Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:27 PM
ZeeForce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I am brushing up on some homework, reading this thread from the start, I am now on page 17. I do not want to come off as a newb and not know what is going on and developed. The other site has a thread running, but its only 7 pages, not nearly as helpful as here. I appreciate that so many have shared their experiences for others like myself, to learn and see what has worked for some and may work for me, and likewise. I will share my experiences and testing with my new V2.

"There is safety in numbers"
"Information is power"

Q: Has the new V2 solved the OC for all, or only some?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:24 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Thanks, I am brushing up on some homework, reading this thread from the start, I am now on page 17. I do not want to come off as a newb and not know what is going on and developed. The other site has a thread running, but its only 7 pages, not nearly as helpful as here. I appreciate that so many have shared their experiences for others like myself, to learn and see what has worked for some and may work for me, and likewise. I will share my experiences and testing with my new V2.

"There is safety in numbers"
"Information is power"

Q: Has the new V2 solved the OC for all, or only some?
Don't know yet, too early to tell. I only have 1400 miles on the new engine, but so far it looks promising.

John
Old 09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just wondering, some of the owners with V2 versions seems to still be having O.C. problems. Are these engines the ones that are supposedly "hand build" from Japan?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
ZPHILE

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
I was just wondering, some of the owners with V2 versions seems to still be having O.C. problems. Are these engines the ones that are supposedly "hand build" from Japan?
Yes.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by ZPHILE
Yes.
What is Nissan doing about it?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 PM
ZeeForce

Update on my V2.

My service advisor from the dealer called this afternoon and said the install went very good and smooth, and they were connecting the wires and such. From what I heard the service mgr will be driving it home tonight, and maybe it will be ready for delivery tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:44 PM
RBlover69

update from my V2, checked the oil today after some spirited driving and shes still at H man. My v2 def did the charm. Did about 140 on i4 then did some digs . Then did some rev matching and some more spritited driving . I now have 4k on the new motor and no oil consumption. My oil is 0w40 mobile 1 synth . And im finally done with this damn oil issue. thank god . Thats 3 oil checks and a change to synthetic.Its about damn time. Let my 300rwhp revup goal begin. ALso we need some more revups to step up the NA game man. I believe we can hit 300rwhp tuned. I mean we already hit 290 rwhp lets step it up man. lol
we need like a revup thread dedicated to our model man .
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 PM
ZeeForce

Congrats on finding the right weight and type of oil, where she does not burn!
I just read back a few pages to pg 70 and saw that you guys were using a different weight oil and some with synth on the V2. Is'nt this defeating the purpose of us getting an non oil consumption V2, that is supposed to run on 5w-30 dino with out the OC?

btw: I asked the service mgr Saturday, what oil are they putting in my new V2. He said 5w-30 dino... I guess that I am going to see if the dino guzzles or not, and go from there with Nissan on another replacement. I am for the hevier weight, but isnt that what Nissan was first telling us to run, a heavier weight oil? Isnt that just masking the problem?

Some one please educate me.

Last edited by ZeeForce; 09-10-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Hey guys! My status after 1500 miles with the V2 is looking good. I run this car hard because I wanted it to burn oil (after 4 engines), but it appears its not going to. I have agreed with Nissan to evaluate until the end of September, but I don't think my status will change.
At this point, I'll take my 100k warranty and move on. My son gets this car in November and I'm moving on to a G37.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Mid117

^^Hmm, so we got some good news at least...nice job guys, don't back down
Old 09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Durden76

I finally took my Z in for my V2 "hand-built" engine today. Its been a year since to first consumption tests were performed. After months of ignored, unreturned calls I got the BBB involved and here I am, finally. I hope the new V2 does what its supposed to. I'll keep everyone posted.
BTW what kind of loaner/rental has everyone been getting? I was pleasantly surprised to be set up in an Armada for the rest of the week.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:36 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by Durden76
I finally took my Z in for my V2 "hand-built" engine today. BTW what kind of loaner/rental has everyone been getting? I was pleasantly surprised to be set up in an Armada for the rest of the week.

Chevie Abortion, cheapest one they had... then again NNA would not flip the bill and said the dealer had the say on that. Since out of my pocket, went with the Abortion.. Returned to abortion and picked up the new V2 a few minutes ago and to my surprise the dealer picked up the tab on the rental.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:53 PM
RBlover69

Chevie Abortion, cheapest one they had... then again NNA would not flip the bill and said the dealer had the say on that. Since out of my pocket, went with the Abortion.. Returned to abortion and picked up the new V2 a few minutes ago and to my surprise the dealer picked up the tab on the rental.
man what da hell is a Chevie Abortion
Old 09-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by RBlover69
A Chevy abortion is pretty much anything that Chevy makes. lol
Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Nismospeed4life

Congrats on finding the right weight and type of oil, where she does not burn!
I just read back a few pages to pg 70 and saw that you guys were using a different weight oil and some with synth on the V2. Is'nt this defeating the purpose of us getting an non oil consumption V2, that is supposed to run on 5w-30 dino with out the OC?

btw: I asked the service mgr Saturday, what oil are they putting in my new V2. He said 5w-30 dino... I guess that I am going to see if the dino guzzles or not, and go from there with Nissan on another replacement. I am for the hevier weight, but isnt that what Nissan was first telling us to run, a heavier weight oil? Isnt that just masking the problem?

Some one please educate me.
This thread should help you a lot, it is definitly the best thread in oil education I've ever seen. And it was specially done for VQ35 D.E. Engines.

Enjoy: https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/258663-vq-oil-analysis-and-info.html
Old 09-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Nismospeed4life

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPHILE
Yes.

What is Nissan doing about it?

The part that I dont understand is that if in fact it was a faulty machine the culprit to the O.C. problems that everyone is having, then, how come a "hand-build" engine "from Japan" has not effectively fix all the problems?!

Old 09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Nismospeed4life

Update on my V2.

My service advisor from the dealer called this afternoon and said the install went very good and smooth, and they were connecting the wires and such. From what I heard the service mgr will be driving it home tonight, and maybe it will be ready for delivery tomorrow.
ZeeForce, I just hope and pray that the service manager does not try to "break................in" your car.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by RBlover69
I believe it was a Chevy Avao (if I am pronouncing it correctly)

A Chevy abortion is pretty much anything that Chevy makes. lol
You got that right!

This thread should help you a lot, it is definitly the best thread in oil education I've ever seen. And it was specially done for VQ35 D.E. Engines.

Enjoy: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258663
Thanks, I will read up, appreciate the education.

ZeeForce, I just hope and pray that the service manager does not try to "break................in" your car.
I had no choice in the matter, they said he has to make sure no warning lights go off and everything is running properly. I do no believe he slammed it, he said he wanted to make sure it had a good cold start the next morning. I really do not believe he would slam it, we are very good customers, two Z’s in two years. He knows how well we take car of the cars and all maintenance work has been done with them. If it was not for his recommendation I would still be battling NNA. Mileage in was 20,593, Mileage out was 20,610, so that works out to 17 miles.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:54 PM
ZeeForce

Default First impression of V2

My bro picked up the new V2 installed engine and it was waiting for me to test drive this afternoon when I got home. Future Nissan of Roseville, Ca had the car from Monday morning and it was finished and ready to pick up by 1:00 pm Tuesday. That was fast!

My bro said it felt new and did not hesitate, nor ping and it felt different, for the better. More punch. The car was checked three times today at different cool down times for the oil level and he had them show him the oil level also when he picked it up. It was at the “H” mark on the coat hanger. Yep, 5w-30 dino was filled in its belly. We will see how it works out.

Now my impression. At start up in the garage I noticed a sound from the engine bay. Like crickets, popped the hood and it sounded like the it was coming from around the belts. It did not go away. Back it goes. The drive, there was no hesitation, no pinging, shifting at 2500 rpm around town. At first it did not feel like the rev up, like it was not as quick moving up the rpm’s between shifts, felt like it took longer to get there. Maybe my imagination and I was Iooking for too much, yeh gramps driving. I always thought the rev up’s felt more like a front wheel drive due to the torque given up to increase the hp, versus the 287 hp engines. But they did wind up the rpm’s a lot faster between shifts versus the 287 hp engines. It did feel like it had more torque than before. Ok after dinner I was just going to drive and move up to 3000 rpm between shifts and it did feel much better. I made two stops on the way home so the impressions were three times driving it. Overall I am still out to lunch on this… I will tell more in the next few days.

It does sound a lot better from the exhaust note, putting around town, better than when it was new. I have a Nismo CAI and exhaust.

I do not even want to think that they reprogrammed the ECM or ECU for the 287hp engine.

I will add myself to the list.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by luvZcar
V2 'installees' update
Known V2 install recipients and their results:

1) Dbasal - maybe not fixed.
2) Theatrix - Still pending - not done w/Break-in
3) RBlover - Done w/Break-in. Post syn oil run will be final result.
4) 4Shizzil - appears to be complete success!!!
5) Zmaximus - still consuming
6) Antennahead - still pending
7) Creationv2 - dont know yet...only 100 miles
8) Hexxum001 - G35 with V2 motor - so far so good
9) ZMedic16 - Still Pending
10)ZLOC06 - 500mi w/no oil loss - but still pending.
11)ZPHILE - 45mi on V2 - still pending
12)luvZcar -5000 miles and still consuming
13) ZeeForce - 17 miles, pending break-in

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion