Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Sucks, Part 20

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:16 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Ok. I'm pretty pissed off at the moment and this is why.

From here on out...I will make my opinion of Vortech known to any prospective purchaser.......
Can't really help you g8tor20, but we had the impression they were having some kind of trouble. We hear really good things (see Sport Z Magazine Spring 2006 issue) and we have heard a lot of bad things.

When a company advertises with us, we try to jump in and help if we can. Can't do that now, they pulled out of Sport Z some time ago. The Fidanza's project car loves the Vortech products (see starting page 30 in the Spring 2006 issue).

Keep on them hard, they'll come back to life hopefully.

Bob
Sport Z pub

Last edited by publisher; 02-20-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:20 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by CaneZMD
Hey Gator,

Oh, and, the gators suck! Go Canes! (although, not with Coker, 'cause he sucks too)
CaneZMD, you got that right.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 02-20-2006, 01:21 PM
g8tor20

Thanks booger. I've followed you since day 1 with the Vortech. But if you heard this thing at the stoplight...you would know this isn;t within any spec range at all. Its embarassing. I have over $15K invested in my car and this is unaccaptable. This wouldnt be accaptable on a 1987 beater.

They may not help me in the end...but I'll be sure to spread the word about their fine product. Hopefully I have deterred one individual from buying one today. I'm on these boards all day anyways...I'll be sure to spread the word...
Old 02-20-2006, 01:23 PM
g8tor20

Originally Posted by publisher
Can't really help you g8tor20, but we had the impression they were having some kind of trouble. We hear really good things (see Sport Z Magazine Spring 2006 issue) and we have heard a lot of bad things.

When a company advertises with us, we try to jump in and help if we can. Can't do that now, they pulled out of Sport Z some time ago. The Fidanza's project car loves the Vortech products (see starting page 30 in the Sprint 2006 issue).

Keep on them hard, they'll come back to life hopefully.

Bob
Sport Z pub
The cost to them to make me happy is small. It has been this whole time. Give me a refurbished unit or whatever. I don't care. Make a customer happy. All they have done is **** me off 10X over. They may only care about domestics at this point...but who knows. Maybe I'll get to the right people who can help me.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:30 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks booger. I've followed you since day 1 with the Vortech. But if you heard this thing at the stoplight...you would know this isn;t within any spec range at all. Its embarassing. I have over $15K invested in my car and this is unaccaptable. This wouldnt be accaptable on a 1987 beater.

They may not help me in the end...but I'll be sure to spread the word about their fine product. Hopefully I have deterred one individual from buying one today. I'm on these boards all day anyways...I'll be sure to spread the word...
Lets hope they stand up and take notice of your problem and make it right with you . Going to the top , may help . Write that letter and include a tape or CD with the noise on it . If the CEO hears it . It may get you some where .

GOOD LUCK....Bill
Old 02-20-2006, 01:35 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

The cost to them to make me happy is small. It has been this whole time. Give me a refurbished unit or whatever. I don't care. Make a customer happy. All they have done is **** me off 10X over. They may only care about domestics at this point...but who knows. Maybe I'll get to the right people who can help me.
Heck, maybe I'll rag on them in print. How about a new page in SZM on companies who don't back their products?

Let me think about this for a monent. Nah, probably not a smart idea.
A good idea, not a smart one.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 02-20-2006, 02:12 PM
dixieland

Originally Posted by dixieland
Another thought - i know someone suggested making sure that the cog bolt (not tension pulley bolt) was tight. This cog does not have a nut/washer combination on the back of the blower but more of smooth end with an allen-wrench looking insert on the back (kindof hard to get to so i have not been able to see if i can tighten this part yet). Makes sense though, if with a little play in the cog itself, that if we could tighten the allenwrench part we might be able to tighten that cog up and get rid of the rattle. I will try and find something that will allow me to test the tightness of this when i get home tonight and post my findings. if you have already tried this please let me know.
Please keep me updated....
Ok, so i rushed home thinking this was the problem but the cog seems to be nice and tight on the SC itself. The play is INSIDE the blower and the noise is coming from inside.

Question for guys who have installed is before - when the system is shipped is that cog already mounted on the the blower or is that part of the installation?
Old 02-20-2006, 02:21 PM
SungNamZ

Just got received a phone call from Jamie and Vortech Technical Support. He received and reviewed the 14+ pages I faxed with initial Thread titled "Vortech Owners...Might want to check this" with Posts.

I believe "booger" had a question on torque specification for the Tensioner Pulley Screw/Bolt/Nut. They is NO torque spec. Jamie did suggest however that "Loc Tite Blue" be used to secure the nut.

Also, as I posted from a previous conversation with Mariano, the COG Belt should be tightened, measured at the bottom, to a minimum twist of 1/4" to a maximum twist of 1/2".

PS: While they are precluded from responding to posts on forums (i.e. my350Z.com and G35) they do monitor ALL threads and subsequent posts.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:30 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Just got received a phone call from Jamie and Vortech Technical Support. He received and reviewed the 14+ pages I faxed with initial Thread titled "Vortech Owners...Might want to check this" with Posts.

I believe "booger" had a question on torque specification for the Tensioner Pulley Screw/Bolt/Nut. They is NO torque spec. Jamie did suggest however that "Loc Tite Blue" be used to secure the nut.

Also, as I posted from a previous conversation with Mariano, the COG Belt should be tightened, measured at the bottom, to a minimum twist of 1/4" to a maximum twist of 1/2".

PS: While they are precluded from responding to posts on forums (i.e. my350Z.com and G35) they do monitor ALL threads and subsequent posts.
Steve [ Forced] used to post here and answer questions . Maybe they told he to stop . For the same reason alot of company's dont post on forums . It ends up being a fight fest between the company and haters of thier products
Old 02-20-2006, 02:33 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Very interesting. Hope they'll step up and do the right thing.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 02-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Gman2004

I'm assuming that many people have taken it off before and its patchable. I'll learn all about it whenever I take the kit off
You can just put a bolt in there. no big deal. I hope they fix your problem. I feel for ya bro! I know what you mean by embarassing. Besides me wanting more power I switched to a TT because I got tired of people asking me what's wrong with your car? Isn't it brand new and it's making noise like that?

Last edited by Gman2004; 02-20-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:08 PM
g8tor20

Ok guys. I got an email from Jaime basically saying that my rant is BS. He stated that i am misinforming you that they tried to help by telling me they would send a temp blower for my car while they fixed the one i had. I opted out of that b/c that meant double install and reinstall labor. I opted to just send it back and wait till it came back. Well....now he bashes me b/c I didnt tell you about this "bending over backwards" offer from them. POS product with POS support. Should have learned from Jorge
Old 02-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Gman2004

Jason dig up your orginal thread. I could have sworn you specified that Vortech offered to lend you a blower while you sent them yours, but you didn't want to pay double the labor. Maybe it was on G35driver.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:37 PM
g8tor20

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Jason dig up your orginal thread. I could have sworn you specified that Vortech offered to lend you a blower while you sent them yours, but you didn't want to pay double the labor. Maybe it was on G35driver.
Jorge...if I didnt have 4 threads here and 4 more over there...i would check. I could care less. I didnt pay double and sent them the blower. Point is they still didnt fix my crappy blower.

I'm gonna write to the head of the company and go that route. Can't hurt. I'm done with the tech side....
Old 02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
SungNamZ

I hate "down time"! I have even thought about buying a "new" blower should I have a probem. I would have jumped had Vortech offered to lend me a blower while I was awaiting repair/return. Had a similar situation with a Wide Band unit on my "Z". While they didn't "lend" me a unit, they sent a unit that was charged on my credit card, evaluated the unit and after determining it was bad, advised me to keep the unit they sent and credited my credit card for the amount.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:17 PM
g8tor20

I hate "down time"! I have even thought about buying a "new" blower should I have a probem. I would have jumped had Vortech offered to lend me a blower while I was awaiting repair/return. Had a similar situation with a Wide Band unit on my "Z". While they didn't "lend" me a unit, they sent a unit that was charged on my credit card, evaluated the unit and after determining it was bad, advised me to keep the unit they sent and credited my credit card for the amount.
They told me to send in my unit. And after complaining...they said they would send me a temporary unit i can use for the week I wouldnt have the blower. But that meant I had to pay the shop to unistall and install an extra time. I told Vortech thanks but no thanks. Just fix mine and send mine back....which they did.

Now they want to hang their hat on that....completely avoiding the fact that they failed to fix my blower the first time!
Old 02-20-2006, 05:24 PM
frostyrock7c

Wow, just wow... this is some crazy stuff... the JWT kit is looking better and better everyday... except for that price tag, but I guess you get what you pay for
Old 02-20-2006, 06:07 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by frostyrock7c
Wow, just wow... this is some crazy stuff... the JWT kit is looking better and better everyday... except for that price tag, but I guess you get what you pay for
+1

If your reading this Vortech, your lost sales from this whole ordeal will cost you alot more in lost sales than to fix his blower. MAN UP

Vortech lost sales count= 1
Feel free to add to the list people
Old 02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
k3silk

Ive spoken with 2 techs and the head guy (Jaime R) and they keep giving me the runaround. Now they say its normal and just send the unit back to them for re-inspection. They refuse to pay for any labor on this even though this is the 2nd time. (I just sent it in a month ago)

I presented an alternative to send me a new blower and ill pay for the labor in exchanging them. This was a nogo either.

I have sent them links to this site before....no avail. Its funny how they say stuff is "normal", yet nobody else's makes that wiggle noise. Greta stuff...

I realized that i have over 3000 posts on Driver and I will make "Vortech sucks" my signature so its plasted on 3000 posts over there and a few hundred over here.
hey if it helps i will talk so much sh*t on vortech around here for ya so that in my area anyone that is thinking of getting it i will let them know about the crappy *** service your getting and prolly what they would get to. THANK GOD I DIDNT GET THAT SH*T!!!! i take back all the things good i said about that kit.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:24 PM
g8tor20

Thanks guys for standing tall with me. Like I said...I'm done dealing with the tech folks. I'll try sending a letter to the President. We'll see if they decide to stand behind their product.

Sad thing is I have given them since October/November before really giving up with them.

Quick Reply: Vortech Sucks, Part 20