Flywheel
http://www.injectedperformance.com/e...ID=1289&VID=36

OEM
Here ya go ill just post factory flywheel
http://www.factorynissanparts.com/pa...layCatalogid=0

Z1
Flywheel
http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ne&prodid=1973

Clutch (hmmm dont list exedy price it dont matter bc its GARBAGE)

So if u do go Z1 route u will prob be 200$ less with a sh1tty clutch. I have RPS and have had for over 40K miles, Nitrous, Plenty of street/drag racing, Drift event and ohh yeah i tried to teach my gf how to drive a 6 speed.

Counterpunch?
Take a breath my dude . I can honestly say that z1auto is the best vendor I have bought things from on here. I don't have any personal experience with rps, but I have used exedy, act, tilton, comp clutch, and all did exactly as described (keep in mind none of these were on the z33). The tilton was a twin disc and not too much fun to drive on the street, but all the rest were perfectly fine for daily driving. It is really a pick of personal preference/past experiences. I am having an OS Giken installed on Thurs, but you gotta have your JDM goggles on pretty tight to pull the trigger on a set-up like that .
Old 06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
Ohh now i see. U dont carry RPS lol i thought this was a actual legitimate post not trying to be a salesman. hmm anyways RPS clutch and flywheel comes with EVERYTHING u need like throw out bearing and was WAY less then what the delaership quoted me and i have a upgraded clutch now and a smoother rev and faster rev and feels A LOT better to me now
Who buy parts from dealer? And you must not know Adam

I've done many business with adam, he never push me to buy stuff from him. He always give me an option and he let me pick from table. Even he doesn't carry some parts, he still put those options on table for me. There is a reason why i put his name on my sig.

Is it because i bought a part from him? no. he was like that when i first time asked him parts thru local NY forum. That's just adam...that's how he got over 300 positive feedbacks...

Last edited by Chef-J; 06-23-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:45 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ohh now i see. U dont carry RPS lol i thought this was a actual legitimate post not trying to be a salesman. hmm anyways RPS clutch and flywheel comes with EVERYTHING u need like throw out bearing and was WAY less then what the delaership quoted me and i have a upgraded clutch now and a smoother rev and faster rev and feels A LOT better to me now
You're quite an angry person...why I have no idea. Sure I sell these things for a living, but I am an enthusiast first and foremost. My feedback and post history on this site proves that. Whether or not he gets it from us is the individuals choice - I'm simply explaining his options based on facts. Anyone who has worked with us will tell you that's what we do. Just because it's not on our site, doesn't mean we don't offer it or can't supply it for someone. There are other clutch kits we offer for the Z (and others) as well - they don't make it to the site till there is substantial demand for them - but nevertheless, we still can obtain them if that's what a person requests.

While we don't list RPS on our website, we certainly can supply it for anyone who asks. They make a good product.

However, the fact of the matter is this. Unless the car has considerable jerking from a dead stop, (indicating that his flywheel has considerable deposits on it and as such needs replacement) his flywheel will easily be able to be reused. Reusing it saves the person significant money. Since noise is a primary concern for this person, I would not suggest changing to ANY aftermarket flywheel for this particular person. Furthermore, if the stock clutch has lasted 97k miles, and he has no plans for significant power upgrades, nor plans for any sort of motorsports event, a stock clutch is, IMHO, his most cost effective setup. Your opinion can differ, and that's fine.

The Exedy clutch kit also comes with everything needed for a full install. Yes, I am sure the dealership quoted you a significant amount to replace the OE clutch and flywheel - not sure why you would expect it to be otherwise. If you took some time to research, you would know that Exedy makes the OE clutch for Nissan, and it can be had from various sources for considerably less than via the parts counter at the dealership. Again, if the flywheel is not causing any driveability issues, it can easily be reused without incident.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 06-24-2009 at 04:52 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Ok buttercups let me explain this to u all since yall r kinda sad what i posted. I didnt mean to say Adam is a douche and a salesman. Yes he is a salesman and CONGRATS on having over 300 feedback and being a vendor since 03. I was in this same circumstance as the guy that made this thread. Yes i called my TUNER/MECHANIC and he said get RPS.(Hes not a vendor nor does he sell parts. THen i talked to Derek(DJSMITTY) he said great things about RPS. Ok i called my local dealership who sold me parts for wholesale thru the chevy dealership i worked at. So i added up both quotes and seen best bang for the buck for ME was RPS. and yes i knew and know the exedy makes OE clutch and hmm his went out. And if he doesnt need a flywheel(which we dont know bc he hasnt posted saying that and im sure he hasnt gotten it looked at either) why would he keep it. I wouldnt since im sure sum1 would replace while they do the clutch for cheap(4 me it was free). Idk Z1 only from word from other vendors nor have i ordered thru them nor will i ever. No hard feelings here its just when a vendor post their products its usually to make a dollar.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:21 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

BTW if his clutch is slipping and hes smelling the clutch burn and when hes driving its slipping how would that not put burn marks on the flywheel
Old 06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW if his clutch is slipping and hes smelling the clutch burn and when hes driving its slipping how would that not put burn marks on the flywheel
another example of people not reading threads completely

my suggestion of the OEM clutch was to tquill, hence why I quoted his question with my initial reply to him

I didn't make a suggestion to the OP beyond the Exedy/ACT combo, since he hasn't been back to the thread to check in the first place (or at least has not replied). If you feel the RPS is better, then that's great

Again, at no point did I say RPS wasn't a good solution. Having used their products on other cars, I have no reason to think it wouldn't work in this application as well. However, for tquill, which is who I was making the Exedy OEM/stock flywheel recommendation to, given what he has told me, I made a suggestion...and that's all it is, a suggestion.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 06-24-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:28 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation

Ok buttercups let me explain this to u all since yall r kinda sad what i posted. I didnt mean to say Adam is a douche and a salesman. Yes he is a salesman and CONGRATS on having over 300 feedback and being a vendor since 03. I was in this same circumstance as the guy that made this thread. Yes i called my TUNER/MECHANIC and he said get RPS.(Hes not a vendor nor does he sell parts. THen i talked to Derek(DJSMITTY) he said great things about RPS. Ok i called my local dealership who sold me parts for wholesale thru the chevy dealership i worked at. So i added up both quotes and seen best bang for the buck for ME was RPS. and yes i knew and know the exedy makes OE clutch and hmm his went out. And if he doesnt need a flywheel(which we dont know bc he hasnt posted saying that and im sure he hasnt gotten it looked at either) why would he keep it. I wouldnt since im sure sum1 would replace while they do the clutch for cheap(4 me it was free). Idk Z1 only from word from other vendors nor have i ordered thru them nor will i ever. No hard feelings here its just when a vendor post their products its usually to make a dollar.
I added several sponsors to my ignore list. The ones that have the "best" solution to every question, and just happen to sell that solution.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Originally Posted by davidv
I added several sponsors to my ignore list. The ones that have the "best" solution to every question, and just happen to sell that solution.
exactly but whoaa david u r gonna have some pms like me and people telling u r wrong. oh wait no ur not bc u have 30K post and since i have 3K and been thru the same thing im wrong. Lol
Old 06-24-2009, 01:36 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
another example of people not reading threads completely

my suggestion of the OEM clutch was to tquill, hence why I quoted his question with my initial reply to him

I didn't make a suggestion to the OP beyond the Exedy/ACT combo, since he hasn't been back to the thread to check in the first place (or at least has not replied). If you feel the RPS is better, then that's great

Again, at no point did I say RPS wasn't a good solution. Having used their products on other cars, I have no reason to think it wouldn't work in this application as well. However, for tquill, which is who I was making the Exedy OEM clutch recommendation to, given what he has told me, I made a suggestion...and that's all it is, a suggestion.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:49 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

exactly but whoaa david u r gonna have some pms like me and people telling u r wrong. oh wait no ur not bc u have 30K post and since i have 3K and been thru the same thing im wrong. Lol
Prices too low to mention.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:00 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Originally Posted by davidv
Prices too low to mention.
lmao my girl was looking at that and was cracking up