Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Sucks, Part 20

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:34 AM
g8tor20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I have been patient. It took me 4 months to get to this point of anger. I have driven my car thousands of miles without the blower running. I have spent money in labor and shipping. I have done everything asked of me. I have spent hours and hours trying to diagnse this crap myself and posting stuff here. When you guys told me to send the blower back for re-inspection...I blew a lid. You dont get 2 bites from the apple from me.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:37 AM
g8tor20

Originally Posted by jamie805
I offered to send him a unit that was on a test vehicle we had that had just had a fresh rebuild. He decided that it was not worth it because of labor cost. so instead we opted to have the unit done the same day it got here so that it would get back the next day, and that is exactly what happend. Until a day or two ago I didnt even know that he still had the problem. From day one all jason has insisted on is that i send him a new head unit. so say i do, and the noise is still there? then what? Because i did not have him send the unit and the bracket assy in, we still dont know what the cause is. right? look all i ask is for the bracket assy and the blower to get sent in. i have no problem replacing everything inside the unit gears and all to make him happy with the sound. i have no problem replacing the bearings in the bracket to make sure that the noise is not coming from them. but i cant do that if its not going to come back.
Thats bs Jaime. After it was diagnosed as the blower, I sent that back in. I wanted a new or refurbished unit b/c of shop time and downtime. You agreed to do it fast and I accepted that offer. I sent it back. Now since Mariano said something is wrong and to re-send the unit back...yes...i asked for a new or refurbished one. What is rediculous is that you want me to resend my old one back a second time.

Why wasn't this fixed the first time Jaime? Why am i even in the position to have to send it back?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:37 AM
jamie805

tell you what im gonna do for the sake of going thru this anymore...because frankly its getting pointless. but keep in mind in the future if you call this is what will happen or i will not help. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU SHOULD ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM ALL PARTS MUST BE SENT IN. but for now Im gonna send you a new mounting bracket assy. Im going to give a test unit we have on the shelf a fresh rebuild and overnight them both to you. you will need to provide me with some sort of assurance that the old unit is going to make it back to me with in a weeks time of you receiving the unit and bracket. is that acceptable to you?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:41 AM
g8tor20

Ohhh...forgot to mention that every time I had to do something and drive somewhere to get diagnosed or taken off....I had to take off days from work. Add that to my expenditures.... (3 days)
Old 02-21-2006, 10:45 AM
Gman2004

tell you what im gonna do for the sake of going thru this anymore...because frankly its getting pointless. but keep in mind in the future if you call this is what will happen or i will not help. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU SHOULD ENCOUNTER A PROBLEM ALL PARTS MUST BE SENT IN. but for now Im gonna send you a new mounting bracket assy. Im going to give a test unit we have on the shelf a fresh rebuild and overnight them both to you. you will need to provide me with some sort of assurance that the old unit is going to make it back to me with in a weeks time of you receiving the unit and bracket. is that acceptable to you?
that's sound very fare to me! take it Jason!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:45 AM
g8tor20

of course thats acceptable....Jaime...you have known since day 1 I justed wanted a working blower. I have kept you guys in the loop everytime I did somthing with it or took it somewhere. Its fustrating that I send stuff to Vortech at my expense and you want me to re-send it back? Do you see why I was so upset?
Old 02-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Gman2004

Removed the Vortech signature.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Ohhh...forgot to mention that every time I had to do something and drive somewhere to get diagnosed or taken off....I had to take off days from work. Add that to my expenditures.... (3 days)
You can't fault them for your taking time off work.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 AM
g8tor20

I removed mine pending the outcome....

Hopefully I can put this all to rest......
Old 02-21-2006, 10:51 AM
g8tor20

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
You can't fault them for your taking time off work.
No i dont...but its part of the hassel I went through...and telling me to resend it for re-inspection 1 month after I just went thorugh it...thats what bothered me.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:54 AM
jamie805

I understand your point of view, but you have to understand that just replacing stuff because someone says its noisy or doesnt work is not the way it works. Even though you had the video clip, it just doesnt work that way.. if that was the case we wouldn't have a warranty. I'll get started on the unit and having a bracket assy built tomorrow when im back in the office. . Depending On whats in stock i might be day out on them.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:56 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad that was solved

I can't think of anything else vortech can do other than give away a brand new unit and that's probably out of the question for any kit by any manufacturer
Old 02-21-2006, 10:57 AM
g8tor20

I understand your point of view, but you have to understand that just replacing stuff because someone says its noisy or doesnt work is not the way it works. Even though you had the video clip, it just doesnt work that way.. if that was the case we wouldn't have a warranty. I'll get started on the unit and having a bracket assy built tomorrow when im back in the office. . Depending On whats in stock i might be day out on them.
But thats why I took it to the 2 nearest Vortech shops. So they could see it themselves. Its was the "re-send the blower fo re-inspection" thing that got me upset. When you told me that everything looked fine on the blower...I even told you to keep it for a few days to continue the inspection. I wish the cog rattle would have been caught then.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:58 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I offered to send him a unit that was on a test vehicle we had that had just had a fresh rebuild. He decided that it was not worth it because of labor cost. so instead we opted to have the unit done the same day it got here so that it would get back the next day, and that is exactly what happend. Until a day or two ago I didnt even know that he still had the problem. From day one all jason has insisted on is that i send him a new head unit. so say i do, and the noise is still there? then what? Because i did not have him send the unit and the bracket assy in, we still dont know what the cause is. right? look all i ask is for the bracket assy and the blower to get sent in. i have no problem replacing everything inside the unit gears and all to make him happy with the sound. i have no problem replacing the bearings in the bracket to make sure that the noise is not coming from them. but i cant do that if its not going to come back.
OK, I see a glimmer of hope here. However, he said--he said is getting you guys absolutely nothing, except acid stomach. Here it is. Jamie, replace everything and send it to a shop you and g8tor20 agree upon. Write it off as development costs. (I was an electrical engineer in a former life and development costs were a catch-all for all kinds of stuff. NASA and military contracts accepted it as doing business, so can Vortech).

If he still has the problem, the problem lies entirely on him. Jamie, send him QC inspection documents and be sure to include performance data. One last thing, burn-in the replacement unit and, in-so-doing, eliminate any infant mortality issues. Burn it in for 48 hours, gather the data and send it along with the replacement unit. You both come out winners.

It's doable. Make it so.

Bob
Old 02-21-2006, 10:59 AM
athenG

but if he went to a vortech shop and they say it's the blower then that should be accepted. This is the reason why i'm leaning towards TN, customer service is more important to me than the price! Hope this will be the end of it.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:10 AM
k3silk

now we are getting some where for this guy funny how we had to start all this **** talking to get it but it got done get that blower and send him the old one back i will now take it of with pending the results.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:11 AM
znot

see reply #18..........
Old 02-21-2006, 11:18 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by znot
see reply #18..........
I like reply #63
Old 02-21-2006, 11:22 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE=SungNamZ]

Nice to see Bob here on my350Z.com! He spends the majority of his time satisfying the chickz and some of us guyz (aka: TamaHills) over on ZChickz.com
QUOTE]

OK SungNamZ, you had to know this was coming

First of all, the ladies at ZChickZ love SZM and they are passionate about me (deal with it) and a whole lot easier on the eyes. VaVaVoom, you know what I'm saying ova heeerrraaa.

I enjoy satisfying the chickz, that's a good thing. Now, while I live in the west, I'm not an advocate of the Brokeback Mountain life style. Get what I'm saying?

Now this: I have over 600 posts on my350.com and less than 600 on Zchickz.com. Do the math dude.

Serious, maybe you can join us for lunch the next time I come down to Albuquerque to conduct mag bizz with Art and Bex.

Bob
Old 02-21-2006, 11:46 AM
atlsupdawg#2

g8tor20,
Granted you have not sent your parts in, would it be possible for you to record your car at idle next to another vortech equiped Z or G? I really don't know if that would be feasible at this point but may help better diagnos the problem when compared side by side..

Quick Reply: Vortech Sucks, Part 20