Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

AEM EMS Now available for 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 04:02 PM
John@Victory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phunk
you paid about 10 times that for something not backed by a factory warranty the second you put nitrous on it

how do you figure that? federal law states that unless the failure is caused by the parts installed my car is still under warranty.

and ive got a little more sense than to leave a bottle and soliniods on the car for work..

as a matter of fact if you read my posts you will see i just got the car back from the shop about this time last year from getting a new motor installed under warranty. and i am currently getting a transmission replacement
Old 04-16-2006, 04:20 PM
John@Victory

if you need all the guarentees that nothing is going to break, i think your playing the wrong game you may have tricked nissan, but you wont be able to scam all venders into paying your way.

not looking to trick anyone for one thing. my nitrous on the car had nothing to do with an out of balance crank pulley that finally broke the main seal and sheered a keyway. my nitrous has nothing to do with my transmission grinding fron the 2-3 shift . which is an issue nissan has acknowledged long ago. how many transmissions has nissan revised now? 9? so dont try that crap.

a warranty that states the peice they altered isnt going to fail would suffice. and if that part they altered faid and hurt something else it would be covored.

and for 3k thats not asking for much since the aem box is worth about 5 dollars after its been opened up and altered

your assumptions and accusations arent appriceated. i have never tried to trick anyone out of anything .

and asking if there was any kind of warranty on their product was not out of line to ask and as a matter of fact a damn good question!
Old 04-16-2006, 04:24 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i didnt assume anything, the only information i had is what you presented, and that is that you car had nitrous and you were still able to get nissan to warrenty your engine and trans. i didnt accuse you of anything tho, and i apologize if it came off that way. I will delete my original post to eliminate that tone.

While 3K is a lot of money, its not like that is 3K going to SP... the original cost of the components is very high... and if something failed down the road, how do you expect SP to pay for everything? No one in the performance industry will do that for you.... the most you will get is a parts replacement of the component that they sold you.

I dont want to hijack this thread with bickering, I just wanted to say that I am aware of SP's great reputation and I just wanted to present that publicly since it seems as if many people here are not familiar with them... and also that I would personally have no trouble trusting them to stand behind their products within reason. I am local to SP and everyone around here knows that they are

Last edited by phunk; 04-16-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:29 PM
theking

Actually only 5. The first fm platform six speed cars had the 004 tranny. Now we are on 009. There's my .02. Nitrous and warranty don't go hand in hand.
Originally Posted by John@Victory
how many transmissions has nissan revised now? 9? so dont try that crap.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:34 PM
John@Victory

i didnt assume anything, the only information i had is what you presented, and that is that you car had nitrous and you were still able to get nissan to warrenty your engine and trans. i didnt accuse you of anything tho, and i apologize if it came off that way. I will delete my original post to eliminate that tone.

While 3K is a lot of money, its not like that is 3K going to SP... the original cost of the components is very high... and if something failed down the road, how do you expect SP to pay for everything? No one in the performance industry will do that for you.... the most you will get is a parts replacement of the component that they sold you.

I dont want to hijack this thread with bickering, I just wanted to say that I am aware of SP's great reputation and I just wanted to present that publicly since it seems as if many people here are not familiar with them... and also that I would personally have no trouble trusting them to stand behind their products within reason. I am local to SP and everyone around here knows that they are

no deleting the post isnt necissary. i wear my heart on my sleeve at times expecially when someone says im out to trick people. its all good. and if you notice ive posted in the thread to answer questions and support sp and what they are doing as well. but if there is an issue in the aem box and shorts and burns my electrical system or something (and i know im getting a little on the extreen side of examples) then i would expext somebody to help me out since i was sold a defective product. wouldnt expect them to rebuild the motor for me if it wasnt tuned correctly. just if their part malfunction because of a defect for things to work out just as if it was aem i bought the box from
Old 04-16-2006, 04:37 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by theking
Actually only 5. The first fm platform six speed cars had the 004 tranny. Now we are on 009. There's my .02. Nitrous and warranty don't go hand in hand.

lol
ok 5 then.

and nitrous has nothing to do with warranty. with your way of thinking then if you put on headers or hell just an exhaust then there is no warranty. wel that is not true. your car is still under warranty. unless they dertermain that the parts you had on the car caused the failure. that would be like saying because i put coil overs on it my transmission is no longer covered.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:38 PM
John@Victory

anyhow SP hows about showing us what the aem unit did for your car.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:04 PM
RageWoRX

I was starting to sense the same thing here that a number of those questioning this system were obviously unfamiliar with SP and thier reputation/accomplishments in this industry.

I know this isn't Supra Forums ... but SP has been doing this stuff for a while
and I'm happy that they are spending the time and effort to advance the VQ to new levels. IMHO we need more established companies like SP to get involved because it can only help.

But I see no problem if some people are skeptical for the moment. Like I said once we see more of them in action on the VQs (we already know what they can do on other engines but anyway) we can have some of that proof that everyone is asking for

-Jon

Last edited by RageWoRX; 04-16-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Havok_RLS2

I'm with John on this one Phunk. I don't care what your opinion on the matter really is unless you have the system installed on your car and YOU can back it up with at lease 6 months worth of data.
Bottom line is that this is NOT a product that was engineered, tested, or even sold by AEM for the 350z. It still come down to the FACT that this is a universal EMS that someone Modified.

(mod·i·fy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (md-f)
v. mod·i·fied, mod·i·fy·ing, mod·i·fies
v. tr.
To change in form or character; alter.
To make less extreme, severe, or strong: refused to modify her stand on the issue.
Grammar. To qualify or limit the meaning of. For example, summer modifies day in the phrase a summer day.
Linguistics. To change (a vowel) by umlaut. )

Now... Currently I have the TurboSX UTEC system installed in my Z which costed me $1100 installed by anthorized dealer. TurboSX and AAM stand FIRM behind their product and the install. I also have the 350z Cypher program that does data logging (along with everything else ) for $375. I'm also looking to purchase the Tuner WB, which can be purchased for about $380+. Grand total = $1855+
If you wanna add more options like MAP? Add another $120.00. Still less than $3000 leaving me with enough to build my own carputer to monitor everything full time without a laptop taking up space in the pass. seat.

My point being that All these products were designed purpose based for the 350z and fully supported by the company who designed them.

So unless your can show me proof back by real data and customer supported reviews.... My UTEC stays and has my vote.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:28 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Its cool that you are able to meet your own personal needs with less expensive products... but the purpose of this discussion is that...

If you want AEM EMS, its now available.

a·vail·a·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-vl-bl)
adj.
Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times.
Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors.

If your looking for a new option down the road, give it 6 months and SP will be able to present you with 6 months worth of data!
Old 04-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Havok_RLS2

Its cool that you are able to meet your own personal needs with less expensive products... but the purpose of this discussion is that...

If you want AEM EMS, its now available.

a·vail·a·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-vl-bl)
adj.
Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times.
Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors.

If your looking for a new option down the road, give it 6 months and SP will be able to present you with 6 months worth of data!

Good deal.

BTW. $3000 isn't that bad if it CAN do everything it claims to do in one until. $2500 would still be a lot better though,

We shall see...
Old 04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
350xfire

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
I'm with John on this one Phunk. I don't care what your opinion on the matter really is unless you have the system installed on your car and YOU can back it up with at lease 6 months worth of data.
Bottom line is that this is NOT a product that was engineered, tested, or even sold by AEM for the 350z. It still come down to the FACT that this is a universal EMS that someone Modified.

(mod·i·fy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (md-f)
v. mod·i·fied, mod·i·fy·ing, mod·i·fies
v. tr.
To change in form or character; alter.
To make less extreme, severe, or strong: refused to modify her stand on the issue.
Grammar. To qualify or limit the meaning of. For example, summer modifies day in the phrase a summer day.
Linguistics. To change (a vowel) by umlaut. )

Now... Currently I have the TurboSX UTEC system installed in my Z which costed me $1100 installed by anthorized dealer. TurboSX and AAM stand FIRM behind their product and the install. I also have the 350z Cypher program that does data logging (along with everything else ) for $375. I'm also looking to purchase the Tuner WB, which can be purchased for about $380+. Grand total = $1855+
If you wanna add more options like MAP? Add another $120.00. Still less than $3000 leaving me with enough to build my own carputer to monitor everything full time without a laptop taking up space in the pass. seat.

My point being that All these products were designed purpose based for the 350z and fully supported by the company who designed them.

So unless your can show me proof back by real data and customer supported reviews.... My UTEC stays and has my vote.

What's up with the English lessons??? Getting kind of annoying...
Old 04-16-2006, 05:55 PM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jeez ya'll. I admit it is kindof weird for someone to post a new product without dyno results or even a time schedule for install but trust me. AEM's ems is a great product and the UTEC is not the in the same league. For example who here compares the utec to the fcon? no one. The aem will be in the fcon league not the utec league imo.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:03 PM
JeffesonM

Good to hear there's another tuning option available for the VQ35... I look forward to seeing what people can do with it.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by gatti-man
jeez ya'll. I admit it is kindof weird for someone to post a new product without dyno results or even a time schedule for install but trust me. AEM's ems is a great product and the UTEC is not the in the same league. For example who here compares the utec to the fcon? no one. The aem will be in the fcon league not the utec league imo.
In theory you would be absolutly correct... I just want to see the proof. Is that too much to ask? I'm not saying at all that the AEM EMS is a junk system compared to the UTEC. I am saying that the UTEC is proven technology.
Show me the data and I'll show you the money. Sounds fair to me right?
Old 04-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Dude, Im a HUGE UTEC supporter and dealer/Wholesale Distibuter..And I will even aknowledge that the AEM unit does alot of things the UTEC can not at this time (Stress on "at this time"). The UTEC will be comming out with a bunch of new features and a new GUI very soon!
However the AEM is on a whole different playing field and will be a solution for those who need it. For 90% of people on this board building their Z's the UTEC will be all you ever need. There will be the 10% that will go F-Con and AEM to obtain a bit more control over some of the engines parameters..
It is refreshing to see different options on the market for 350Z owners at different pricing levels, where only 12 months ago there was jack shiit on the market..
Old 04-16-2006, 07:21 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Dude, Im a HUGE UTEC supporter and dealer/Wholesale Distibuter..And I will even aknowledge that the AEM unit does alot of things the UTEC can not at this time (Stress on "at this time"). The UTEC will be comming out with a bunch of new features and a new GUI very soon!
However the AEM is on a whole different playing field and will be a solution for those who need it. For 90% of people on this board building their Z's the UTEC will be all you ever need. There will be the 10% that will go F-Con and AEM to obtain a bit more control over some of the engines parameters..
It is refreshing to see different options on the market for 350Z owners at different pricing levels, where only 12 months ago there was jack shiit on the market..
Old 04-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Havok_RLS2

I'm looking forward to the new GUI and updates.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
I'm looking forward to the new GUI and updates.
Ill be the test monkey as soon as Jermaine gets them..
Old 04-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Havok_RLS2

Ill be the test monkey as soon as Jermaine gets them..
Can you give Jermaine a call and ask him to put it in overdrive a bit. I'm sure everyone with the UTEC would love to see an updated GUI and other additions sooner rather than later. I know I would.
Give me a call when your ready to get a customers review. I mean really.

Quick Reply: AEM EMS Now available for 350Z