Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:11 AM
jimhk1011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Jun, that's a very nice instruction
Old 06-13-2005, 06:37 PM
itsjoshufocker

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just a quick question.... installed front signal lights.. and now the light blinks like its on E.. it blinks really fast, just like those rice rocket civics.... what do i do? i checked to see if the regular bulb did that, and it didnt... do i just have to live with it, or can i make an adjustment
Old 06-13-2005, 07:08 PM
boma

Originally Posted by itsjoshufocker
just a quick question.... installed front signal lights.. and now the light blinks like its on E.. it blinks really fast, just like those rice rocket civics.... what do i do? i checked to see if the regular bulb did that, and it didnt... do i just have to live with it, or can i make an adjustment

The instructions on how to install the device which returns the blinking back to normal speed are on page 4 of this thread.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:49 PM
itsjoshufocker

oh thanks dude! didnt know that
Old 06-14-2005, 07:30 PM
boma

how long did it take you guys to get the led bulbs from superbrightleds.com using the regular usps shipping method?
Old 06-14-2005, 07:53 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

omg im so freakin confused i want the same setup as you have with everything done.. the list that you put did you order from 2 differnt sights.. do i need bulbs or can i just order the leds and put them in? which part to i take from you list the leds or the bulbs? plz sum1 help im slow lol
Old 06-14-2005, 08:57 PM
boma

www.superbrightleds.com just order from there. The LED's replace the light bulbs.

You only want LED's not light bulbs.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To anyone who installed LED lights....

Are they brighter or dimmer than the stock bulbs?

The pics on this thread make them look crazy bright...but in this thread (https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=changing+bulb) it was mentioned that the turn signal bulbs were dimmer than stock.

I'd only be interested in switching to LED's if they were brighter. So are any of the LED's mentioned in this thread brighter than the stock bulbs they replaced?
Old 06-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion they are dimmer - at least from most angles. You're using like 1/20th the power to drive them so getting them brighter is going to be difficult. They do beam their light in a tighter pattern meaning that if you're in line with them they're brighter.

But since the front bulb is skewed at an angle that means if you're straight in front they're not quite as bright. The LED's make a larger hot spot of light than the glowing filiment of the bulb it's just that they don't use the reflector as well.

The rear bulbs are closer to be straight forward and back so it's not as bad with them - they also have a frosted lens in front of them which disfuses the light.

I've been meaning to take some after dark pictures to let you be the judge to see if they're not bright enough.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
In my opinion they are dimmer - at least from most angles. You're using like 1/20th the power to drive them so getting them brighter is going to be difficult. They do beam their light in a tighter pattern meaning that if you're in line with them they're brighter.

But since the front bulb is skewed at an angle that means if you're straight in front they're not quite as bright. The LED's make a larger hot spot of light than the glowing filiment of the bulb it's just that they don't use the reflector as well.

The rear bulbs are closer to be straight forward and back so it's not as bad with them - they also have a frosted lens in front of them which disfuses the light.

I've been meaning to take some after dark pictures to let you be the judge to see if they're not bright enough.
Well, here's the deal.
I'm thinking about getting black overlays to black out all my lights. However, I still want to see and be seen at night. So I was interested in "upgrading" my lights to brighter lights to shine through the overlays. From your post above, I am guessing that these LED lights will make my situation worse instead of improving it. Yes?
Old 06-21-2005, 12:22 PM
COJ_General

Has Anyone Had Some Of The Led Lights Blow Out?!? I Replaced All The Lights In The Car With These Leds And Some Of The Leds Lights Are Blown....i Contacted The Vendor And They Stated They Had Never Heard Of This Issue Before...maybe Once Or Twice A Year But Thats It.....so Im Wondering If Anyone Else Has Had This Problem? The Vendor Informed Me To Check To See If My Voltage Regulator Is Working Properly.....anyway Please Help! Thank You!
Old 06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

They are not brighter. For example, at night you won't be able to see much when you reverse.

As For The Lights Blowing Out, I've Had A Few Go Out Before, They Started Blinking Like Crazy, And Eventually Stopped Completely. But Also It Could Be The Base Of The Bulb That is Not Making Correct Contact With The Socket. I Remember For One Of The Bulbs I Played Around With It, And It Would Turn On/Off If Pushed It In. But The Solution For That Is To Replace The Bulb As Well.

P.S. Why Do You Type Like This?
Old 06-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Superhung

Originally Posted by 21112
To anyone who installed LED lights....

Are they brighter or dimmer than the stock bulbs?

The pics on this thread make them look crazy bright...but in this thread (https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=changing+bulb) it was mentioned that the turn signal bulbs were dimmer than stock.

I'd only be interested in switching to LED's if they were brighter. So are any of the LED's mentioned in this thread brighter than the stock bulbs they replaced?
I have everything that's listed, except the license plate LED's.

Here's my take....

- Front amber LED turn signals = Not brighter, but give a more crisp/clean look
over stock.
- Rear clear LED turn signals = Definitely brighter than stock, looks
awesome at night. I was very happy with
these.
- Front clear LED parking light = Looks awesome but doesn't match the
stock HID. Parking light is more blue than
white, while the HID is more white. 6000K
headlights would match perfectly.
- Rear red LED brake/tail lights = I didn't see a difference with these bulbs.
Maybe a tad bit brighter, but save your
dough.

I will post pics later tonight if I don't go out w/ my g/f =)
Old 06-21-2005, 05:49 PM

Sounds like these aren't for me. I'm now convinced they wouldn't show through overlays, so I'm gonna have to pass.

They do look HOT at night though, and thumbs up to you guys who did put them in.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:07 PM
boma

How about the reverse lights? how are they?
Old 06-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Superhung

Originally Posted by boma
How about the reverse lights? how are they?
I have the clear LED reverse lights and they are just as bright as the clear LED turn signals in the rear. I was also very happy with these.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

you guys are misunderstanding.

Sure, if you look at the LED bulb directly, it looks brighter. But to really tell how much dimmer they are, you need to see how the light is emitted when you are reversing, from the inside of the car. You will see that you can't see ****.

nevertheless, they look very nice (i have them too, and i don't mind sacrificing some light in exchange for coolness )
Old 06-23-2005, 10:50 AM
itsjoshufocker

guys, since i have the front 2 lights LED and the rear lights the regular bulbs, will the 3ohm capacitor still work okay? i just relized this because im sure everybody else has LED front and rear signal lights... where as mine is LED in front and stock in the rear... will i blow something?
Old 06-24-2005, 12:15 AM
boma

Originally Posted by itsjoshufocker
guys, since i have the front 2 lights LED and the rear lights the regular bulbs, will the 3ohm capacitor still work okay? i just relized this because im sure everybody else has LED front and rear signal lights... where as mine is LED in front and stock in the rear... will i blow something?

I doubt you'll blow something.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:21 AM
boma

I got my bulbs. I really like the 6 led white bulbs for the license plate; they look great and are much brighter than stock. You can see the license plate lights light up the ground under and behind the car!

I also got 5 led reds for the rear parking lights in the tail lights. They look just as bright as stock, and don't make a big difference.

I really like the white 6-led bulbs for the parking lights in front. They are bright as parking lights need to be. The difference in overall brightness compared to stock incandescent bulbs are negligible, but the whiteness sets it apart.

I stuck a 5 white led bulb in my trunk light, and wrapped the back with aluminum foil to reflect more light back through the housing. I put some electrical tape to insulate the foil.

I ordered white 15-led reverse bulbs, but they sent me amber by accident. Time to return it.....

Quick Reply: My LED lighting