Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

PRM kit - dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 PM
fioriii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRM kit - dyno results

I just got the results on my car with the PRM kit on it. Everything went very well. I've attatched the data for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails PRM kit - dyno results-dyno2.jpg  
Old 03-25-2008, 07:29 PM
DBTRACK

pics?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does a PRM kit do?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:41 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by Diesel350
What does a PRM kit do?

I think it's an intake IIRC
Old 03-25-2008, 08:10 PM
ISMSOLUTIONS

here...

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/345236-prm-jet-stream-intake-system-now-available-for-350z.html
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

For those of us not in the loop what is a PRM kit?

I do not have ESP. What do you drive? Mods?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:45 PM
pimpin714style

Default Skeptical

http://www.prmracing.com/
Old 03-26-2008, 03:30 AM
DraGonAlchemist

whats the point of the PRM kit . .it's still in the engine bay sucking up heated air. Cold air Intakes to me. .are much more worth it! EX. Injen!
Can't really go wrong with CAI unless your one of them people who decide to go for a drive in a hurricane storm,and loves to RWD it through huge puddles!!!!
need i say more. . .

Last edited by DraGonAlchemist; 03-26-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:44 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
whats the point of the PRM kit . .it's still in the engine bay sucking up heated air. Cold air Intakes to me. .are much more worth it! EX. Injen!
Can't really go wrong with CAI unless your one of them people who decide to go for a drive in a hurricane storm,and loves to RWD it through huge puddles!!!!
need i say more. . .
OEM is a cold air intake....
Old 03-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Reality350

OP,

Could we get some details on your z..
Year and mods?

Also was this dyno completed in schomberg?

Cheers,
Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by Reality350
OEM is a cold air intake....
ehhh. .it still sucks up some heat coming out from the radiator. .i just like it to suck from the mouth in the front. .behind the grill. .is all i was saying.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:58 AM
OCG35
Banned

that dyno chart looks odd... where's the rmp? I've never seen one with so little info... what type of dyno is it? what shop?

The other thread regarding this product gave plenty of opportunity for the OP to provide viable info to determine it's worth... however I haven't seen anything remotely close to convincing me it's worth considering... The question about cleaning wasn't even answered... and IMO the question about performance is still unanswered.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:29 PM
blasian

ehhh. .it still sucks up some heat coming out from the radiator. .i just like it to suck from the mouth in the front. .behind the grill. .is all i was saying.
Have you tracked your car before and after a CAI? I believe Berto and a few others said they gained trap and ET after running SRI vs. CAI.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:02 PM
ke0ki2k

need i say more. . .
AEM, Injen, Nismo...all brilliant CAI's which have shown to LOSE power on certain cars in certain conditions...and I've never seen an accurate before/after showing anything over 5 horsepower for any CAI...a 90 dollar used popcharger can give you 5 horsepower mate...so in fact, you can go wrong wasting your money on cold air intakes :]

interesting dyno's OP, waiting for the dyno experts to come verify that nothing is funky. youre just a little too new for me to trust you. also what year is your Z? and how many miles were on the filter in the stock unit? was it a stock filter? why does the after dyno continue on for another 500 RPM? A/F ratios? gotta give more info/details for us to believe this dyno comparison is legit. for all we know you could be an PRM employee.

Last edited by ke0ki2k; 03-26-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spam ! ( )
Old 03-27-2008, 03:21 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by blasian
Have you tracked your car before and after a CAI? I believe Berto and a few others said they gained trap and ET after running SRI vs. CAI.
hmm. .i would assume that common knowledge says that colder air flowing into the engine is better then hot air. performance wise. .short ram or longer tubing plays no role because i'd suspect that the air still is flowing at the nominal rate no matter. .cold air is less expanded being able to fit more into the manifold at once then hotter air .. could be just my preference. .haven't see one yet. .what someone should make is a RAM air kit for the Z. .
Old 03-27-2008, 04:54 AM
baspence

hmm. .i would assume that common knowledge says that colder air flowing into the engine is better then hot air. performance wise. .short ram or longer tubing plays no role because i'd suspect that the air still is flowing at the nominal rate no matter. .cold air is less expanded being able to fit more into the manifold at once then hotter air .. could be just my preference. .haven't see one yet. .what someone should make is a RAM air kit for the Z. .

well, when you're driving down the road, air is blowing through the engine bay. it may be a few degrees hotter then ambient temps but not that much. also, on they dyno the hood is popped and their's fans in front of the car blowing cold air in the engine bay.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:56 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by baspence
well, when you're driving down the road, air is blowing through the engine bay. it may be a few degrees hotter then ambient temps but not that much. also, on they dyno the hood is popped and their's fans in front of the car blowing cold air in the engine bay.
i just like more direct air. .nothing obstructing it. .
Old 03-27-2008, 06:41 AM
blasian

SRI such as the Stillen and K&N Typhoon (which also has an extension to pull air from the grill) have very good heatshields. Aside from different temperature, its harder to suck through a longer straw with bends than a shorter, straight straw.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:05 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by blasian
SRI such as the Stillen and K&N Typhoon (which also has an extension to pull air from the grill) have very good heatshields. Aside from different temperature, its harder to suck through a longer straw with bends than a shorter, straight straw.
and the fact that the heat shield itself gets a tad hot pays you no never mind? hey im not knocking them down. .i just prefer CAI

Quick Reply: PRM kit - dyno results