Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:07 PM
mgzt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZackMax99
Just got a call from my service advisor at Infiniti. Nissan/Infiniti does not have enough motors at this time to replace the engines with this issue, So what they are doing for me is they will pay for all my oil changes until my motor is replaced.
Just wondering, is it possible to get 07 engine and pay the difference ?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:37 PM
creationv2

Originally Posted by mgzt
Just wondering, is it possible to get 07 engine and pay the difference ?
no, that is not an option, or at least not one made available as seen on this thread or forum. and if you go read around the forum youll learn that the HR isnt a simple swap.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 AM
RBlover69

there are complety diff ecus it will honeslty not be worth the Swap for anyone time and money wise. If thats what ur lookign at trade in will be ur only bet. The engines and harnesses etc are far to different. But however you can go back to a reg vq35de
Old 08-31-2007, 08:10 AM
gchoi78

I also have oil consumption for my car. I start to notice this at 21k mile. I do my oil change with Moblie 1 every 2k to 2.5k miles. I am currently consuming 4 quarts every 800 miles. I current have a file open with Nissan Corp.

I spoke with a regional rep today and I have asked them this oil consumption issue to be a very big deal and why they are not sending out a letter to all 2006 6mt owner. they basically told me that this is not happening to everyone and this will be handled case by case basis. WTF. I hate my 06.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM
ZPHILE

Originally Posted by gchoi78
I also have oil consumption for my car. I start to notice this at 21k mile. I do my oil change with Moblie 1 every 2k to 2.5k miles. I am currently consuming 4 quarts every 800 miles. I current have a file open with Nissan Corp.

I spoke with a regional rep today and I have asked them this oil consumption issue to be a very big deal and why they are not sending out a letter to all 2006 6mt owner. they basically told me that this is not happening to everyone and this will be handled case by case basis. WTF. I hate my 06.
If Nissan stops responding, go through the BBB AUTOLINE and get your engine changed out to new built engine. This has fixed some member's oil issue. When your '06 is fixed, hopefully you'll like it more!
Old 08-31-2007, 06:37 PM
ZPHILE

Default My V2 break-in update

Finish my 'break-in' road trip. Almost/basically done. I'm at ~ 1140mi and checked oil - down about 1/2 quart during this break in. I want to do another oil change and then monitor the oil from that point. Not passing 4K Revs is irritating!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:04 PM
gchoi78

ZPHILE: Thank you. I currently know 2 owners that have gone thru more than 3 motors and still experiancing the same issue. What do you think the likelyhood would be if I asked them to buy the car back?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:06 PM
gchoi78

Originally Posted by ZPHILE
Finish my 'break-in' road trip. Almost/basically done. I'm at ~ 1140mi and checked oil - down about 1/2 quart during this break in. I want to do another oil change and then monitor the oil from that point. Not passing 4K Revs is irritating!
did you get the supposedly newly *hand built motor from japan?*
good luck to you on your conquest to finding a good properly working motor.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:10 PM
creationv2

ZPHILE: Thank you. I currently know 2 owners that have gone thru more than 3 motors and still experiancing the same issue. What do you think the likelyhood would be if I asked them to buy the car back?
they most likely wont buy your car back, the cost to them is more than replacing the engine as a fix, so best bet is to go through the proscess everyone is going through to fix the issue. as to your friends, if its still not fixed, they should go lemon the car, depending on your state they might be able to lemon it, i know in CA (or at least from reading the bill) it says if they have tried to fix the same problem 3 times, then its elliglbe to be lemoned, but the issue has to be the same one all three times.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:09 AM
basicblack@nola

06 mt experienced 1/2 qt.@1500mi.Don't want new motor to do the same thing,maybe if the problem is fixed for good.Other wise will add as needed. will check from time to time,if it gets worst will go from there.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:40 AM
ZmaXimus

I decided to sue under the The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Nissan Sucks!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:15 PM
ZPHILE

Originally Posted by creationv2
they most likely wont buy your car back, the cost to them is more than replacing the engine as a fix, so best bet is to go through the proscess everyone is going through to fix the issue. as to your friends, if its still not fixed, they should go lemon the car, depending on your state they might be able to lemon it, i know in CA (or at least from reading the bill) it says if they have tried to fix the same problem 3 times, then its elliglbe to be lemoned, but the issue has to be the same one all three times.

Gchoi78, What he said! Car buybacks can be had. Read back several pages in this site (search BOFA) he successfully had his car bought back. But, this is after Nissan attempts fixes first. Your states lemon laws applied as to what a 'fix attempt' is and how many are allowed. BBB Autoline can answer all these questions better than anyone here. G/L!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:21 PM
ZPHILE

did you get the supposedly newly *hand built motor from japan?*
good luck to you on your conquest to finding a good properly working motor.

To answer above - yes I have the 'supposedly hand built motor from Japan'. I say supposedly because in my book Nissan is guilty until proven innocent! This would be considered my first attempt at a oil comsumption fix. The jury is out if it is fixed yet. BTW - thanks for the good words!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:22 PM
ZPHILE

Originally Posted by ZmaXimus
I decided to sue under the The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Nissan Sucks!
Keep us posted. I'm going to call you Bofa2!
Old 09-01-2007, 03:51 PM
jason350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dealer said oil consumption related to..

So I checked the oil the other day and it was under the L. I ended up putting almost one quart of oil. This brought the oil level to the middle, right between the L and H.
Took the z to the dealer and I told them that I have read that some of the 06z had oil consumption problems, so they change the oil, put a mark and told me to come back after driving 1000 1,500 miles to see how much oil. They said Nissan gives them parameters as to how much oil consumption is normal.
Now the final thing they said was, well you also have aftermarket cats and the may have something to do with it. “we have found that sometimes the material of aftermarket cats will travel up the headers and affect oil consumption” I though bullshi.t. I mean the air flow goes out so how the hell are parts of the cat travel opposite to exhaust flow.
Am I correct???/
Do HFC cause oil consumption?
What do you guys think?
Old 09-02-2007, 07:48 AM
luvZcar

V2 'installees' update
Known V2 install recipients and their results:

1) Dbasal - maybe not fixed.
2) Theatrix - Still pending - not done w/Break-in
3) RBlover - Done w/Break-in. Post syn oil run will be final result.
4) 4Shizzil - appears to be complete success!!!
5) Zmaximus - still consuming
6) Antennahead - still pending
7) Creationv2 - dont know yet...only 100 miles
8) Hexxum001 - G35 with V2 motor - so far so good
9) ZMedic16 - Still Pending
10)ZLOC06 - 500mi w/no oil loss - but still pending.
11)ZPHILE - 45mi on V2 - still pending
12)luvZcar -5000 miles and still consuming
I saw this list and just wanted you guys to know that with 5w30 it consumed more then with 10w30, so on my next oil change I'm going to 10w40 and will see what the results are and if not happy then I will try synth oil same wieghts but the oil consumption is alot more managable then before..
10w30=3/4 a qt of oil in 1k miles
5w30=1qt of oil in 1k miles
both times I had gone for a long drive about 150 miles and noticed that it ate more oil on this long run so hopeing a heavier oil will slow that down
Old 09-02-2007, 08:23 AM
zmedic16

Originally Posted by luvZcar
V2 'installees' update

I saw this list and just wanted you guys to know that with 5w30 it consumed more then with 10w30, so on my next oil change I'm going to 10w40 and will see what the results are and if not happy then I will try synth oil same wieghts but the oil consumption is alot more managable then before..
both times I had gone for a long drive about 150 miles and noticed that it ate more oil on this long run so hopeing a heavier oil will slow that down
1quart 1k miles= new engine
3/4 quart 1k miles= new engine....
dont settle for the consumption by tryin different oils..... it shouldnt burn it point blank.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:24 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by luvZcar
V2 'installees' update

yea i been using ow40 and so far so good.Gonna check again tmrw still not done with 1k miles since the last oil change but gonna check for the hell of it. Supposedly 0w40 is the best oil mobile makes in refrence to applications and certifications it meets.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 AM
luvZcar

Originally Posted by zmedic16
1quart 1k miles= new engine
3/4 quart 1k miles= new engine....
dont settle for the consumption by tryin different oils..... it shouldnt burn it point blank.
this is true in the fact that i should not have to settle for it but with the last engine put in nissan here tells me that if it burns one qt every 1k then thats with in reason & specs and its only considered a problem if its burning more then that at least thats what the tech manager told me........ sucks I know
0w 40 isnt that a thinner oil at start up then a 10w 40, I would be affraid that it would burn at start up then slow down, and I still see more oil lose thats why I was going to do 10w 40 because heavier all arround. I was thinking because 5w is thinner then 10w at startup that it was eating some at start up or could I be wrong
Old 09-02-2007, 12:33 PM
jason350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jason350z
So I checked the oil the other day and it was under the L. I ended up putting almost one quart of oil. This brought the oil level to the middle, right between the L and H.
Took the z to the dealer and I told them that I have read that some of the 06z had oil consumption problems, so they change the oil, put a mark and told me to come back after driving 1000 1,500 miles to see how much oil. They said Nissan gives them parameters as to how much oil consumption is normal.
Now the final thing they said was, well you also have aftermarket cats and the may have something to do with it. “we have found that sometimes the material of aftermarket cats will travel up the headers and affect oil consumption” I though bullshi.t. I mean the air flow goes out so how the hell are parts of the cat travel opposite to exhaust flow.
Am I correct???/
Do HFC cause oil consumption?
What do you guys think?
any one been told that HFC increase oil consumption?

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion