Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Its Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 05:12 PM
2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by silverstoneTT
i havent followed this plastic plenum thing everyone is excited about but aside from the fact that unlike the crawford plenum it will still be able to use the factory strut bar, what are the other benefits? Will the price be that much less than the 395 the newer crawford is going for? what exactly does a plenum cover that this one can be made of plastic without any negative effects to it or the car?

thanks, if this is as good as everyone is making it seem and i wont have to sell myself to get it ill be in for one as well
whether it works or not, the fact that Crawford lowered their price is an immediate benefit!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:19 PM
2003z

one other thing,
lsdunique, althought I have the crawford plenum (used from raceboy), thanks for bringing us more new stuff! I commend your efforts.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:24 PM
all_bark

thanks for that link. I am leaving for dinner and will post the dynos when I get back or at latest tomorrow morning.

and i definitely think I can fix the plenum!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:32 PM
Road Warrior

Originally posted by 2003z
whether it works or not, the fact that Crawford lowered their price is an immediate benefit!
word...nothing like a little competition, eh....ttt
Old 01-31-2004, 06:13 PM
350zdanny

Hey LSD,

I'm not sure if this was asked, but did you flow bench this plenum?

I think the plenum looks great, by the way. It blew me away when I saw it. Even that giant "KINETIX" banner across the top =). Congrats. I hope you get it working or you have a pack of wild dogs after you.

Dan
Old 01-31-2004, 10:22 PM
N74DV

LSD.....so youre gonna start selling these after only one prototype with limited testing??

seems to me there ought to be some extensive semi-long term testing/R&D under various conditions before this thing hits the market.

inevitably there are always design changes that come about after a prototype is put to "real" use.

would hate to see a bunch of guys buy this right off the bat and then get hosed later.... unless of course there will be some form of trade-in program for any newer versions.

not being a real *****.... just being real.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:42 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by N74DV
LSD.....so youre gonna start selling these after only one prototype with limited testing??

seems to me there ought to be some extensive semi-long term testing/R&D under various conditions before this thing hits the market.

inevitably there are always design changes that come about after a prototype is put to "real" use.

would hate to see a bunch of guys buy this right off the bat and then get hosed later.... unless of course there will be some form of trade-in program for any newer versions.

not being a real *****.... just being real.
How would that be any different from the product on the market right now? There are five revisions to the current model. What's the problem? People who get the plenum early like all_bark, myself, and some others are the ones who accept this and give feedback to improve the product for the future buyers. I'm ready and willing. Sort of like buying a 2003 model Z. A lot fewer problems in 04. Well, I'm ok with my 03.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:58 PM
N74DV

Originally posted by FLY BY Z
How would that be any different from the product on the market right now? People who get the plenum early like all_bark, myself, and some others are the ones who accept this and give feedback to improve the product for the future buyers. I'm ready and willing. Sort of like buying a 2003 model Z. A lot fewer problems in 04. Well, I'm ok with my 03.
well for one it's a composite plenum.... not like any of the ones on the market now.

don't get me wrong... I'm not saying it's gonna ***** up... just being realistic.

And your right about the ones who KNOWINGLY buy this and understand it is not 100% proven... but for every guy that does that, there are probably 4 others who aren't willing to be the beta testers but will buy it anyway not knowing the risks.

I'm just trying to be the devils advocate.

I think it's an awesome product that I will buy.... but I'm gonna wait a bit before I put my green down.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:01 PM
Ultimateone

Im sure they have tested the plenum numerous times, just that the one All bark had was for the dyno and ran into some bad luck. Everything will be cool Im sure and we'll get some numbers soon enough from the many members who seem to be ready to purchase the Kinetix Plenum
Old 01-31-2004, 11:15 PM
mchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good work coming up with new plenum that fits under the original strut! I can't wait for the dyno numbers, hope they work out well.

I have some feedback which may not be taken well by some, but your obviously after all types of feedback, so this is just my opinion but I think the logo is a bit too large. There arent going to be that many people under my hood to see it anyways.

Thanks
Murray
Old 01-31-2004, 11:33 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by N74DV
well for one it's a composite plenum.... not like any of the ones on the market now.

don't get me wrong... I'm not saying it's gonna ***** up... just being realistic.

And your right about the ones who KNOWINGLY buy this and understand it is not 100% proven... but for every guy that does that, there are probably 4 others who aren't willing to be the beta testers but will buy it anyway not knowing the risks.

I'm just trying to be the devils advocate.

I think it's an awesome product that I will buy.... but I'm gonna wait a bit before I put my green down.
You totally nullified this response by deleting an important sentence from my quote. I'll leave it be, but it has nothing to do with build material and everything to do with offering a product and letting the public test it. That is why there are five revisions to the currently available plenum. It was not perfect on release. Not much is.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:36 AM
lsdunique

NZ4DV, as you personally know through our own past transactions that we will stand behind our products 100% and we never leave anyone "hosed". We understand our main advantage in this industry is our communication and cooperation with the enthusiasts.

We don't hesitate to accomodate our customers and we don't take the trust they give us lightly.

Some people like to wait and see what happens, others like to be pioneers. There ALWAYS has to be pioneers, and we reward these supportive pioneers with great customer support.

We are giving another solid 2 weeks of testing on several vehicles to get as much feedback as possible. Since we also control all aspects of the production of the plenum, we can make changes and improvements rapidly. We are working the small kinks out of the production and are very optimistic in terms of reliability.

We are offering a lifetime warranty on this piece, meaning all issues with the plenum itself due to defects, etc. will be handled with a replacement. This may not seem like a huge deal because there are no moving parts and what could go wrong with a plenum?.... well we thought the same thing!! But in the event , it being a plastic, that there would be a failure of some kind, it would be replaced no questions asked.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:56 AM
lsdunique

here would be our "official statement" on the the KINETIX logo, straight from the fingers of our P.R. associate....myself

We have been trying to "step up" our progress and small position in the industry. We are taking a more proactive approach to building a company that will keep being competitive and innovative. Not just making parts, but trying to focus on everything surrounding the parts as well.

We also strongly believe in not so much building brand recognition, but building a small community of supporters. We feel that the best relationship is not based on the belief that customer satisfaction equals more sales.... but a belief that we support our "people" (customers) and they support us. Don't get me wrong, the desired result is more sales, but in order to have a long lasting business with more succesful products, we need to build a company. We hope in the future that people are proud to run KINETIX parts because they are great products made by great people.

So, I apologize to people who could do without the logo, but we tried to make everything as tasteful as possible.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:40 AM
apsilon

As a business owner myself I fully understand your reasoning for wanting to brand your products. However does it need to be, what, a foot wide?

While I'm still interested to see the dyno results I'm no longer a potential customer even if it made an extra 50rwhp due to the size and placement of the logo. Perhaps the alu one...
Old 02-01-2004, 01:49 AM
SungNamZ

Well put! I have no problem with the way you have decided to display your "KINETIX" logo on your product. It shows pride. I am sure, given it's success, others will be equally as proud to pop the hood and have "KINETIX" appear. I applaud your efforts! Can't wait to see the results and place an order!
Old 02-01-2004, 01:58 AM
syf0n

LSD,

I have been looking at the photo of the plenum posted on the first page and I have a question: is your company logo (and design) as shown on the plenum being produced from a computer/machine, or was it hand-drawn (molded) on the plenum? The reason I ask is that the lines of the logo and of the design look like they are loose and hand-drawn, not as if they were machined.

I am hopping that the final product will look very clean-cut and professional.

Maybe it's just the angle and size of the photo, but some of the design looks shabby to me.

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Old 02-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd trade globb weds (heck, even expesed welds) for a logo any day, but at the end of it all, the #'s are what matters to me most
Old 02-01-2004, 06:34 AM
N74DV

Originally posted by lsdunique
NZ4DV, as you personally know through our own past transactions that we will stand behind our products 100% and we never leave anyone "hosed".

great.... thats what I like to hear. thanks LSD
Old 02-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Road Warrior

IMO the logo looks fine and is not overwhelming....and if it makes 50 hp you can make it as big as you want...out
Old 02-01-2004, 07:24 AM
350zdanny

I hate how my legitimate question got lost and not answered because someone never took a marketing class. LSD could test this thing for 10 years, and the first 20 people to get it would still find a host of shortcomings. It's part of the life cycle. You know Windows XP has probably been passed down over a million updates since it was released. As long as he gets the major an significant problems out of the way in the alpha test, that's really all he can do.

LSD,

Did you flow bench the plenum?

And just so you know, I think people are joking around about the logo because you said in an earlier post that it was going to me very small. Now that it is not.

Dan