Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Its Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Yammy1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just face the fact you retards and keep your opinions to yourselfs... This is a forum, meaning people are intitled to making opinions and such so next time you decide to post something try thinking about it first so you don't look like an ***.

Yammy1
Old 02-01-2004, 05:42 PM
seanrulz

Okay...? where are the Moderaters? Time to give this kid a strike.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:47 PM
scubasteve

Originally posted by Yammy1
......... keep your opinions to yourselfs... This is a forum, meaning people are intitled to making opinions

Yammy1
You don't make sense man!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2004, 05:48 PM
scubasteve

Yammy,
Calm down, we are all just very anxious about the results from the new plenum. Like I said earlier, I think it's exciting seeing all of the r/d that goes into these products. Usually, us as consumers only see the end product (probably due to reasons like these) and none of the steps taken to arrive at that point. I agree with you about the opinion thing, but calm down a little and enjoy the products that probably drew you to this forum in the first place.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:50 PM
joust75

Originally posted by Yammy1
Just face the fact you retards and keep your opinions to yourselfs... This is a forum, meaning people are intitled to making opinions and such so next time you decide to post something try thinking about it first so you don't look like an ***.

Yammy1
Its quite clear to everyone who the *** is here. Thanks for clarifying
Old 02-01-2004, 05:52 PM
seanrulz

edit

Last edited by seanrulz; 02-01-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Yammy1
Banned

LOL guys guys try to calm down after all I didn't start the problem. What a wasted Thread listening to you guys whine about other peoples opinions...

Yammy1
Old 02-01-2004, 07:34 PM
cmuro

I don’t post much mainly because of this kind of immature behavior on this board. I am embarrassed to be associated with most of the people on this forum, but I find some of the threads to be informative so I am a member. Do you see lsdunique or any of his employees or close friends posting negative and childish comments on other vendor’s threads? No you don’t because it would be unprofessional and completely rude, if you only have negative things to say keep them to your self. Granted it is a forum and you have the right to make comments, but why would you bash someone’s product and make a fool of your self just to support someone else’s product. I don’t know anyone’s age here but most of you sound like a bunch of ungrateful teenagers.

As for putting out a product before an official release, that is what beta testing means which most successful companies do to receive feedback and to work out problems within the product. There are always problems with most custom and technical products after the official their release. Look at Microsoft a very successful company that puts out products with many problems, they rely on the public to find them and to fix them. Plus in Microsoft’s case they even make money on it because to get support on their products one must pay to speak with Microsoft’s technical support.

There are also other products that don’t generate a profit or any revenue but are available to give the public another alternative. One great example is Linux, a completely open source product that is developed, improved, and supported by the public. If you follow the Information Technology Industry at all you know that Linux is giving Microsoft some strong competition. Also you will notice that Microsoft is starting to rely on tactics that some vendors and its followers on this board are relying on. Yes, this would be negative publicity and public attacks on its competitors and their products. In the end people will have more respect in a product and the people behind it that do not rely on public attacks to market their product, and the company that fully backs their product 100%.

If you must and want to make a fool of yourself because it makes you feel like king sh*t go ahead because nobody can stop you. But remember you are just hurting yourself and the person or product you think you are backing. All I am asking is to not ruin someone’s thread, because you feel the need to fulfill your ego just because you are insecure.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:56 PM
joenismo

Well said!!
Old 02-01-2004, 08:30 PM
350zdanny

Do you see lsdunique or any of his employees or close friends posting negative and childish comments on other vendor’s threads? No you don’t because it would be unprofessional and completely rude, if you only have negative things to say keep them to your self.
Who are you referring to?

All I really see you doing is taking this thread farther off topic, making rash generalizations, and giving whomever you're referring to more ammunition to continue trolling.

So here we go. I'm gonna throw together a list of what I would like to know about the plenum so we can get this back on track. Feel free to add to the list:

1) How did it perform on the flow bench?
2) When the plenum flexes, did you notice it rubbing the strut bar?
3) Is that nipple on the front of the stock plenum going to be incorporated into the final design?
4) Are the stock gaskets still usable?
5) How did it sound on the car?

Please feel free to add to the list so LSD and all_bark have a bit better of an idea as to what to look at.

Dan
Old 02-01-2004, 08:46 PM
all_bark

mods, please close this thread. the bs has gotten WAY to deep.

thanks.

i'll be getting back to work on this thing tomorrow and hopefully be dynoing no later than wednesday. unfortunately for everyone I have a job and a life so I cannot guarantee it will be done tomorrow but it is a VERY BIG priority and will be done ASAP. you all have my promise.

once again, please close this thread. thanks.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:01 PM
zuff

It's only one kiddie post that needs to be deleted...mods can work it out and crop the BS before we all flee from the stench.

Big thanks to all_bark and LSD for all the efforts. Just take ur time guys. There's no rush.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Rodad

I didn't see a response on where to see the charts from the flow bench testing. Do you have a base line on a stock plenum flow bench chart to compair the actual gains made.

Thank You
Rodad
Old 02-02-2004, 03:39 AM
KJY9

Whoah.....7 pages and still no dynos??

What's up with that?
For whoever it was that couldn't find the download of the software to view and post your results, no comment except I think you need to learn how to use a simple search
http://www.dynojet.com/downloads.shtml
Old 02-02-2004, 04:22 AM
350zdanny

There will be a dyno soon. And I think LSD is waiting to release the flow bench numbers when a closer to production unit is ready.

Dan
Old 02-02-2004, 04:44 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's this thread about again???
Old 02-02-2004, 06:53 AM
ChrisMCagle

Default Plenum issues

Ok people. I was standing about 2 feet away from all_bark as he installed the new plenum. I even captured the entire installation and tests on video as well as digital camera. Everything went as could be expected with a "test" of a new product. We were a bit bummed that there were problems which cause the plenum not to work properly, but as both all_bark and lsdunique have stated... the problem was FIGURED OUT! The fact that there is no dyno data to support it is irrelivant. I am confident that it will work VERY soon.

-Chrismcagle
Old 02-02-2004, 07:06 AM
scubasteve

sounds great, thanks for keeping us all posted. I wonder what the problem was and what was done to fix it????? Just curious
Old 02-02-2004, 07:33 AM
FLY BY Z

There was a hole made by a midguided drill and it was epoxyed. It is written in the thread.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:57 AM
ChrisMCagle

Talking Yep!

Originally posted by FLY BY Z
There was a hole made by a midguided drill and it was epoxyed. It is written in the thread.
Yep. The problem is being fixed and I am confident that the new test will yeild extremely positive results!!

-Chrismcagle