Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech Sucks, Part 20

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 08:53 AM
SungNamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DjCprace
Also to add to this we (CPRacing) offered to pick up the car and tow the car back to the shop while we were in Flordia for PRI. The offer was turned down because of the down time. We as a company have offered help but have been turned down. Us being one of the largest dealers for Vortech doesn't just come from selling Z and G kits, we do just as much for the whole industry. All I am saying is everyone has tried to help you and you wont take the help. I know Jamie personally and he would do anything he can to make you happy with product. With him getting the blower out the same day on a repair is doing alot. There is usually a 2-3 weeks lead time on all repairs and uprades.
+1 for CPRace, Vortech Super Chargers and Jamie, Danny and Mariano at Vortech
Old 02-23-2006, 11:30 AM
DjCprace

Simply for the reason that every time you take the blower apart you have to replace all the bearings and seals. If nothing were to be wrong then the customer would have to pay for two minor repairs which can get costly. The tolerances of the gears is minamal. Vortech has strict guidelines on building these blowers.

Originally Posted by neffster
Why doesn't Vortech have an anti-backlash gear (or gear set) or even a set of master gears laying around the shop for situations like this? I know anti-backlash gears can cause accelerated wear when used for long periods of time, but for 'inspection' and 'fault isolation' this seems like a PERFECT way to determine if the backlash inside of the blower is the issue. Just replace the questionable gears inside of the housing with the MASTER GEARS or the anti-backlash gear(s), reassemble the housing and put the blower on a test fixture and crank it up. If the rattle is gone, simply replace the gear set with GOOD GEARS, retest it and you're good to go. Otherwise go to the next likely candidate...

After all, isn't the name of the company Vortech ENGINEERING?

Just my 2 cents...

Sincerely,
Neffster (former Vortech S/C owner)
Precision Mechanical Design Engineer
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control
Old 02-23-2006, 12:54 PM
g8tor20

Originally Posted by DjCprace
Also to add to this we (CPRacing) offered to pick up the car and tow the car back to the shop while we were in Flordia for PRI. The offer was turned down because of the down time. We as a company have offered help but have been turned down. Us being one of the largest dealers for Vortech doesn't just come from selling Z and G kits, we do just as much for the whole industry. All I am saying is everyone has tried to help you and you wont take the help. I know Jamie personally and he would do anything he can to make you happy with product. With him getting the blower out the same day on a repair is doing alot. There is usually a 2-3 weeks lead time on all repairs and uprades.
I have done nothing but sing praises about CP Race. I thanked you for the offer but I live in Floirda and simply cant send my car away for weeks at a time. I thanked you several times and wished I could have used you guys....but....it just wasn't possible. I would have needed to rent a car for those few weeks. Don't make it seem like I've turned away everyones help.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:56 PM
g8tor20

And to update everyone...I have received a package from Vortech today.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:38 PM
RedBird

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Congradulations on your efforts to resolve your problems, I just went through every post and was wondering, would it be possible to post a sound clip of what the vortech sounds like normally?
Old 03-05-2006, 06:06 AM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by g8tor20
What have you done with the "package"?
Old 03-10-2006, 04:33 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G8or20
Did you get the blower back on and running ?
I sent mine in last week . They got it on Friday and I called two days ago and it sounded like I wouldnt get it back till next week . I found it at my door this afternoon
Old 03-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Gman2004

booger,

g8tor20 decided to part out and car and go back to stock.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:07 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by Gman2004
booger,

Daaaaaamn. Serious? Now I'll have to kill the article in the Summer 2006 Sport Z Magazine.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-11-2006, 06:10 PM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by Gman2004
booger,

Seven pages of ranting, raving and bullzhit and g8tor20 decides to "go back to stock".
Old 03-11-2006, 07:25 PM
booger

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Seven pages of ranting, raving and bullzhit and g8tor20 decides to "go back to stock".
Yeh ..I know . Vortech got my blower back in one week including shipping time . I 2nd day aired it to them and I think they overnighted it back to me
Old 03-14-2006, 08:24 AM
jamie805

Default now that we have deiceded what to do..

When am i getting the parts i sent you back. It has been over a week now, and if i remember correctly we agreed that something would be sent back to me within a weeks time. let me know, i'll be waiting..

Also Neff,

The reason we dont make an "anti-backlash gear" is because of climates that are cold. We've found that the tighter the tolerance in the gears the quieter the units are, however those tight tolerances do not like the cold weather. In cold weather the unit would lock up and the gears would over heat and come apart. We have done extensive testing in -20 degree weather with the current gear design and it is what works best.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:48 AM
booger

Originally Posted by jamie805
When am i getting the parts i sent you back. It has been over a week now, and if i remember correctly we agreed that something would be sent back to me within a weeks time. let me know, i'll be waiting..

Also Neff,

The reason we dont make an "anti-backlash gear" is because of climates that are cold. We've found that the tighter the tolerance in the gears the quieter the units are, however those tight tolerances do not like the cold weather. In cold weather the unit would lock up and the gears would over heat and come apart. We have done extensive testing in -20 degree weather with the current gear design and it is what works best.
jamie
Thanks for getting my blower back to me sooner than I thought . It runs great
Old 03-14-2006, 10:05 AM
kevinapex

Jammie, sense were on this subject! you have been very fair with all my dealings with Vortech w/ my S-trim.
Happy Vortech owner
Kevin Gilman
Old 03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Forced

Originally Posted by booger
Steve [ Forced] used to post here and answer questions . Maybe they told he to stop . For the same reason alot of company's dont post on forums . It ends up being a fight fest between the company and haters of thier products
I am still here, but have not seen this until today! I am reading the whole thing now!
Old 03-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Forced

Wow...lot's going on here. Overall we have had good success with our system. After reading this whole thread (now that my eyes are crossed) it seems it came to a bad ending: Car going back to stock. I also want everybody to be aware of all the good comments and happy customers that have posted on here before. We are still promoting and backing the Z and G systems. Just because we pulled out of SportZ, doesn't mean we gave up. That's silly.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:41 PM
booger

Might be a good idea to visit more often and see if you can help some of these guys out with a few of there problems . Im a happy camper with the T-trim
Old 03-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Forced

I think I will!
Old 03-14-2006, 05:18 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by Forced
Just because we pulled out of SportZ, doesn't mean we gave up. That's silly.
Sir, if you were the person who disrespected and dismissed Art Singer at the SEMA Media Event nearly two years, you know the truth about what happened. If it was your idea to discontinue with Sport Z, stuff happens and we're fine with that. If you were at that meeting, you know what I posted earlier to be the truth. We are going to concentrate our efforts on Mustang and that's why we're pulling our ad from Sport Z. Paraphrased slightly!

So, when you say "That's silly" you may want to read the email Art Singer sent to Jamie when this thread got hot a couple of weeks ago. You should stand by the way you discharged us and not hide behind "that's silly."

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-14-2006, 05:40 PM
kevinapex

Quick Reply: Vortech Sucks, Part 20