution.

If the dealer told you that they do not have enough engines and they will pay for you oil changes, that alone is saying there will be two or three or more 4k oil changes before your engine comes in. In the mean time you are racking up mileage on your warranty and will only have a shorter warranty once the engine finally shows up. I would be calling them and complaining. Two engines were shipped to my dealership within five days of N.N.A. approving the engine replacement. Mine arrived last Friday along with the second one. I dunno, maybe there are differences in your G35 block and the Z block, I thought they were the same down there, I may be wrong. Another reason is prolly because there are more Z's out there than G's and it would hurt them more in the pocket book. Some are not getting any cooperation from the dealership and/or N.N.A. therefore BBB is the best route, at least it will get Nissan to start the long process. And for those that have given N.N.A. the three attemp fix, it's the way to recoup all of the purchase price plus any other costs within the lemom law of their state.

k...now that I got that off my chest, so off the soap box. No rudeness intended and prolly I have no stomping rights due to that I am still catching up on 73 pages on this thread and I am only at page 13. My V2 is in, and will be installed Monday; I have my fingers crossed; only miles will tell.

Let me know if I am on crack.

Last edited by ZeeForce; 09-09-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Nismospeed4life

^^

You are not on crack my friend, and the only people that will understand our issues are those that are going through it. Is when it hits home that it hurts.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion