Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Motor Blew on Turbonetics ST kit in 24HRS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanx for clarifying.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:44 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve@Evolution
The dumping to the atmosphere on the W/G was agreed with permission from Shervin since he wanted the car to sound meaner.

Why Turbonetic told me the Convertible Z ecu flash program was different from the regular Z?

Remember, this is a mail in flash. Every car reacts differently to a flash. Gas are different, temp are different, atmosphere are different. Alot of variables were not tuned for the individual's need. You can't argue on this one.
I never disputed the wastegate dump was done without his permission but rather I was curious as to why it was done as there was no benefit from it. I merely asked if the line burned through or got disconnected as I have had a diffcult time getting answers as to what did happen and what the details are. As for the flash the same one went to Speed Dreams at the same time as shervs and it seemed to be fine. I agree the a reflash is different then a dyno tuning on the spot however if there was a question that there was a problem with it why did you guys not get it on the dyno first to verify boost pressure and air fuel ratio?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:38 AM
jpc350z

Any F.I. install shop that does not inform and document to a customer that "Customer has been informed that a dyno tune is essential to verify install and safe operation of the set-up" is not serving his business nor the customer in repudable manner..IMHO
Old 07-07-2005, 06:25 AM
PumpedVA

steve is right wait for a 3rd party
Old 07-07-2005, 07:04 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

3rd party did examine from what I understand. Sherv has not told us what they said.

Evolution: I find it a little odd that you told him to drive it even though there was a CEL. You guys should have noticed the hesitation and CEL before he did. You should have determined the cause for the CEL and hesitation and he should not have taken the car. I understand he was anxious to get it back but it sounds like the job was incomplete and something was obviously wrong.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Steve@Evolution

1. Every customer with FI work done was told they need to get the car on a dyno to verify a/f and boost level before they leave. I can't do anything about it if the end user decided not to or delay the process until later due to their personal reason.

2. The car initially on the test drive was fine. Why would I release the car if there was a CEL in the first place? Because there wasn't any CEL or signs of problem until he took over the car.

3. After the CEL came on, I should of just detain the car. You guys are not there to understand how hard it is to detain a car when the end user absolute want to take the car home that day. He was so anixous that he raced multiple cars knowingly the car had a CEL.
Obviously, the hesitition went away after he got gas or else I don't think anyone would beat on a car when it hesitites.

Steve - Evolution
Old 07-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Steve@Evolution

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Evolution: I find it a little odd that you told him to drive it even though there was a CEL. You guys should have noticed the hesitation and CEL before he did. You should have determined the cause for the CEL and hesitation and he should not have taken the car. I understand he was anxious to get it back but it sounds like the job was incomplete and something was obviously wrong.
He wanted to take the car home and said he will bring the car back the next day to get it checked. Do I have to follow him home just to make sure he don't boost? What obviously went wrong was racing with CEL. I am no one's mother to tell anyone what not to do. I can only make suggestions to the consumers. They listen or not is up to them.

Steve - Evolution
Old 07-07-2005, 08:00 AM
rxtrom

Steve how far is your shop from Philly PA?
Old 07-07-2005, 08:04 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Steve@Evolution
1. Every customer with FI work done was told they need to get the car on a dyno to verify a/f and boost level before they leave. I can't do anything about it if the end user decided not to or delay the process until later due to their personal reason.

2. The car initially on the test drive was fine. Why would I release the car if there was a CEL in the first place? Because there wasn't any CEL or signs of problem until he took over the car.

3. After the CEL came on, I should of just detain the car. You guys are not there to understand how hard it is to detain a car when the end user absolute want to take the car home that day. He was so anixous that he raced multiple cars knowingly the car had a CEL.
Obviously, the hesitition went away after he got gas or else I don't think anyone would beat on a car when it hesitites.

Steve - Evolution
I can understand where you are coming from actually. I have seen that happen several times...I agree that he should have let you dyno the car before he left. I would certainly not feel comfortable unless I knew my car was running safely...
Old 07-07-2005, 10:19 AM
projectsherv

Ok, now my turn. Now Steve I think your a cool guy and you have been nothing but nice. Now all I have to say is I DID NOT WANT TO TAKE MY CAR HOME THAT DAY after the check engine light. I have witnesses that were with me, I asked "Should I leave the car here?" Jeff from Evolution told me, "get your car out of here and bring it back. We want your car out." I was not told to "take it easy" so you can have saved all the posts about racing you want, the exact words were "take it easy until you get some gas in the car." I do not like starting beef or talking trash and I am in no way doing so but I am definitely going to set things strait on here.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:32 AM
projectsherv

As a matter a fact this is what he said exactly. I came back with the check engine light within 10 minutes. He looks at the car and checks a few things out under the hood. Tells me this about the check engine light "its probly nothing just the low gas" "go get some gas in it and it will be just fine" i say so are you sure there is no break in period or wait time, he says "no man just get some gas in it and you will be just fine".
Old 07-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they say they want your car out due to other installations piling up? If that is the case (and i've heard of this happening often), why would you push the car hard? Just seems like you were a little ignorant/immature about what you were told or weren't told. (remember: it's better to wait longer for everything to be fine, than to get it back in a shorter amount of time, only to have to wait even longer after you had a little fun)

Oh well though, what happened has happened, no since in dragging the company through the mud on an error that most believe you made. Just accept that you probably made a mistake (if in fact that is what the 3rd party finds out) and move on. Just make sure to dyno break-in and tune this time though.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:04 AM
projectsherv

Ok, well I guess **** happens sometimes. I do not want to give evolution a bad reputation. I acctually went there because the tech was extremely helpful and I had also known him from quite sometime. The other shop that is building the engine and doing the work did say there seemed to be no error in the installation of the turbo kit and all of the previous work I had done through them was great. The tech even went out of his way to give me advice several times. I can tell you all I have learned a lot from this experience and I am going to be extremely careful this time around.